General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Has anyone ever gotten an answer on....

Search this Thread

Old 11-28-2007 | 01:42 PM
airjoe
Tourer
Default RE: Has anyone ever gotten an answer on....

It's the *****! [sm=happy046.gif]

Old 11-28-2007 | 02:16 PM
JohnC88
Tourer

ORIGINAL: I am Jerry

I feel your pain man. I've tried to have someone tell me why "only" this site is slow for me. And it's "only" on my home PC, Here at work it's fine. If any of the other 4 forums I visit daily were slow I'd just give up and say it's my PC. But all others work fine.

I ain't leavin' no matter how hard they try to slow me down..........lol
I have just the opposite problem. Slow at work, better at home. And yes, this site is worse than any others I go to.

Quite honestly, based on other lacking features of this software, I think it it is old old software that should be replaced but isn't due to monetary reasons. YMMV

Old 11-28-2007 | 03:12 PM
grumpy irish again
Road Warrior

the site is a little slow loading but really slow going back to main page especially after I do a post no other site is affected has to be the software used here..

Old 11-28-2007 | 05:11 PM
will2002
Extreme HDF Member

Sloooooooooooow heeeeeeeeeereeeeeee tooooooooooooo. Me tkinks I need a 103or a 107 or a110.[:-]

Old 11-28-2007 | 05:33 PM
oldfartjc
Outstanding HDF Member

It seems to be working OK for me too, but it did take 10 sec for this response to load.

Old 11-28-2007 | 05:33 PM
AK97fxdwg
Outstanding HDF Member

Incredibly,unbelievableySLOOOOOOOOOOWWWWW here. Great content though!

Old 11-28-2007 | 05:41 PM
electaRICK
Extreme HDF Member

I heard if a guy spends to much time on the XXX sites, it slowwwws the puter wayyy downnnn

Old 11-28-2007 | 05:50 PM
fishpro
Cruiser

Sorry cwilks that is sooo slow for you. It would however be a sin at this juncture toremove the jugs to make your downloads go faster.

1999 RKC

Old 11-28-2007 | 05:58 PM
JBaker421
Big Kahuna HDF Member

It almost has to be something with the actual database servers. I can ping www.hdforums.com in 27 milliseconds, round trip. Google took me 43 milliseconds so my speed getting to this site is faster.

However, it seems to take this site's servers a long time to query the database and return the results. Ebay is a 41 ms return, and yet their results are lightning.

Either the database servers for this site are underpowered or there aren't enough of them sharing the load or someone goofed on engineering the topology or ???

I'd love to see the plant.

JB

Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer.

Old 11-28-2007 | 05:59 PM
Bear64
Banned

ORIGINAL: cwilks

ORIGINAL: Bear64

ORIGINAL: cwilks

ORIGINAL: R1Geezrglide

You may have a virus scan program that is slowing the load. It could be holding up each page, scanning before it allows it to be displayed. I had a similar problem with conflicting virus programs. I was running Norton and AOL uses McAffee. Between the two programs interfering with each other, pages were slow to load. I still have issues with AOL and web pages freezing up. I switch to MSN and no problems. I now surf my forums from MSN exclusively.

That's the kind of info I'm looking for Glide......I just don't understand why its ONLY on this site...all the other ones I go to (VTF, B a r b e d, Doofs) I have no issues with...they load imediately (and I have all the same avatars and sigs ) [sm=dontgetit.gif] Oh yeah DSL here
Personally I think it is a Plot, just a nasty plot against you..something about you must really **** off the Forum, probably somebody here in admin. is just screwing with ya..be my thought anyway..[sm=icon_sneaky.gif][sm=imsorry.gif][sm=icon_rofl.gif][sm=icon_rofl.gif]

Bear.....I think ya got somethin there...I bet their eyeballin EVERTHING I post and that's taking longer...........I'm a bad...bad...boy

OR they just like t i t ti e s a bunch
its the ****, I know I sit and stare at them, then I drool in my keyboard, and now I have a mess here, thanks a lotand my wife ask me why I'm muttering like I do..and yes, looking at to much **** can cause your puter to be real slow..takes me 10 minutes to down load and I'm on cable.

Quick Reply: Has anyone ever gotten an answer on....