General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Women riders

Search this Thread

Old 11-29-2007 | 09:53 PM
jeffbcn
Road Master
Default RE: Women riders

Women riding their own bikes adds about 2 to the scale. An 8 becomes a 10!

Old 11-29-2007 | 09:56 PM
HeatherC
Extreme HDF Member

I've never had anyone say anything negative to me about riding. I've never had anyone acuse me of being gay either. I will however be the first to say that I do not believe all woman should ride. Some woman simply do not belong on a bike (of course that holds true for men also ). If you are a skilled rider, and you actually ride for the love of riding and not because you think people will think you look cool or sexy then......screw what anyone else thinks. If your riding because you think people will think your sexy then you really should stick to the back of a bike. Just my opinion of course!

Old 11-29-2007 | 10:00 PM
GeorgiaGirl
Madame Moderator

ORIGINAL: Kolni

ORIGINAL: HarleyGirl76
I don't mind honesty, but please don't light the flamethrower on this one, I really want to know what you guys think.[sm=feedback.gif]

Lisa
Since you ask: Women belong in the kitchen making sammiches while the man goes out riding.

And you don't need shoes.
And this from a man who plays with dolls! Settle down Beavis! errr..... I mean Bob [8D](j/k) Ignore him. He's an instigator.

I'm 5'2" and ride my own and I can assure you that NO ONE has ever accused me of being a lesbian. The "one percenters" like for "their" "wimmens" to know their place, i.e. on the back of the bike behind them. But as you can see from the majority of the responses here, most of the guys woud be or are delighted to have their lady riding with them as a partner and not just as an ornament or prop on the back of the bike. I mean no disrespect to those ladies who would ratherbe a passenger than ride their own either. It's a personal choice. I've ridden as a passenger and while cozy, frankly I find it a little boring. Kudos to you for riding your own and having the courage to do so. To everyone else, either ignore them or just say, "Bite Me!"

Old 11-29-2007 | 11:19 PM
HogBack
Road Master

I am on the record, thata woman riding her ownbike is real class.I have NO problems with a woman being my road captain on a chapter ride, or just the two of us,and for example, Kristie Pelchat of Tucson HOG Chapterknows more about the history of Harleys than I will ever learn in a lifetime....

Later

Hogback

Old 11-30-2007 | 01:02 AM
Bowtieman31
Road Master

My gal rides her own, and loves it. I'm proud of her and I think it's great that she wanted to have her own bike. We've traveled all over the country and plan on doing a lot more. She wouldn't have it any other way. I think that any woman that wants to ride her own bike, should do so.

Old 11-30-2007 | 03:08 AM
whaap
Extreme HDF Member

Nothing prettier than a woman on her own bike.

Old 11-30-2007 | 05:09 AM
rh8234
Elite HDF Member

My girlfriend had never been on a bike in her life until I gave her a ride. At age 49, she decided to get her own. She rides her own sometimes and on the back of mine other times. Since she started riding, 3 other women we work with have all gotten their motorcycle license and purchased Harleys. Last year I got my daughter a Buell Blast and she's learning to ride now. Nothing is more exciting to me than seeing a woman trying something new and exciting.

This is my daughter taking her test for her license.

None of the ladies I know that ride are gay and I love riding with all of them.

Old 11-30-2007 | 05:15 AM
Mnhorsemom
Cruiser

I ride my own bike too. I have never been a passenger on Hub's scoot so I don't know any other way. I don't do it to look cool or sexy (he!!, I'm 5'3", heavy and have grey hair I probaby look more like a grandma than a biker ) I do it cause I really like it. I have only had my endorsement for a little over a year and had never ridden prior to that. I am the very proud owner of an 05 black Deluxe, and any man that tells me I shouldn't be riding it may regret making that comment. Ride on girl!!

Old 11-30-2007 | 08:15 AM
jedsporty883
Tourer

I think it's great to see women riding their own. My wife rides her own. She will tell you it is probably the greatest accomplishment of her life. I know that she experiences the thrill of riding just like I do. From what I've seen while riding, plenty of guys break their necks to see women riders. There's plenty of room for more women to ride.

Old 11-30-2007 | 08:17 AM
June Bug
Stellar HDF Member

ORIGINAL: GAGirl

I'm 5'2" and ride my own and I can assure you that NO ONE has ever accused me of being a lesbian. The "one percenters" like for "their" "wimmens" to know their place, i.e. on the back of the bike behind them. But as you can see from the majority of the responses here, most of the guys woud be or are delighted to have their lady riding with them as a partner and not just as an ornament or prop on the back of the bike. I mean no disrespect to those ladies who would ratherbe a passenger than ride their own either. It's a personal choice. I've ridden as a passenger and while cozy, frankly I find it a little boring. Kudos to you for riding your own and having the courage to do so. To everyone else, either ignore them or just say, "Bite Me!"
Couldn't have said it better!

Quick Reply: Women riders