General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Has anyone ever gotten an answer on....

Search this Thread

Old 12-03-2007 | 07:28 PM
JBaker421
Big Kahuna HDF Member
Default RE: Has anyone ever gotten an answer on....

ORIGINAL: cwilks

ORIGINAL: John TN

ORIGINAL: cwilks

Terry.....your pretty quick to jump in and spank us kiddies when you think we're being bad Ya got a legitimate answer for us????????? just askin
Thanks but that didn't help....I'm going with what JDBaker421 says BUT I'm still waiting for the big guy to confirm that its the site's problem
Cwilks,,,have you even PM'd Terry?? I just went to Firefox as the browser on my computer,,, big difference in speed over IE,,, this site is smoking fast for me now,,http://en-us.www.mozilla.com/en-US/

Also as said if you are on a slow connection,, you can turn off pictures in your profile and it will speed it up quite a bit. Try the firefox if you're using IE as your browser. This issue is being looked at by admin,,, I'm sure Terry will have an answer for you Cwilks.

I'm trying to see if he'll answer in the open forum so everyone else who is having problems can see the answer John.......I'm NOT on a slow connection and I don't have problems anywhere else so I shouldn't have to turn anything off I also shouldn't have to switch to a browser I don't want to use.......awful lot of people using IE so I'm thinking JB is right......its on the site end. If this is the way it is than so be it but someone (in the know about the site) needs to answer this question.........just sayin
With all due respect, I agree with a lot of what's being said.

I'm having a bit of a problem though, since this site is wonderful and FREE,with doing anything like thinking anyone"has" to answer to any of us.

There's a problem somewhere and they are working on it. In my field which is just this, that's a very good answer. These things can be very frustrating because the tiniest thing can cause a problem.

As with all other machines, when it's spotty and intermittent it makes it even harder to figure out.

You can bet they know that it should work fine with IE. That's a good clue for them, too.

Would you like for me to list the first 1,000 things that come to my mind that could be a problem with the site? Trust me, it's a complex world out there...

I suggest we cut these great folks some slack.

I love Harleys and I love HDForums.

So there!

JB
Microsoft Certified Systems (Internet) Engineer.

Old 12-03-2007 | 07:31 PM
Terry TK
Big Kahuna HDF Member

I'm trying to see if he'll answer in the open forum so everyone else who is having problems can see the answer John.......I'm NOT on a slow connection and I don't have problems anywhere else so I shouldn't have to turn anything off I also shouldn't have to switch to a browser I don't want to use.......awful lot of people using IE so I'm thinking JB is right......its on the site end. If this is the way it is than so be it but someone (in the know about the site) needs to answer this question.........just sayin
Clif,

I've answered this question many times in different threads on the forum. I was not ignoring you. I just didn't catch this thread. Like I said in my previous post, we are working on it and not everybody is having problems.

Old 12-03-2007 | 07:34 PM
HSdropout
Cruiser

has anyone gotten an answer on what the numbered settings on the V&H Fuelpak mean?

Old 12-03-2007 | 08:19 PM
cwilks
|
Banned

ORIGINAL: Terry1955

Clif,

I've answered this question many times in different threads on the forum. I was not ignoring you. I just didn't catch this thread. Like I said in my previous post, we are working on it and not everybody is having problems.
Thanks Terry.......wasn't trying to force the issue I just hadn't seen any reply's on the subject.......its not going to keep me from visiting the site (sorry )........just gets aggravating at times.

Old 12-03-2007 | 08:26 PM
Terry TK
Big Kahuna HDF Member

Clif,

No problem. It's frustrating for us too.

Old 12-03-2007 | 09:05 PM
zuma
Road Captain

Maybe it is a geographic issue and routing through the ISPs backbone. I have encountered issues where only certain people on certain locations and backbones were affected in my business. I am NC. Where is the hosting location? If you don't mind...thanks

Old 12-03-2007 | 09:09 PM
Dorkman
Ultimate HDF Member

Its thouse **** that you have rolling around on your avitar. Everyone is looking...

Old 12-03-2007 | 09:14 PM
Terry TK
Big Kahuna HDF Member

California now. It use to be in New York.
ORIGINAL: zuma

Maybe it is a geographic issue and routing through the ISPs backbone. I have encountered issues where only certain people on certain locations and backbones were affected in my business. I am NC. Where is the hosting location? If you don't mind...thanks

Old 12-03-2007 | 09:17 PM
Kolni
Banned

For me it appears to load slower on FireFox than Explorer.

Old 12-03-2007 | 09:37 PM
05LowRider
Road Captain

I was experiencing very slow loading speeds on this site too. Just like someone else mentioned. I would get anything from a blank white box with the banner and outline only or sometimes even less. Sometimes it would just act like it was stuck in the mud. I'm on DSL also and was using a Linksys wireless G router. Went to the Linksys wireless N and things got much quicker. Still not lightning fast. And allother sites I visit upload in the blink of an eye. But it is much more enjoyable with the new router. I figure that once things get sorted out on the site it'll upload before I even click the link!

Quick Reply: Has anyone ever gotten an answer on....