General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Women riders

Search this Thread

Old 11-29-2007 | 08:24 PM
Kolni
Banned
Default RE: Women riders

ORIGINAL: HarleyGirl76
I don't mind honesty, but please don't light the flamethrower on this one, I really want to know what you guys think.[sm=feedback.gif]

Lisa
Since you ask: Women belong in the kitchen making sammiches while the man goes out riding.

And you don't need shoes.

Old 11-29-2007 | 08:25 PM
JBA111
Road Captain

I guess a chick could ride anytime she wanted just as soon as she gets done washing and waxing her ol mans scoot!!!

Old 11-29-2007 | 08:25 PM
cowboy Harry
Road Warrior

hey , its OK with me.[8D]

Old 11-29-2007 | 08:31 PM
cowboy Harry
Road Warrior

Lots of times I wish my o lady could ride. Cause sometimes it sure is good to ride solo with out a back seat driver. [8D]

Old 11-29-2007 | 08:38 PM
ironbyron
Tourer

No problem with the ladies of the hogs, I get a little concerned with the larger bikes like the BOSS HOSS though, alot of power and a ton of weight.

Old 11-29-2007 | 08:47 PM
marcss
Road Captain

If you were my girlfriend I would prefer you to ride on the backof mine for two reasons: 1- you're HOT! And having you right next to me would be very cool! and 2- I have a lot of confidence it my riding ability(from many years of city riding).... BUT If you insisted and really wanted to ride your own I would be supportive of that. I would be worried, but supportive. My younger sister rides; but she has taken courses and I have tried to show her exercises to practice and things she should be able to do with that big bike in order to avoid the inevitalble accident or close call(s) and she just doesn't have the ability or confidence, so she doesn't ride much.... which I and her riding boyfriend are glad about. She actually prefers to ride on the back and take in the scenery, less stressful for her. Practice, practice, practice, and ride safe!

Old 11-29-2007 | 08:48 PM
trip20
Elite HDF Member

My advice: Don't go to bars where douche bags hang out.

My wife got her "M" license endorsement this summer, and we'll be getting her a bike by spring. It'll be a good summer.

Old 11-29-2007 | 09:09 PM
ironhorselady
Road Master

Just a few weeks ago, I had the first guy tell me "I would hate for my woman to ride her own bike". He was a friend of mine's new boyfriend (rides a Harley) that I was just being introduced to. I was actually speechless-a new phenomena for me!!

Old 11-29-2007 | 09:20 PM
outdoorgirl57
Road Master

Too bad they are treating you that way. All the men that I know have been nothing but supportive and encouraging. But as longer as you and yourBF are having a great time...who cares what they think.

Old 11-29-2007 | 09:42 PM
TwiggyAZ
Banned

ORIGINAL: DeJavu

Twiggy, if I'm not mistaken, from the looks of you on your bike in the sig, you are around 6' tall and that alone should keep the wise guys mouths shut. You don't look like the type of person male or female. that I would want to have pissed at me. Ride on girl!
[sm=thanx.gif]

I'm not that tall! But I had a wonderful father and motherthat taught all of their girls "confidence"!! Which is necessary when your in a "tough" crowd!!

Quick Reply: Women riders