General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Women riders

Search this Thread

Old 11-30-2007 | 09:30 PM
stevieg
Road Warrior
Default RE: Women riders

I own a Harley and I still find myself staring if someone rides by or pulls up on a Harley. I'm especially intrigued by a woman on a Harley. Don't know why. Don't feel the urge to try to pick up on em, necessarily. Just the way it is.

Old 12-01-2007 | 12:13 AM
renoa18
Tourer

Hell if you want to buy a bike and ride it then go for it. **** on what anyone else says to you. Ridding is all about you and the freedom of the road. Motor up and ride and tell everyone else to kiss your ***. Stay safe and keep both wheels on the ground.

Old 12-01-2007 | 12:50 AM
greg09997
Road Warrior

Women that ride are hot hot hot.

I say that because my wife has ridden on and off since she was 17. She's now 40.

Most of my friends wish their wives rode too.

Have never heard a negative comment.

Old 12-01-2007 | 02:13 AM
Kolni
Banned

[sm=goodidea.gif]

ORIGINAL: x2lee

I bet you eat a lot of sammichs too! She might even spit in some of them... you know like whoppie goldburg in "the color purple"

Back on topic, my opinion about girls ridingr is that they are very cool. It dont make them any more HOT to me tho. Hot has nothing to do with a bike IMO. You ride on and just let the small **** roll off your back, and remember, its ALL small ****. Whats importantis that you are making yourself happy by doing it, not someone else.

But if you do wanna make someone happy fix kolni a sandwich and a beer , dont forget the special sauce! [sm=icon_guiness.gif]
ORIGINAL: Kolni

ORIGINAL: HarleyGirl76
I don't mind honesty, but please don't light the flamethrower on this one, I really want to know what you guys think.[sm=feedback.gif]

Lisa
Since you ask: Women belong in the kitchen making sammiches while the man goes out riding.

And you don't need shoes.

Old 12-01-2007 | 03:17 AM
swestbrook60
Outstanding HDF Member

My wife has ridden on her own since she was 15, knew how to ride a bike before she knew how to drive a car. She is the one that taught me how to ride. In 1978, I rode on the back of her Yamaha 750 Special downtown to get our marriage license for my first experience on a bike in either seat.

The people we meet are usually amazed and excited that she rides her own, and that she can handle any bike there is. For several years (the kid raising years) we did not have any bikes, but got back into it several years ago. I bought an Ultra Classic with the idea she could ride behind me, and take the bike out on her own whenever the urge overcame her. It took about 4 trips before I hear "I'm bored back here, I want my own.". A few months later while stopping by the dealer for a $30 part for my bike, there is was...the bike she had been looking for. Now there is an '07 Softail Deluxe that is a permanent image in my rear view mirrors.

Who cares what others think, if she wants to ride her own bike then that is all that matters to me. After 29 years of marriage, I'm pretty sure she isn't gay!

Old 12-01-2007 | 03:34 AM
sleepman54
Outstanding HDF Member

I think its a lucky man who has a wife or girlfriend that rides. I know I feel pretty lucky that my wife rides and so do a lot of the guys that I ride with. I think it makes ita little more enjoyable at times, she still has the days where she doesn't want to ride hew own so she'll hop on the back of mine and we'll have a good time that way. I say congrats to the fact that you like to ride.

Old 12-02-2007 | 02:03 PM
WindJammer
Tourer

ORIGINAL: HarleyGirl76

........isthis a boys club?
Let's see ............... isn't that what they said about voting, running for office, running for President, serving in the military, playing contact sports, peeing standing up (you get the idea!). Rejoice in being a pioneer. Let there be no doubt thatit is a chauvanistic world, eh? Ride safe!

Old 12-02-2007 | 02:55 PM
mountainkowgirl
6th Gear

I've rode dirt bikes since I was a little girl. We (mountainkowboy & I)talked about me getting my own bike, but its doesnt make sence right now. I love being on the back of the RK and I will get my own bike in a couple of years, when we retire and "cruise" the US. You need to find a better class of bars!

Old 05-04-2008 | 09:50 PM
prometheus6723
Cruiser

I tried getting my wife to keep my old bike and learn to ride I even said I would help out with the MSF class is she took it. She would rather be on the back. Maybe one day she will change her mind and ride her own like you. I have no problem with women riders

Old 05-04-2008 | 10:04 PM
scoteh
Club Member

I wish I could get my wife to ride on her own, not that I don't like her behind me. I'm all for women riding bikes. Besides, they look a lot better than a bunch of fat guys like me.

Quick Reply: Women riders