General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Ricer intolerance?

Search this Thread

Old 12-07-2007, 07:42 AM
cabledude
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Ricer intolerance?

I've had both metrics and now a Harley. Even when I had something else, I've always wanted a Harley. But, I enjoyed riding whatever I had because I was riding. The only problem I have is these idiot riders on sportbikes that run twice the speed limit on roads, doing stunts in traffic and generally trying to kill everyone besides themselves. I feel they are the reason that bikers are getting a bad rap with the public.

Old 12-07-2007, 09:28 AM
Asmodeus
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I ride both... Of course this year I've put 17k on the RKC and only about 5k on the 99 Valkyrie Interstate... Very different bikes, but I love them both (just a little more for the RKC)... If Honda hadn't discontinued the Valkyrie Interstates, I would have traded the old in for a new... As is, I can't stand the Goldwing so when I do trade the Valk it will be for an Ultra...

Old 12-07-2007, 09:33 AM
steveh326
Road Warrior
Received 143 Likes on 61 Posts

ORIGINAL: thumperhumper

I guess I don't really understand why some of us despise the guys who ride ricers and the machines themselves. I have owned ricers and a BMW and they were all good machines...just different types of machines. WE ALL LOVE TO RIDE!
Don't get me wrong, I love my Harley and wouldn't trade it for anything but there is something to be said for the other bikes as well. Aco-worker buddy of mine owns a ricer sport bike and we love to talk about riding because he has it in his blood just like me, therefore a common bond...we both understand the freedom of riding. In fact I like to admire his bike and he admires my Harley...both areawesome machines, just very different machines.
I guess what I am trying to say is that I form my opinion about a person on who they are, not on the make of bike they ride.
On the other hand if a ricer flipped me off or something just because I'm on my Harley there's gonna be trouble.
I don't care what kind of bike someone rides. But let me tell you I have a JOHN DEERE tractor, and my neighbor has a CUB CADET! Man, don't get me started on THAT! Heck I won't even WAVE to him when he is out on it ! And sometimes he wears FINGERLESS GLOVES when he mows! ! ! !

this is justa joke. I actually have a metric in the garage now parked next to my roadglide... love them both equally...lol.

Old 12-07-2007, 09:36 AM
Tony P
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 350 Likes on 217 Posts

ORIGINAL: steveh326

ORIGINAL: thumperhumper

I guess I don't really understand why some of us despise the guys who ride ricers and the machines themselves. I have owned ricers and a BMW and they were all good machines...just different types of machines. WE ALL LOVE TO RIDE!
Don't get me wrong, I love my Harley and wouldn't trade it for anything but there is something to be said for the other bikes as well. Aco-worker buddy of mine owns a ricer sport bike and we love to talk about riding because he has it in his blood just like me, therefore a common bond...we both understand the freedom of riding. In fact I like to admire his bike and he admires my Harley...both areawesome machines, just very different machines.
I guess what I am trying to say is that I form my opinion about a person on who they are, not on the make of bike they ride.
On the other hand if a ricer flipped me off or something just because I'm on my Harley there's gonna be trouble.
I don't care what kind of bike someone rides. But let me tell you I have a JOHN DEERE tractor, and my neighbor has a CUB CADET! Man, don't get me started on THAT! Heck I won't even WAVE to him when he is out on it ! And sometimes he wears FINGERLESS GLOVES when he mows! ! ! !

this is justa joke. I actually have a metric in the garage now parked next to my roadglide... love them both equally...lol.

LMAO!

Old 12-07-2007, 09:46 AM
JosephGarcia
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

It's not so much the type of bike, as it is the type of rider.

Alot (not all) sportbikers are young guys just trying to go fast and do stunts and crap. arley riders tend to be more relaxed, so obviously friction develops. but it crosses lines and they start to descriminate against every sportbiker, and then the bikes themselves.

but i repeat

It's not so much the type of bike, as it is the type of rider.

Old 12-07-2007, 10:38 AM
Lakerat
Road Warrior
Received 86 Likes on 66 Posts

When one of them is passing you on a blind curve and meets oncoming traffic, will he "man up" and take the hit or will he take you out with him?

Old 12-07-2007, 10:42 AM
schumacher
Club Member
Received 15 Likes on 12 Posts

I would imagine over half the members in this forum have had a metric at one time or another.

Old 12-07-2007, 10:46 AM
will2002
Extreme HDF Member
Received 2,132 Likes on 1,030 Posts

I just wish that I was young enough, and could stand the PAINof the seating position to ride one. [:@]I kinda l like the bikes!

Old 12-07-2007, 10:55 AM
Draggin S
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Well,

It's not the bike......it's the Squid..........

Old 12-07-2007, 10:58 AM
BWLucky13
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I love riding almost anything. Most bikes excell at certain things and do poorly at others. Harley is a great "down the road" machine that is low in harshness, rides smoothly, and will eat up the miles. If you want soul, or sound, nothing beats the English. If you enjoy fine engineering, the Germans are marvelous. If you want flash, nothing looks like rolling Italian jewelry. And the Japanese put together efficient, cost effective marvels. My bike has to earn it's stripes every day. When somebody builds a better bike, I'll buy it.

Quick Reply: Ricer intolerance?