General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Has anyone ever gotten an answer on....

Search this Thread

Old 11-29-2007 | 07:19 AM
cwilks
|
Banned
Default RE: Has anyone ever gotten an answer on....

ORIGINAL: Geoseismic

Get rid of dial-up and move on to cable internet or DSL!

If you had READ the posts you'd already know I'm on DSL...Dumas [:@]

Old 11-29-2007 | 08:00 AM
zuma
Road Captain

I think he was referring to doug. I think...

Old 11-29-2007 | 08:05 AM
zuma
Road Captain

Here is another issue I find, disappearing posts, I went back in this thread to find dougsdyna post and it is gone! I know it was there yesterday, he said he was on dial up and that is where that comment was aimed at I think. I am not crazy...

Old 11-29-2007 | 08:38 AM
greg09997
Road Warrior

Might need more bandwidth on your end..Works fine for me.

Old 11-29-2007 | 08:59 AM
JBaker421
Big Kahuna HDF Member

ORIGINAL: greg09997

Might need more bandwidth on your end..Works fine for me.
One more time? If you have gobs of bandwidth for your internetand all other sites are lightning fast, then just think...

I love this site and much of the time it works great. Sometimes it is really slow and I don't know why, but it's the site's topology somehow.

Again, it's not a bottleneck in the backbone, because even when the queries are slow I can ping www.hdforums.com, round trip in just 27 milliseconds which is blazing.

Don't get me wrong. I can live with it because the site is otherwise awesome. I'm here, right?

For some reason at some times it takes the servers or their connectivity or their load sharing a long time to query the database and return the results. That's just a good time to take another swig of my favorite adult beverage or maybe even my cup of coffee.

Old 12-03-2007 | 11:22 AM
cwilks
|
Banned

Terry.....your pretty quick to jump in and spank us kiddies when you think we're being bad Ya got a legitimate answer for us????????? just askin

Old 12-03-2007 | 11:48 AM
lunchboxjunkie
Road Captain

Clear out your cache once and awhile also make sure your disk is only using the min of 50 mb for temporay internet files.

To clear your cache:

On the Internet Explorer 6 Tools menu, click Internet Options. The Internet Options box should open to the General tab.

On the General tab, in the Temporary Internet Files section, click the Delete Files button. This will delete all the files that are currently stored in your cache.

Old 12-03-2007 | 12:25 PM
cwilks
|
Banned

Thanks but that didn't help....I'm going with what JDBaker421 says BUT I'm still waiting for the big guy to confirm that its the site's problem

Old 12-03-2007 | 12:27 PM
SPRINGER
Seasoned HDF Member

I have kept this to myself for sometime, but I have noticed things slowing down for me also. I have cleaned everything up on my end and I even have DSL. Last nite, after work, I logged on and went to the newbies section to welcome them to the forum. I only got some of it done and it seemed to get slower and slower as I went along. I said heck with it and went to another forum to see what was going on. I was able to blast out replies without any of the waiting. When I sign on at nite, there are only a handfull of people on here, so the theory of a lot of people using this site at the same time doesn't hold water with me. Oh well, maybe it will change someday.

Old 12-03-2007 | 01:00 PM
JBaker421
Big Kahuna HDF Member

ORIGINAL: lunchboxjunkie

Clear out your cache once and awhile also make sure your disk is only using the min of 50 mb for temporay internet files.

To clear your cache:

On the Internet Explorer 6 Tools menu, click Internet Options. The Internet Options box should open to the General tab.

On the General tab, in the Temporary Internet Files section, click the Delete Files button. This will delete all the files that are currently stored in your cache.
What the heck does all of that have to do with any of this???

One more time:

If your box blasts along fine on other sites, and the variable is the site in question only, then it ain't your box or your bandwidth or anything else on your end.

JB
Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer ("Systems Engineer"means network, internet Engineer)+ 11 other Certs.

Quick Reply: Has anyone ever gotten an answer on....