General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Women riders

Search this Thread

Old 05-04-2008 | 10:32 PM
Kevinc
Tourer
Default RE: Women riders

Put me in the "think it's cool" catagory. Keep it up it is very cool. It's just that some guys have not figured that out yet.

Old 05-04-2008 | 10:40 PM
swilsondds
Cruiser

Fine. Ride. Just don't crash into me while you're texting... j/k

Have fun out there!!!!

Old 05-04-2008 | 10:56 PM
Yellotang
Ultimate HDF Member

Another thing I like about my wife riding her own is, if I decide to gun it, I don't get smacked in the back of the head.
[align=left] [/align]

Old 05-04-2008 | 11:11 PM
fly_by_day
Cruiser

She's got her own and loves it. Nothing but positive comments. My friends dig it as well as hers. I also have a riding buddy all the time. We do many rides, some short some long, either way we have alot of fun. I suggest find some new friends or bars to hang out with.Maybe ones that are not so jealous aboutyou having your own and them having to haulthier S.O. around. Or they just haven't been laid in so long they assume that anyone that associates with them must be gay. Either way all you women keep riding,I've been with my wife 20 years and I still think she's the hottest when she's riding her own. [8D]

Old 05-05-2008 | 09:42 AM
1200babe
Tourer

I feel fortunate that my hubby has always encouraged me to do whatever I want. So I learned to ride back in 1970 and have never been off a bike ever since then. Have had a number of different bikes over the years and never run into a negative comment anywhere on the road. Ilove riding with hubby but I also truly love my solo 2 week trips every summer.

Old 05-05-2008 | 09:53 AM
Snakum
Cruiser

Stop yapping and get back in the kitchen! [:@]

(Actually ... I don't care if a chick rides. Just don't ride in a pack when you know you're gonna go 40 mph on the highway and freak out if anyone pulls beside you. If you can handle the bike and ride it like ya stole it ... I'll ride with you anytime. Hell ... I might even pack bitch behind ya if I'm drunk enough. )

Old 05-05-2008 | 06:00 PM
HDMomma
Cruiser

Been riding my own for 30+ years. If anyone disapproved they were too afraid to say anything, I guess. I get positive comments and a thumbs up every now and then! Find a new bar!!! Sounds to me like the guys who are trying to discourage you are threatend by a woman on a bike for some reason! Ride on. They'll get over it!!

Old 05-05-2008 | 06:30 PM
cray49a
Road Master

Does this bike make my butt look big? I can see it comin'

Old 05-05-2008 | 07:11 PM
LdyMjo
Tourer

Interesting posts. Most mirror my own experience--positive thumbs-up comments about learning to ride, buying a bike, and really getting the joy of riding--talks to my soul. In all honesty however, I've got to point out that the fewnegative comments and/or judgement I've noticed, have come from women--some that don't ride, some that do. I understand the women that don't ride--it's simply not something they know for themselves and they fear it. After seeing a bad accident years ago, I felt that way for a long time too. What I don't understand is the b.s. that comes from a few women that do ride--sometimes the most judgemental about who is and isn't a biker, 99%ers versus 1%ers, and so forth.Technical advice, and the wisdom of experience, I'll always welcome. But holier-than-though judgement becauseyouhave more miles? Don't think so. So far--in my wee 1400 miles--I've not noticed ANY class of bikers that I have an issue with--just the extreme opposite.I'venoticed that folks that ride are a very diverse bunch and generally seem to be prettygood people. Like with any group, a few azz^%&#$ here and there, but its an individual thing. I've also noticed thatsome of the most experiencedriders with theold-biker attitude are some of the deepest and most genuine of the bunch--live and let live--ride with me, or by my side. They don't judge, because they don't give a ph^%k what you do, as long as you mind your own business. And that philosophy suits me just fine.

A funny reminder for all'real' bikers out there, you may want to listen to David Allan Coe's, A Harley Someday--paying particular attention to the last line of the song...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KYXRS...eature=related

Old 05-05-2008 | 07:44 PM
edtexas
Cruiser

Hey, Celtlion....

Were you doing a "This is your brain on drugs"commercial when you took your sig pic?

Quick Reply: Women riders