General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

HOG Life'rs

Search this Thread

Old 12-04-2007, 04:03 PM
Demkay
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default HOG Life'rs

Hey guys, I'm pretty sure this subject has been beaten to death here. But I still got a couple questions about this HOG thing. .... As my 1st free year is up.

Firstly, I get told over the phone that "you're not considered a real member unless you're a life member". Lol. Man, I nearly spat my drink out. I screamed "YEAH DUDE, HARD SELL MY A$$, LOVE IT, YOU DA MAN." Lol. They recording this? Hope so. etc etc etc.

Anyhow, had a real laugh with this guy. He was an excellent salesman. So at the end of the conversation I got his name and told him he was good, but not good enough to get me in a 15 minute pitch. Anyhow, If I take the life I'll make sure he gets his commission.

So, basically we came to the conclusion that the yearly renewals are for deadbeats, that can't make their payments etc etc. Then we decided that the guys who renew for 2 and 3 years are pussies 'cuz they can't afford the life and maybe think they'll commit suicide in a couple years anyway, ......but don't want to renew for a year; as then they'd be considered cheap scapes.

So, that leaves us with the only choice of Life. Man, this guy was a scream. Or of course I could tell him to stick his patch and not join up at all.

Are there many lifer's here, and if so, you happy with it?

I guess it's like paying 10 years in advance. And the fees are never going up etc.

Not really sure what to do. All I got was a patch, a pin and a card telling me that if my '07 breaks down they'll tow my sorry *** to the nearest dealer.

hmmmm, what to do, what to do.

Old 12-04-2007, 04:22 PM
Baldman
Road Captain
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: HOG Life'rs

I am not a member, but that is a funny @$$ story right there! I think you should go ahead a sign up for the life deal since you had so much fun with this guy.

Old 12-04-2007, 04:35 PM
electaRICK
Extreme HDF Member
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

you sure this wasnt a so called sheriff callin from some prison?

Old 12-04-2007, 05:58 PM
AK_Hog_Herder
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Only go life when you get the price break.

Old 12-04-2007, 06:37 PM
whaap
Extreme HDF Member
Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

If you're that happy with HOG national, go ahead.

Old 12-04-2007, 07:05 PM
badwhine
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 8 Likes on 3 Posts

ORIGINAL: Demkay

Hey guys, I'm pretty sure this subject has been beaten to death here. But I still got a couple questions about this HOG thing. .... As my 1st free year is up.

Firstly, I get told over the phone that "you're not considered a real member unless you're a life member". Lol. Man, I nearly spat my drink out. I screamed "YEAH DUDE, HARD SELL MY A$$, LOVE IT, YOU DA MAN." Lol. They recording this? Hope so. etc etc etc.

Anyhow, had a real laugh with this guy. He was an excellent salesman. So at the end of the conversation I got his name and told him he was good, but not good enough to get me in a 15 minute pitch. Anyhow, If I take the life I'll make sure he gets his commission.

So, basically we came to the conclusion that the yearly renewals are for deadbeats, that can't make their payments etc etc. Then we decided that the guys who renew for 2 and 3 years are pussies 'cuz they can't afford the life and maybe think they'll commit suicide in a couple years anyway, ......but don't want to renew for a year; as then they'd be considered cheap scapes.

So, that leaves us with the only choice of Life. Man, this guy was a scream. Or of course I could tell him to stick his patch and not join up at all.

I guess it's like paying 10 years in advance. And the fees are never going up etc.

Not really sure what to do. All I got was a patch, a pin and a card telling me that if my '07 breaks down they'll tow my sorry *** to the nearest dealer.

How long have you been riding?

Old 12-04-2007, 07:11 PM
kingk9
Banned
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

ORIGINAL: Demkay

I don't know sh*t about lifetime Hog membership, but that is very funny post dude.

Old 12-04-2007, 07:28 PM
DGlide04
Elite HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

According to the HOG website, there are 3 classes of members:

A full membership will entitle you to all the benefits and services of the Harley Owners Group®. This option is for Harley-Davidson® or Buell® motorcycle owners only. The membership period is one year, at which time it must be renewed. A full membership is $45 for one year, $85 for two years, or $120 for three years. You'll receive a free H.O.G. pin and patch just for joining, and a "renewal rocker" for your pin and patch every time you renew.

An associate H.O.G.® membership is designed primarily for passengers and family members of a full H.O.G. member. Associate members receive many – but not all – of the benefits that full members receive. Associate members must be sponsored by a full member, and are eligible to participate in all H.O.G. events and activities.

Ready to make a real commitment? A "Life Member" patch or pin shouts to the world that you're serious about your passion for Harley-Davidson® motorcycles – and your H.O.G.® membership. Full life and associate life members are eligible for all the benefits and services a full or associate member receives, but without having to renew every year. As an added benefit, a "Life Member" patch and pin set is included when you first sign up for a full life or associate life membership. (Associate life members must be sponsored by a full life member.)

No costs for the "life" membership is mentioned, just call, sure. If you have to ask...

Just for our own curiosity, anyone buy a "life membership" and if so, what did it cost?

Old 12-04-2007, 07:41 PM
Old_Evo
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm a life member and if memory serves me it was around $500 at the time. I believe it's gone up since I joined.
I joined cause I was working for HOG at the time and needed to be a member so I rolled it into the bid.
I like what you get for being part of the national HOG, I have never had anything to do with the local chapters.

Old 12-04-2007, 07:42 PM
will2002
Extreme HDF Member
Received 2,132 Likes on 1,030 Posts

I`m a HOG lifer. Been good for me. Like Herder said," Only go life when you get the price break". That is if that still happens? Back 15 years ago when ya had been a member for 5 years, you could get it for half price. $250.00 I think. Anyway if you do that you will know if you really want by then.

Quick Reply: HOG Life'rs