General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Women riders

Search this Thread

Old 11-29-2007 | 05:27 PM
Mr E
Tourer
Default RE: Women riders

My wife has her own ride, have never heard any negative coments.
She is a very capable rider. Best part is I always have someone to ride with.
Bottom line.....it works for me.

Old 11-29-2007 | 05:46 PM
StargazerXT12
Road Warrior

I ride my own. I get a lot of second looks, I get a lot of smiles and thumbs up.

I've never had any one say to me that I shouldn't ride. Most of the guys I know think its great, and several of the women I've met since joining the local HOG group tell me that I've actually inspired them to ride their own bikes.

I think if a lady wants to ride, more power to her!

Old 11-29-2007 | 05:59 PM
Otis
2nd Gear

Something pretty sexy about a woman who rides there own. So find another bar. If you want to ride your own then you should do it.

Old 11-29-2007 | 06:03 PM
flyklr
6th Gear

There is only one thing a woman can't do. Be a sperm donor.

Old 11-29-2007 | 06:18 PM
johnboy1958
Cruiser

My wife doesn't have her own bike right now but has had several in the past 35 years. She takes off on my (our) EG now and then. And she does look good on it. Nothing sexier than a woman in black leather chaps and jacket, all with fringe.

Old 11-29-2007 | 06:18 PM
RDKingRider
Extreme HDF Member

My wife rides and neither one of us has ever heard that comment, except for here on the forum. I like it that my wife rides, plus I enjoy the looks at other people's reaction to a female rider.

Old 11-29-2007 | 06:21 PM
user 37474839
Banned

I got nothing but respect for women that ride their own..quite a few female members here do. Most are already easy on the eyes..but put em on a bike and wow [sm=drooldude.gif]

Old 11-29-2007 | 06:38 PM
2FatBoys
Novice

I took lessons the beginning of November and my husband and I bought me a 2002 Fatboy a week or so later and LOVE the experience. We have a boat that I have taken lessons to be able to manuever, but have never felt comfortable taking it out and backing it in the slip by myself. My daughter (15 1/2) took motorcycle lessons with me in November and one day this week I came home from work and the sun was shining and we started up our bikes and went for our own little practice ride in the country. There is no feeling of accomplishment like learning to ride a bike and being able to experience the confidence and independence that riding provides. Too many women let others tell them what they can/should do and be able to do. I actually have a nicer bike than my husband right now, but he loves it because now he wants to upgrade his bike. I never understood spending that much money on a bike or on upgrades until I rode and now it is one of the greatest experiences of independence that I have had. We are in MO so not much weather to ride until spring, but we look forward as a family to the three of us doing lots of riding....especially riding the bikes to the boat!

Old 11-29-2007 | 06:41 PM
Telly03
Cruiser

I don't mind if women ride... I just mind if they ride better than me [sm=smiley14.gif]

Actually, my wife just got her permit last week. I'm really looking forward to our future road trips now.

Old 11-29-2007 | 06:41 PM
cewood
Intermediate

Hey Lisa,

Have to agree with the majority here. Be proud of yourself. And like most here, woman bikersare hot...sorry but that just the way it is. The women riders I have met are all great women, don't think any were gay..ok, maybe a couple in Sturgis.

Have met many who love the back of the bike behind their man also. Even ones that ride their own, sometimes liketo fall back to that comfort spot. So if the mood strikes you... at least you have the option.

Like most things in life, it's up to you to determine what is right or wrong. Not anyoneelse,especially the kind of men in the bars you went to.

Quick Reply: Women riders