General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Has anyone ever gotten an answer on....

Search this Thread

Old 11-28-2007 | 06:05 PM
Kolni
Banned
Default RE: Has anyone ever gotten an answer on....

Sometimes it loads, sometimes it dont

Old 11-28-2007 | 06:13 PM
JBaker421
Big Kahuna HDF Member

ORIGINAL: Bear64

-snip- and yes, looking at to much **** can cause your puter to be real slow..takes me 10 minutes to down load and I'm on cable.
Not if you do regular scans with good malware tools to keep it clean.

Old 11-28-2007 | 07:10 PM
cwilks
|
Banned

ORIGINAL: JBaker421

It almost has to be something with the actual database servers. I can ping www.hdforums.com in 27 milliseconds, round trip. Google took me 43 milliseconds so my speed getting to this site is faster.

However, it seems to take this site's servers a long time to query the database and return the results. Ebay is a 41 ms return, and yet their results are lightning.

Either the database servers for this site are underpowered or there aren't enough of them sharing the load or someone goofed on engineering the topology or ???

I'd love to see the plant.

JB

Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer.

I KNEW it was their fault .......All you guys with the "it must be on your end" can kiss myass........just sayin HAAAAAAAA

Thanks JB ya da man [sm=exactly.gif]

Old 11-28-2007 | 07:35 PM
Harley Stan
Tourer

It is a little slower than most sites here too, I always assumed that is was due to the amount of traffic on the boards at one time, It was just my guessI am not a tech guy by any stretch of the imagination.
Oh, and I assumed that the bouncin ***** just made the page scroll down slower when it did load, anyone else notice that?

Old 11-28-2007 | 09:00 PM
Ricks Ride
Road Captain

cwilks,

I have the same problem. This site loads slower than any other that I go to. I have problems with empty pages here as well. By empty, I mean that it might load the frame but not posts. Or, sometimes I just get white, blank pages when I click on a link. If there are any admin folks reading, I would appreciate possible fixes for this.

Also buddy, your avatar is incredibly distracting. I don't know how many threads that I have lost interest in once I scroll down to your replies. I am craving cookies now. Talk to you later. Must...........bake................cookies.

Old 11-28-2007 | 09:08 PM
RandyM1911
Tourer

IDK, I'm usually OK with the speed but have occasional slow downs. Are you using Explorer? Try switching to Firefox. I find it's faster and more reliable. I'll never go back to Explorer. That's just my opinion, I could be wrong...

Old 11-28-2007 | 10:18 PM
JBaker421
Big Kahuna HDF Member

ORIGINAL: cwilks

ORIGINAL: JBaker421

It almost has to be something with the actual database servers. I can ping www.hdforums.com in 27 milliseconds, round trip. Google took me 43 milliseconds so my speed getting to this site is faster.

However, it seems to take this site's servers a long time to query the database and return the results. Ebay is a 41 ms return, and yet their results are lightning.

Either the database servers for this site are underpowered or there aren't enough of them sharing the load or someone goofed on engineering the topology or ???

I'd love to see the plant.

JB

Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer.

I KNEW it was their fault .......All you guys with the "it must be on your end" can kiss myass........just sayin HAAAAAAAA

Thanks JB ya da man [sm=exactly.gif]
If it were your box due to some malware (visiting **** sites)or other problems, you would have a general problem of slowdown. When it's just one site, it's the site. It could be that they have all of the greatest of everything but just one little issue such as bandwidth at just one point in the topology (cabling/connectivity) at just one point. It could be a bad cable or something really off the wall.

It could be just one small oversight on the part of the designers, assuming the system has enough power to otherwise work properly. The load balancing may be out of whack.

Whatever it is, I'd still love to see it.

Old 11-28-2007 | 10:26 PM
zuma
Road Captain

I think I saw another post for site issues.. But I have noticed in the lastweek a slower load. Obviously the more images in the posts that have to load will take longer but there is a noticable difference. The bouncing may be slowing down the hamsters alsoI would guess this is a shared server service and not actually hosted by the powers to be. So there may be more traffic for the holidays impacting the total bandwidth pipe,But then again I am not informed.

Old 11-28-2007 | 10:30 PM
Dorkman
Ultimate HDF Member

ORIGINAL: cwilks

WHY it takes so freakin' long for pages to load on this site????????????? I know its been asked before..........sooooo what's the deal ADMIN???????????? And I know I'm not the only one who thinks this and I'm not lookingfor opinions on WHAT a long time is
Yep, you are the only one. But if not, reset your modem, router, or whatever you have and see if it gets any better. Usually its just a matter of unplugging them, then back on. There are other ways, but this often works. Good luck.

Old 11-28-2007 | 10:57 PM
Geoseismic
Road Captain

Get rid of dial-up and move on to cable internet or DSL!

Quick Reply: Has anyone ever gotten an answer on....