General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Why?

Search this Thread

Old 12-03-2007, 01:56 PM
kingk9
Banned
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: Why?

Yes sir,it's all a big conspiracy by Harley to get a bunch of dumbsh*ts convinced that Harleys are great bikes and then tosell themcrappy bikes so they will spend money at aftermarket vendors to make them run right. Hey, makes perfect sense They screwed up with me and sold me a good bike that can go over a 100 mph and blows cars away from a stop light, which is good enough for me. I did spend some money (not at a dealer) to get it to run richer, but I knew that before I bought it. I must bea freakin genius! Or maybe I'm just not as dumb assome of the dumbsh*ts. I sure wouldn't admit in public that I spent 15 or 20 grand on a bike and didn't know what I was buyin, then bitch and whine about the evil Harley Corp. that pulled the wool over my eyes cause I was just too trusting to know any better. Give me a f*ckin break.

Old 12-03-2007, 02:22 PM
JBaker421
Big Kahuna HDF Member
Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts

ORIGINAL: ImYrHklbry

-snip- Dude, I was hanging hard turns at 65-70 today in North GA, up steep grades, and could easily have gone faster if I'd wanted to lay it down. -snip-
Snicker snicker. Are we talking about GA is in Georgia here? Please report back after you've tried that at 11,000 feet asl on a 10% grade.

I love my Harleys and wouldn't trade for anything. They do everything Ineed them to do.

However, my grown son has one of those 2000 cc Kawasakis (sp?) and it does make me wonder why Harley doesn't do something more. I'd buy.

Honda has an 1800. It can't be about EPA rules or something could it, or why could the ricers do it?

Just thinkin'....

Old 12-03-2007, 02:53 PM
Chopperz
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

mines stock

Old 12-03-2007, 03:08 PM
thecabinboy
Cruiser

Maybe you got fired up when Andrew Hines' set the NHRA Pro-Stock Motorcycle sub-seven-second run with a 6.991 (ET) quarter mile. Maybe you like the smell of blue smoke and testing your reflexes as the Christmas tree lights go green. Whatever it is that motivates you to the drag strip, we've got just the machine for you.

The VRXSE Screamin' Eagle® Destroyer™ is H-D's first out-of-the-box, drag racing motorcyc

Old 12-03-2007, 03:18 PM
Rides2007Harley
Road Warrior

ORIGINAL: kingk9

They screwed up with me and sold me a good bike that can go over a 100 mph and blows cars away from a stop light, which is good enough for me. I did spend some money (not at a dealer) to get it to run richer, but I knew that before I bought it. I must bea freakin genius! Or maybe I'm just not as dumb assome of the dumbsh*ts.
Give me a f*ckin break.
You have got that right!

Those guys at the MoCo are pure genius the way they can manipulate the common man's thought process.

Old 12-03-2007, 03:32 PM
61panhead
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Back in 1971, at 16 years of age I had a Honda CB750-Four. That sucker would scream. It laid white smoke from the tires at virtually every stop sign and barked the tires through the gears. For some reason, possibly the way I broke it in, possibly because I barely weighed over 100 lbs back then --my 750 seemed to be faster than most other 750's on the road. The only other thing supposedly faster in those days was that Kawasaki 500cc triple cyl. job that sounded like a Dremmel tool.

It's a wonder I lived through those days but it was fun while it lasted.

As much as I liked being king of the hill among local street racers, the siren song of that maiden Harley-Davidson was tugging at me. Itraded the Honda for a panhead dresser and built the custom chop seen in my avitar.

Potato-potato-potato just had more soul.
I listened to the rhythm of the motors running.
The Jap bike was plain and uninteresting while the Harley had a rich polyrhythmic texture. Sort of like the difference between a bad rock drummer and Elvin Jones.

With no front brake, I had to drastically alter my riding style.
The ridesbecame more enjoyable. Itwas more about the free spirit of the open road. A putt was for the sake of the putt. I didn't care if I could beat a riding lawn mower off the starting line.

The point is: I was only 16 or 17 years old and I knew the difference.

Old 12-03-2007, 05:29 PM
electaRICK
Extreme HDF Member
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

so...... what is the fukcin point here?????

mine is sotred for now,,, and will be out in the spring, putt-in along,,,,hopein ALL cars blow by me!!!

things that make ya go................. WTF!!??

Old 12-03-2007, 05:56 PM
06train
Road Warrior

ORIGINAL: Kolni

ORIGINAL: Herr Monk
All you folks you get anrgy with me on the political forum let me have it!
Because just like politics, you failed to do your research which resulted in inaccurate info that once again leaves you angry and unhappy due to your own ignorance.

hey, you asked.
aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa.Yep,,, exactly!

Old 12-03-2007, 06:00 PM
grumpy irish again
Road Warrior

this is the same guy that wants to do wheelies all the time on his harley...
also covers his face so not to be recognised... my harley could use a few more ponies but what would I do with them the last trip I took I got a ticket for 91 mph. \more hp could have made that worse I'm happy with the way my softail runs 04 softail 510 SS cams hypercharger two into one exhaust carbed. oh ya and acane strapped on the side..

[IMG]local://upfiles/5757/5DAD514B5EF2499BB52C9E16436BCB94.jpg[/IMG]

Old 12-03-2007, 06:10 PM
easyglider
Road Warrior
Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: JeffreyLebowski

ORIGINAL: DenimStreet

ORIGINAL: Kolni

If you can't out run mosts cars on your bike than you just suck at riding.

that or you should have bought a Sportsters, I have only lost once to a cage and that was a serious high performance truck F150 lightning!
I agree with the doll-guy on this one!

I have a 2006 street bob with engine mods and it is a beast..... But I also have a 2005 fat boy with a mostly stock engine... I can blow away most any cage off the start. Are you sure you remembered to start the bike before you rode it???
Oh, that's the problem. I guess it would run better if I started it. Whatever dude. I was pretty disappointed with my stage 1 mods when I headed up some mountain passes at 11K ft and the bike would barely do over 65 mph. I am satisfied with the way it runs now.

People get irrational and hostile whenever anyone critiques the sacred cow that is the Moco. Why? Competition is a good thing, and if consumers gripe, they'll come up with a better product.

I don't agree with you .Just griping won't help .The only thing that the moco will listen to are falling sales.They don't care once they have you,and by having you I mean you've bought a Harley......................Oh buy the way did I tell you guys that I am perfectly happy with the performance of my stock 80" Ultra?Guess I bought the bike and not what I thought was a high performance race machine.

Quick Reply: Why?