General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Decent Goggles ???

Search this Thread

Old 01-02-2006, 05:41 AM
DanDeuce
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Decent Goggles ???

What ever you do try them on locally first , before buying online ! I bought a pair of Wiley-X XL3 LA's , did not light adjust very much at all - I could live with that . Problem was with or without the foam gasket these things make my eyes water more than any glasses I've ever worn . These are not even close to being form fitting , lots of wind coming in at the nose bridge area . Figured at that price and Wiley's ad hype about them they could not be beat . I gave them to a buddy of mine who rides an Ultra Classic , they work for him - but his windshield is cutting the wind . I'm still using a cheap ( on sale $40 ) pair oy Bolle's ( pre Wileys ) and they work great although I have to put something else on at night as these are not light adjusting .

Dan

Old 01-02-2006, 05:15 PM
dozer22
Cruiser
Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

After trying just about everything from Wileys, Panoptx, HD, Oakley, etc........I decided to try the goggles advertised by www.Biker-Products.com, one of the sponsors of this forum. I bought a smoked lense pair and a night time pair for $15 each. Man, it has been the best $30 bucks I have spent, they both work great!

Old 01-02-2006, 06:36 PM
LOTHAR
Cruiser

I bought a pair at my harley dealer with transition lens in my prescription. I used my flex plan at work as they were prescription. they have removable gaskets and fit tight to the face.

Old 01-04-2006, 03:20 PM
dert
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The best eye protection Ive found and very reasonable are the ones right at the top of this page 15.00. have 3 pair..check em out.

Old 01-04-2006, 05:33 PM
Qball
Ultimate HDF Member

I have had two diffent Wiley-X goggles. If worn with the strap they keep fogging. Had a pair of HD goggles that I won. Gave them to the ex because they sucked. Ended up with "The best Biker Glasses" from right here off this site. I have clear for night and a red ruby color for the daytime. These are awesome glasses for the price. I have had no problems with them.

www.biker-glasses.com

Old 01-05-2006, 12:15 AM
BUBBA
Tourer

Im looking for some that i can put Prescrition lenses in them.
Any sugestions with brands ?

Old 01-05-2006, 11:54 AM
Basz
Road Master

Bubba - Prescriptions, Here are a few.

SportRx
Panoptx
Action Optics

Old 01-05-2006, 12:35 PM
Maniac
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 13 Likes on 6 Posts

ORIGINAL: Unibomber

Sweet i think im getting both the Panoptx and the Wileys and ill taste test 'em and see what happens. NO more cheap'ee goggles for me, just kinda sucks when your eyes and throbbing after only 20 min on the road...............
You'll be happy with either the Wileys or Panoptix. I personally use the Pans and a buddy of mine swears by the Wileys. I don't know how fast you ride, but the Pans are stable up to about 90-95 mph (I hope no LEOs are reading this). After that, I get a lot of buffeting unless I tilt my head down a little bit. It could just be the shape of my noggin though. Since 95% of my riding is below 90 mph, the Pans are great.

Old 01-05-2006, 06:12 PM
alexcue
Road Master

I've got a big, ok fat, face. will the HD Overpass fit on this type of face? I was wondering because of the girlie iddy biddy comment.

Old 01-06-2006, 12:08 PM
BUBBA
Tourer

Thanks will be ordering soon ....

ORIGINAL: TheMark

Bubba - Prescriptions, Here are a few.

SportRx
Panoptx
Action Optics

Quick Reply: Decent Goggles ???