General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Why?

Search this Thread

Old 12-02-2007, 10:06 PM
JeffreyLebowski
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Why?

ORIGINAL: ImYrHklbry

I've said it before and I'll say it again. If your desire to outrun cages is so strong that you must try it, and you aren't able to do so on a late model (almost any) Harley, you either suck *** at riding, or you weigh 600-700 lbs. I don't know what to tell you. You know HD engines are capable of turning more than 2500 rpm's... Maybe you should buy a tach, and take some riding lessons.

My '03 Deuce is mostly stock with a few slight mods, and I have never had any problem smoking any cage off the line and at least to 70 or so if I really wanted to. I really don't know or care how quick it is above those speeds. I don't find 100 on 2 wheels to be very fun on public roads. I didn't buy it for that though. I enjoy cruising on it a lot more. Figure I'll live longer that way. Go guy a Busa and stop ****ing whining.
Another hostile irrational statement here. He hit right on the head. I actually weigh 650 lbs (don't tell the navy- they'll admin sep my fat ***) and I can't figure out how to shift.

Old 12-02-2007, 10:06 PM
DenimStreet
Ultimate HDF Member

ORIGINAL: Tripper

ORIGINAL: Herr Monk

Why is my 1992, POS, barely running, GKP 1400 faster, pulls harder, revs higher, than my 2007 FXDL?

WTF, right now I am predictably angry with Harley. Shoulda bought a V-Rod from the get-go. I am livid. All you folks you get anrgy with me on the political forum let me have it! I am such a Fu@k$ing retard I bought a Dyna instead of a DX. Oh well... it's just money...

ARGGGGGGGG
You said it; I didn't.
[sm=icon_rofl.gif][sm=icon_rofl.gif][sm=icon_rofl.gif]

Old 12-02-2007, 10:17 PM
kingk9
Banned
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Another thread where people buy a Harley and then are shocked by what they bought, then blame Harley Davidson for not making the bike they really wanted. Am I the only one that thinks that's friggin wierd?

Old 12-02-2007, 10:24 PM
Terry TK
Big Kahuna HDF Member
Received 157 Likes on 53 Posts

Personally, I want to know what happened to the even trade you were talking about a couple of days ago. The dealer was gonna give you all your money back on your dyna towards a V-Rod. Remember, this is a Harley forum and you are basically making fun of people here for being "stupid" enough to by a Harley. If you feel you really screwed up then quietly sell your POS Harley and by another Metric bike......................just my opinion.

Old 12-02-2007, 10:29 PM
LAMing
Road Master

Well, I'm a new guy here. So I don't carry much weight on this forum. I'm so new at this that the2002 Deuce I bought three weeks ago ismy first geniune street bike and my first HD. I have lots of years/miles out in the mountains on trail bikes... but previous to three weeks ago no street milesaboard a Harley.

Now, I say that to say this:

Before purchasing my Deuce, I did my homework. I learned about what HD offered, also learned about the cruiser lineups offered by V-Star, Honda, Suzuki, and Kawasaki.(I didn't EVEN want a crotch-rocket type bike, had to be a cruiser.) Once I saw and listened to the various bikes, my choice became clear for me.

Basically, Ididn't care that some rice burners could possibly be faster than an HD.I didn't care that you could buy ricea LOT cheaper than an HD.

What sold me was the styling that HD's have that no other cruiser bikes can touch. It was also that sound that I've admired for years that all the rice burners have tried their best to emulate... but haven't. I also liked the idea of it being American, born and bred. A minor factorwas also the overwhelming after market accessories available for HD.

Now that I have one... I am now totally impressed with the "soul" that HD's possess. All the rice bikes I looked at seemed like "me too" bikes. (Which is what the rice factories do when they first start breaking into a market... offer crap until they can copylong enough tofigure some things out.They did this for years and years in the dirt bike sector, as well as their early years in thestreet scene. I was there to see it.)

Sure, while looking I saw some nice looking rice cruisers. Daughter's boy friend has a really nice looking blue w/ghost flames V-Star... but you know what? It ain't got the soul of an HD. Even her boyfriend readily acknowledges that... and wants an HD.

So, when I was ready to belly up to the table and part with the peso's, I knew what I was getting. I did my homeworked and come out of this with EXACTLY what I wanted.

Had I wanted a super hot go-fast, I would have shopped accordingly. Seems to me you didn't know what you wanted before you plunked your money down. Perhaps you DO need to buy the rice bike that YOU want... and let that HD go to someone that truly APPRECIATES what HD's are all about?

L.A. Ming
New In Oklahoma

Old 12-02-2007, 10:30 PM
Marsh
Outstanding HDF Member

ORIGINAL: kingk9

Another thread where people buy a Harley and then are shocked by what they bought, then blame Harley Davidson for not making the bike they really wanted. Am I the only one that thinks that's friggin wierd?
King, I suspect he's a youngster.
Marsh

Old 12-02-2007, 10:40 PM
krautrock
Cruiser

... right now I am predictably angry with Harley. Shoulda bought a V-Rod from the get-go. I am livid. ...
So ... did you end up racing with, errr ... losing to that NY Kid on his Kawasaki who made a pass at you at the coffee shop the other day? Fess up, already.

Old 12-02-2007, 10:43 PM
Bear64
Banned

Why is my 1992, POS, barely running, GKP 1400 faster, pulls harder, revs higher, than my 2007 FXDL?

WTF, right now I am predictably angry with Harley. Shoulda bought a V-Rod from the get-go. I am livid. All you folks you get anrgy with me on the political forum let me have it! I am such a Fu@k$ing retard I bought a Dyna instead of a DX. Oh well... it's just money...

ARGGGGGGGG
Good God, how much wining and crying are you going to do about your slow *** harley, go sell the SOB and buy a V-Rod or something else, talk about a cry baby??? Geesh, you got post all over about it..[sm=icon_stickpoke.gif][sm=violin.gif]

Old 12-02-2007, 10:44 PM
kingk9
Banned

ORIGINAL: Marsh

ORIGINAL: kingk9

King, I suspect he's a youngster.
Marsh
Yea Marsh, I suspect you're right. By the way, you're bike looks better every time I see it. It's really a beauty.

Old 12-02-2007, 10:44 PM
SpringerDude
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

While I do think it's a little silly to complain about the speed of a stock Harley, I do agree that the MOCO could easily upgrade the performance without much additional cost. There's no reason why a motor that big should produce such low HP and torque numbers. To put it another way, I bet ifFord started selling V8 trucks with 150 HP in a 5.0L engine, people would complain. But yeah, I understand what I got myself into and I'll pay the Harley (or local speed shop) tax when the time comes.

Quick Reply: Why?