General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Decent Goggles ???

Search this Thread

Old 12-27-2005, 09:57 PM
Unibomber
Road Captain
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: Decent Goggles ???

Sweet i think im getting both the Panoptx and the Wileys and ill taste test 'em and see what happens. NO more cheap'ee goggles for me, just kinda sucks when your eyes and throbbing after only 20 min on the road...............

Old 12-27-2005, 10:12 PM
scooterbooter
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have these from the local Stealer, they are the streamline goggle (for iddy biddy girly heads)

My husband has the overpass style:

You can't see it in the picture, but they have the skull logo on the outside - I'm dead jealous about that as I have a skull thing going on
I love them, really comfy, no air leakage at all, and I have the transitional lenses which are awesome. They go dark enough that I'm not even tempted to switch in my regular sunglasses lenses and I can't stand not seeing properly, I've never known transitional lenses to be that effective before I got these.
I'd recommend you take a mosey on down to the stealer. My local one carries both Harley's own brand and Wiley X. Every brand and style is slightly different, and it would serve you well to try them all on to see which fits your head the best. Thats the key to not having air leakage - the fit is everything.

Old 12-27-2005, 10:14 PM
SPRINGER
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 3,270 Likes on 1,976 Posts

I went with Airfoil, they are light on my face and I got mine for around $30. They are tinted and are vented, works for me and they don't cost an arm and a leg.

Old 12-27-2005, 10:15 PM
bfrmbama
Tourer
Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

ORIGINAL: scooterbooter

I have these from the local Stealer, they are the streamline goggle (for iddy biddy girly heads)

My husband has the overpass style:

What brand are these please? And, are you a contact wearer?

Old 12-27-2005, 11:05 PM
Bannana Boat
Road Captain
Received 50 Likes on 39 Posts

Those are made by H.D

Old 12-28-2005, 12:50 AM
scooterbooter
Tourer

ORIGINAL: bfrmbama

ORIGINAL: scooterbooter

What brand are these please? And, are you a contact wearer?
Whoops my bad. Here is a link to the entire range of H-D goggles.

Both my goggles and my husband's came with two interchangeable lenses - a clear and a sunglass lens, they also have removeable foam cups so you can use them just a straight sunglasses. We brought the transition lenses too - but they now come with those lenses. Like I said before, I think they are freaking awesome.

I don't wear contacts regularly, although I do have a tinted pair, with a slight prescription. I've not actually worn them and ridden. However, I have a corneal abraision, and I can't deal with any wind in my eyes at all, or my eye wells up in floods of tears and so far I've not had any trouble with it, using my streamline goggles. But I definately reckon you need to try them on rather than order a pair off the net, or you won't know what fits your face, and I think its the fit that makes a good pair of goggles really great for someone.

Old 12-28-2005, 12:54 AM
Harley Rulz
Banned
Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

I have had two pair of these (airfoils) and they work great.If you don't like this style the site has a lot more to chose from.

http://www.helmetsetc.com/detail~product_id~7600.htm

Old 12-28-2005, 02:40 AM
vernh59
Road Warrior
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

I have the Wiley X, great glasses/ vented and interchangeable lenses. I have one pair with clear and the with dark lenses. The dark lenses are better than my Oakleys. they also have an adjustable head band.

Old 12-28-2005, 02:43 AM
sidewinder
Cruiser

I went to a local bike shop and bought a non brand set of padded glasses. Dark lens and they work as well as any pair I have owned. I think it is about fit. I have zero problems even on long windy days. Don't get caught up in paying for their advertising, which is most of the cost. Go find a comfy pair that fits you and you will be happier then with a name brand that may not. IMHO. It cost lots of $$ to advertise and you pay the difference. Good luck and ride safe.

Old 12-28-2005, 12:14 PM
AF Scootertrash
Advanced

I have a pair of the Wiley X's, my unit issues them. They are great as they have interchangable lenses. Wiley X's can also be fitted with prescription lenses too.

Quick Reply: Decent Goggles ???