General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

HOG Life'rs

Search this Thread

Old 12-04-2007, 08:08 PM
LazyLion
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: HOG Life'rs

DGlide04 and will2002 have hit all of the high spots. Except that full life after 5 years is $400.

Old 12-04-2007, 11:29 PM
jblksmith1
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I should have bought my life membership years ago instead of renewing 20 yrs in a row.

Old 12-05-2007, 08:56 AM
Tony P
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 350 Likes on 217 Posts

Question: I'm a national HOG member. If I choose not to join the local chapter, am I missing out on something? Could I particpate in their activities?

Old 12-05-2007, 12:07 PM
Demkay
Road Master

ORIGINAL: badwhine

How long have you been riding?
About a year. Why?

Thanks for the replies. I think I'm going to go ahead and get the life. I kind of like receiving the Hog Tales Mag, got some good articles in there. Also I don't have to worry about the membership going up etc. And yup, I'm trying to convince myself It's worth 690 Euros, // about $900 U.S.

Yup, that's the price in Europe. [&o]

Old 12-05-2007, 12:08 PM
hdlowryder
Tourer

Lifer here for over 10 years. First year was free. I paid year 2 & 3 and it was no where near what it is now. When I was renewing for year 4, I was offered a life membership for $300. So I took it.
My cost was much less than what is being offered today. At todays cost I'm not so sure I would have done it. Especially if I had to pay yearly for the first 5 years which I have heard is the standard now, I don't know if that is fact.
I enjoy it's many but insignificent benifitsmostly becasue it has been paid for for so long.

Old 12-05-2007, 09:57 PM
Tnicean
Tourer

ORIGINAL: LazyLion

DGlide04 and will2002 have hit all of the high spots. Except that full life after 5 years is $400.
Yep, that is what I paid last year after being a member since 2002. I figured I wanted to keep the national membership but I don't belong to any local chapters at this time. The national rallys give me an excuse to ride. We went to Billings, MT in 2006 and rode from Richmond, VA through Colorado, Utah and Idaho getting there. last year we went to Knoxville, TN and rode in the Smokies. We don't do much at the rallys, listen to a little music, drink a few beers and browse the vendors. Mostly we just look for some good riding getting there and back. I would like to see Mustang Sally again. Anyway, I plan to retire soon and I won't have to worry about the annual fees and how much they might be in a few years.
Tnicean

Old 12-06-2007, 07:08 AM
Doug45601
Road Master

Back in 94 I bought a used Sportster and became a HOG member to be able to join the local chapter.. Second year I bought the cow (life membership) Glad now that I did since 13 or so years of annual dues, trying to keep up with the mailing of payments.. making sure of address changes etc are a PITA for me.

Some day, I know the membership annual due amount and the life membership amount will even out.

Heck I try to become a "life member" is just about any organization I join... It's cheaper in the long run if you live long enough

Some places won't do the life member stuff.... they want to be able to have the ability to throw you out or jack you around on the annual dues..

Old 12-06-2007, 09:36 AM
rufrider
Advanced

ORIGINAL: Demkay

Hey guys, I'm pretty sure this subject has been beaten to death here. But I still got a couple questions about this HOG thing. .... As my 1st free year is up.

Firstly, I get told over the phone that "you're not considered a real member unless you're a life member". Lol. Man, I nearly spat my drink out. I screamed "YEAH DUDE, HARD SELL MY A$$, LOVE IT, YOU DA MAN." Lol. They recording this? Hope so. etc etc etc.

So, basically we came to the conclusion that the yearly renewals are for deadbeats, that can't make their payments etc etc. Then we decided that the guys who renew for 2 and 3 years are pussies 'cuz they can't afford the life and maybe think they'll commit suicide in a couple years anyway, ......but don't want to renew for a year; as then they'd be considered cheap scapes.

Are there many lifer's here, and if so, you happy with it?

hmmmm, what to do, what to do.
Kinda reminds me of the song, “welcome to the hotel California”
The movie “Wild Hogs”
A hen house. LMAO
Dueling banjos

No thanks, went to a couple of different chapter meetings. Hog isn’t for me.

Old 12-06-2007, 10:16 AM
ScooterHD69
Cruiser

ORIGINAL: rufrider

ORIGINAL: Demkay

Hey guys, I'm pretty sure this subject has been beaten to death here. But I still got a couple questions about this HOG thing. .... As my 1st free year is up.

Firstly, I get told over the phone that "you're not considered a real member unless you're a life member". Lol. Man, I nearly spat my drink out. I screamed "YEAH DUDE, HARD SELL MY A$$, LOVE IT, YOU DA MAN." Lol. They recording this? Hope so. etc etc etc.

So, basically we came to the conclusion that the yearly renewals are for deadbeats, that can't make their payments etc etc. Then we decided that the guys who renew for 2 and 3 years are pussies 'cuz they can't afford the life and maybe think they'll commit suicide in a couple years anyway, ......but don't want to renew for a year; as then they'd be considered cheap scapes.

Are there many lifer's here, and if so, you happy with it?

hmmmm, what to do, what to do.
Kinda reminds me of the song, “welcome to the hotel California”
The movie “Wild Hogs”
A hen house. LMAO
Dueling banjos

No thanks, went to a couple of different chapter meetings. Hog isn’t for me.
Nor me.

Scooter

Old 12-06-2007, 10:33 AM
nilro
Road Captain

Just went on the site. Looks like the life membership is $650

Quick Reply: HOG Life'rs