General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Decent Goggles ???

Search this Thread

Old 12-27-2005, 04:24 PM
Unibomber
Road Captain
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Decent Goggles ???

Looking for some decent goggles, I have a so called "good" pair that arent very good. I get the eye watering wind at about 60 mph and just gets worse after that. All I can seem to find are the cheap'ees, I would rather spend a few $$$ to be comfortable for long rides with a heavy wind load.

Whos got a good pair (goggles that is..) and where did you get'em and any links would be greaaaat..........Planning all my spring summer trips now, and dont want to deal with the last minute crap before the ride............Half helmet stuff....

Old 12-27-2005, 04:48 PM
lennyeagle
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Decent Goggles ???

these are very nice and come with different lens. see page from fatbook below.

Manufacturer BUG-EYE 2 INTERCHANGEABLE GOGGLES

* Includes three shades of shatter-resistant, anti-fog coated lenses: smoke, for most standard riding conditions; amber, for overcast conditions; clear, for nighttime riding
* Strong, durable black Grilamid® frame with classic elastic band that is adjustable for comfort and can be worn over hats during inclement weather
* Black nylon belt pouch stores goggles and lenses

P/N DESC Suggested Retail
BA2C31AC Bug-eye goggles $ 27.95

Old 12-27-2005, 05:20 PM
ThudMeister
Outstanding HDF Member

Lenny, looks like the set I have. I got them from the Harley dealer. Mine also have the pieces to turn them into regular sun glasses. I really like them.

Old 12-27-2005, 05:48 PM
lennyeagle
Cruiser

drag has many versions of these they all are nicebut everyones face is different it is something u must try on and see what fits best see the drag fatbook online they must have 100 different goggles there. still u have too fit these. everyone likes a different model..

Old 12-27-2005, 05:56 PM
Clammy
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 1,803 Likes on 793 Posts

I use Wiley-X SG-1 glasses/goggles. They're awesome. No eye watering at any speed, and they're comfortable.

Cheers!
[sm=icon_rock.gif][sm=icon_rock.gif][sm=icon_rock.gif]

Old 12-27-2005, 06:16 PM
Unibomber
Road Captain
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Thanks for the quick replys, found a ton of 'em online, just dont know what youll end up with. Every time I see your posts Clammy I think of your pic at the HD dealer getting your keys, its priceless!!!!

Old 12-27-2005, 06:52 PM
Tinker Bell
Banned
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Panoptx speed series in my opinion are the best out there. I have three pair and I love them, I have the Wiley-X also and they are good but don't come close to the Panoptx. You can get some awesome deals on e-bay. They are pricey otherwise.

www.panoptx.com

TM

Old 12-27-2005, 06:54 PM
Clammy
Seasoned HDF Member

ORIGINAL: TM

Panoptx speed series in my opinion are the best out there. I have three pair and I love them, I have the Wiley-X also and they are good but don't come close to the Panoptx. You can get some awesome deals on e-bay. They are pricey otherwise.

www.panoptx.com

TM
For me it was the opposite. I started with Panoptx, and they sucked, so I switched to the Wileys.

Cheers!

Old 12-27-2005, 06:55 PM
Clammy
Seasoned HDF Member

ORIGINAL: Unibomber

Thanks for the quick replys, found a ton of 'em online, just dont know what youll end up with. Every time I see your posts Clammy I think of your pic at the HD dealer getting your keys, its priceless!!!!
Hehehe... that was one of the happiest days of my life!!!

Cheers!

Old 12-27-2005, 09:37 PM
bfrmbama
Tourer
Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

ORIGINAL: Clammy

For me it was the opposite. I started with Panoptx, and they sucked, so I switched to the Wileys.
I'm a contact wearer, and I live and die by Panoptx. I'm a big fan of their glasses but I hate the price. Therefore, I started buying there closeouts. The same product at a reduced price. Here is the link Panoptx Closeouts

I've never had a problem with their product and when I did, they were quick to fix. I really like the Gust Lite pair and if you go to your local Harley shop, they may have them there for 180 bucks.

You gotta make sure you are buying a motorcycle pair of glasses and not a skiing pair.

For me, I'm a Panoptx wearer all the way.

Quick Reply: Decent Goggles ???