General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What do you love about these magnificent machines?

Search this Thread

Old 12-06-2007, 09:54 PM
zuma
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: What do you love about these magnificent machines?

you know when you hear one coming and you know when you see one, its in its own world!

Old 12-06-2007, 10:26 PM
ImYourHuckleberry
Road Master
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I love going through fast food drive throughs on mine to eff with people... When it's 29 degrees outside.

Old 12-06-2007, 10:43 PM
ackman1968
Elite HDF Member
Received 21 Likes on 20 Posts

It is the only brand where you can buy a brand new mechanical dinosaur. It shakes, it rattles and outwardly appears to be un-ruley and it's only a year and a half old. Go to a car dealer and try to find a car that makes you feel like you are in muscle car or a 50's or 60's land yacht the floats on the road instead of hugs it. My Dyna is refined just enough to be very reliable but not to the point it has lost it's roots. That's what I love about it.

Old 12-07-2007, 05:13 AM
domenicp7
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts

The freedom it gives me. I baby it like a child and it is mean as a junk yard dog when it needs to be.

Old 12-07-2007, 06:46 AM
dog155
Extreme HDF Member
Received 24 Likes on 24 Posts

One of the the most difficult questions to answer.There are so many things about a Harley that grab me.The biggest is looking at a bagger on the kickstand.The right sound,going up a hill loaded down in to high a gear.Used to love to see a bunch of boys kick starting their rides,and hearing them all come to life,with the dust flying,the smoke,the Yee Haa,the jockeys and their jack rabbit starts,some doing burnouts.Then there are the dragster Harleys.It just doesn't get better than that.The juices are flowing.

Old 12-07-2007, 08:11 AM
N4SIR
Advanced

I have been riding for over 35 years now and plan on riding as long as I possibly can. The last few years I have been blessed with the fact that my son rides with me. We have been to several rallies and charity rides over the years. He was born and raised in Daytone so that is our regular trek. Not the only one but the most important one. Nothing like sharing the open road with your son who loves it as much as you do. Oh yeah, the wife likes it too. He still makes fun of my bagger once in a while but deep down inside I know he really wants one himself. He is always wanting to borrow it for the day and I have no problem with him riding it.

Old 12-07-2007, 08:30 AM
BillyO
Road Captain

I love the simplicity, the ease of service, my dealer, Repair predictability,
the web sites, comfort, no/little tupper ware.
Sound, ????

Old 12-07-2007, 08:54 AM
jedsporty883
Tourer

I used to think that my Honda Shadow 750 was all the motorcycle I needed. Then my wife traded her Shadow in on a Sportster 1200 C. Her 1%er friend had been telling her how she'd never be satisfied until she owned a Harley. He was right. Her bike had this rumble and it shook. When my Shadow developed a coolant leak, we traded it for my 883C. I knew on the test ride that this was a real motorcycle. Solid steel, the shaking of that engine. An engine that may not be the most efficient type of engine today, but rather a piece of living history; still air-cooled, not that far advanced from the first v-twins. Is there anything more sweet sounding than firing up that bucolic motor and hearing that idle just loping along, or hearing a solitary Harley on a highway from miles away? We were at the dealership one Saturday night this past August to party a little, and this old Harley rode up and parked. It was a '47 Knucklehead with 350,000 miles on it. After the rider parked it, it leaked out a dinner plate sized puddle of oil. The guy has owned it for over 35 years. Everybody loved it. Seeing the old H-D's makes me proud to own a motorcycle that is built to be used, not just looked at. Unless you have a Harley, I think it is hard to explain what it is like to feel the pride and satisfaction to someone that rides a different brand. Yes, Harley- Davidson motorcycles are magnificent machines.