Notices
General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Why?

Search this Thread

Old 12-02-2007, 08:55 PM
Ricks Ride
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Why?

You answered your own question. I don't think that it is predictable at allthat you would be angry with Harley. Why would you be angry with Harley? You are the one who, apparently, didn't do the research/comparison shopping prior to making a purchase.

How was that? Is that the kind of response that you were expecting?

Old 12-02-2007, 08:56 PM
ImYourHuckleberry
Road Master
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

ORIGINAL: 1st HD

ORIGINAL: G Rod

Put some nitro in it??
Or nitrous.
Nice edit.

Old 12-02-2007, 08:57 PM
Herr Monk
Elite HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i'll get some Notro after I go liquid!

Wow, I know I'm angry, but righr now I could (enter P.C. mod: not be happy with my *ucjing Harkey guy) somene. In a year or two I would love to buy a solftail in addition to my V-Rod. Right not I want my V-Rod. Sorry, but I hate (yeah, yeah it;s my fault I trusted the STEALER,) my 07 FXDL. It's going to that garege, dabe the milage, back to the suziki! Fast fun bike 'till I can aford a real one (again).

FXD, what a waste.

Old 12-02-2007, 08:59 PM
JeffreyLebowski
Road Captain

ORIGINAL: Marsh

All of us on this know you don't buy a Harley for speed. If you want speed, buy a jap and shut your yap.
Marsh
No, all of us don't know this or accept this logic. A big motorcycle should be reasonably fast. Harley's included. The Moco needs to wise up, especially now that their sales are dropping off. I'm not talking about sport bike level fast, just fast enough to blow away most of the cagers out there and give you thrill when you twist the throttle. Stock Harley's are way too underpowered. I love Harley's -the look, the sound, the heritage, etc, but HD really needs to at least make a half assed attempt at putting some motors and brakes on our bikes.

Old 12-02-2007, 09:07 PM
Marsh
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

ORIGINAL: JeffreyLebowski

ORIGINAL: Marsh

All of us on this know you don't buy a Harley for speed. If you want speed, buy a jap and shut your yap.
Marsh
No, all of us don't know this or accept this logic. A big motorcycle should be reasonably fast. Harley's included. The Moco needs to wise up, especially now that their sales are dropping off. I'm not talking about sport bike level fast, just fast enough to blow away most of the cagers out there and give you thrill when you twist the throttle. Stock Harley's are way too underpowered. I love Harley's -the look, the sound, the heritage, etc, but HD really needs to at least make a half assed attempt at putting some motors and brakes on our bikes.
You mean you bought your Harley for speed? Dude, you missed the point of Harleys. Buy a Jap bike. They are good solid performers and I think you would be happy. Maybe get that big honkin Honda GX-what ever with 1800 cc's. And the sorta look like a Harley. Blow away all the cages you want.
Marsh

Old 12-02-2007, 09:08 PM
Kolni
Banned
Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts

If you can't out run mosts cars on your bike than you just suck at riding.

that or you should have bought a Sportsters, I have only lost once to a cage and that was a serious high performance truck F150 lightning!

Old 12-02-2007, 09:10 PM
G Rod
Tourer

Nitro= nitro methane.

Old 12-02-2007, 09:13 PM
krautrock
Cruiser

go italian ...

Old 12-02-2007, 09:16 PM
Herr Monk
Elite HDF Member

Wow,

Okay, so my GPL is not a spory bike, it's a chopper looking V-2 that wastes my 07 GXDL.

The fact is it does not really matter. I gave in to the sales guy who seems knowledgeable and pro speed.

I fu@ked up. Yup. Shoulda done a V-Rod from the start. But my air cooled V-Twin from 92 (14 years ago) should not be handing my a$$ to me on a platter.

FYI, a Suzuki 83 is the closest you'll find still in production

Old 12-02-2007, 09:20 PM
gandy dancer
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Jeff- I agree--Been riding more years than I can add up and have had many bikes---got 2 of them now---always seem to come back to HD for the look and to me a FLHTC is as comfortable as any bike out there----BUTTTTTTTTTTT---for 20,000 why should we have to add anything to the bike to get more top end power----come on HD--put that there V-Rod motor in a Dresser and kick it up to 110ci with 100hp at the back tire

Quick Reply: Why?