General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Women riders

Search this Thread

Old 11-30-2007 | 02:07 PM
oneshotdog
Tourer
Default RE: Women riders

I have to totally agree with the majority. My wife has been ridding for a long time, the only comments that she gets from male riders is "thats an awfully big bike for a little girl" and her response has always been "where's your ride? thats an awfully small bike for a big boy" She does get treated with respect from other riders. I say your hanging around the wrong group. Enjoy the ride.

[IMG]local://upfiles/46843/D2E42B6463BE4287BCD325B00926397A.jpg[/IMG]

Old 11-30-2007 | 02:17 PM
gargoyle
Banned

Hell with em my momma has rode even before i was born so i know she ain't a dike but i still watch out for her every time we ride together i don't need to but i do so next time they give you **** flip em the bird spit in there face and do a 20 foot burn out

Old 11-30-2007 | 03:26 PM
richp5
Cruiser

Ever since my wife started riding her own bike (a few years ago) she has refused to ride on the back of mine which makes us both happy.

Old 11-30-2007 | 04:22 PM
x2lee
Banned

I bet you eat a lot of sammichs too! She might even spit in some of them... you know like whoppie goldburg in "the color purple"

Back on topic, my opinion about girls ridingr is that they are very cool. It dont make them any more HOT to me tho. Hot has nothing to do with a bike IMO. You ride on and just let the small **** roll off your back, and remember, its ALL small ****. Whats importantis that you are making yourself happy by doing it, not someone else.

But if you do wanna make someone happy fix kolni a sandwich and a beer , dont forget the special sauce! [sm=icon_guiness.gif]
ORIGINAL: Kolni

ORIGINAL: HarleyGirl76
I don't mind honesty, but please don't light the flamethrower on this one, I really want to know what you guys think.[sm=feedback.gif]

Lisa
Since you ask: Women belong in the kitchen making sammiches while the man goes out riding.

And you don't need shoes.

Old 11-30-2007 | 04:40 PM
metalgirl247
Cruiser

HarleyGirl,

I have my own bike for a little over 2 yrs.
I don't usually hear anything negative unless it's some idiot giving me the kind of attention I don't want(trying to pick me up,ect).

Lots of guys have told me that chicks on bikes are hot....Like I give a rat's ***...lol...

I do get picked on by guys because I ride a Sporty (2006 1200C)............The "girl" bike thing...

Once in a while I ride on the back of my OM's bike just fer kicks.

MG

[IMG]local://upfiles/5328/60E4B9505E4D4B62A6593E045648919C.jpg[/IMG]

Old 11-30-2007 | 04:49 PM
HeatherC
Extreme HDF Member

ORIGINAL: oneshotdog

I have to totally agree with the majority. My wife has been ridding for a long time, the only comments that she gets from male riders is "thats an awfully big bike for a little girl" and her response has always been "where's your ride? thats an awfully small bike for a big boy" She does get treated with respect from other riders. I say your hanging around the wrong group. Enjoy the ride.

[IMG]local://upfiles/46843/D2E42B6463BE4287BCD325B00926397A.jpg[/IMG]
I get that one alot too. Or "Is that your bike?" with that look of amazement on their face. But when they find out the miles I log I make most of them look beginners

Old 11-30-2007 | 04:51 PM
Jonny Cannon
Road Warrior

I would suggest that, if you are male, and have negative comments about women riding, you don't do it from the seat of a SPORTSTER.

FLAME AWAY BABY BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA AINT I A DEVIL

Cannon

Old 11-30-2007 | 05:28 PM
commander112
Road Master

My wife has only had positive comments from guys and women about the fact that she rides. I think most guys wish they had a woman to ride with from time to time. Afterall bikes look better as solos! One of my favorite sights is when we are riding along and either pull up at a light or see along the side of the road a few young girls. They often give my wife a thumbs up, wave or a big smile. These young girls could someday grow up to be riders or at the very least passengers.

Mark

Old 11-30-2007 | 05:47 PM
Baldman
Road Captain

That is some funny @$$ $#!T right there!!!

ORIGINAL: Jonny Cannon

I would suggest that, if you are male, and have negative comments about women riding, you don't do it from the seat of a SPORTSTER.

FLAME AWAY BABY BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA AINT I A DEVIL

Cannon

Old 11-30-2007 | 09:06 PM
badwhine
Outstanding HDF Member

ORIGINAL: HarleyGirl76

I started riding my own bike in August because my boyfriend is so into it. He said it would be a lot more fun if we could both ride together - in a lot of ways it is. As we've started hanging out at more biker bars, I get two responses. One is that women belong on the back of the bike (let's call that 90% of the guys). The others think it's pretty cool that a woman rides. I've also been told that only gay women ride (for the record, not true here....). So what gives, is this a boys club? I don't mind honesty, but please don't light the flamethrower on this one, I really want to know what you guys think.[sm=feedback.gif]

Lisa
Hangin in a bar? Great place too solicit input. Bars=bottom feeders.

Quick Reply: Women riders