General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Has anyone ever gotten an answer on....

Search this Thread

Old 11-28-2007 | 11:02 AM
cwilks
|
Banned
Default RE: Has anyone ever gotten an answer on....

ORIGINAL: cwilks

Doesn't happen on ANY of the other sites I go to....why would it be just this one????[sm=dontgetit.gif]

Took 15 sec. to load this response ^^^ an Punisher that's the answer I get from my hardware AND software people when there's a problem..........ITS HARDWARE....NO ITS SOFTWARE....NO ITS HARDWARE....its always someone elses problem or fault

Old 11-28-2007 | 11:21 AM
whaap
Extreme HDF Member

Well, it's either one or both. There's no problem here.

Old 11-28-2007 | 11:23 AM
petemac
Ultimate HDF Member

Works fine for me on with a high speed cable modem. Now if I were using a dial up, that would be PAINFUL!

Old 11-28-2007 | 11:27 AM
R1Geezrglide
Road Warrior

You may have a virus scan program that is slowing the load. It could be holding up each page, scanning before it allows it to be displayed. I had a similar problem with conflicting virus programs. I was running Norton and AOL uses McAffee. Between the two programs interfering with each other, pages were slow to load. I still have issues with AOL and web pages freezing up. I switch to MSN and no problems. I now surf my forums from MSN exclusively.

Old 11-28-2007 | 11:29 AM
turtlebug
Cruiser

graphics (expecially animated ones) take a while to load.

Old 11-28-2007 | 11:38 AM
cwilks
|
Banned

ORIGINAL: R1Geezrglide

You may have a virus scan program that is slowing the load. It could be holding up each page, scanning before it allows it to be displayed. I had a similar problem with conflicting virus programs. I was running Norton and AOL uses McAffee. Between the two programs interfering with each other, pages were slow to load. I still have issues with AOL and web pages freezing up. I switch to MSN and no problems. I now surf my forums from MSN exclusively.

That's the kind of info I'm looking for Glide......I just don't understand why its ONLY on this site...all the other ones I go to (VTF, B a r b e d, Doofs) I have no issues with...they load imediately (and I have all the same avatars and sigs ) [sm=dontgetit.gif] Oh yeah DSL here

Old 11-28-2007 | 11:42 AM
electaRICK
Extreme HDF Member

cwilks,,,I thinkI got it figured out,,,,,
just like the post office,,, all the mags get put into your slot, undamaged , fine,ok,,,
but that 1 mag like easyrider,playboy, goes through everyones hands,,,,
well,,,,,, check the avitars here,,,, yours is def'y gettin handled lot more than ours!!!!

Old 11-28-2007 | 11:47 AM
Bear64
Banned

That's the kind of info I'm looking for Glide......I just don't understand why its ONLY on this site...all the other ones I go to (VTF, B a r b e d, Doofs) I have no issues with...they load imediately (and I have all the same avatars and sigs ) [sm=dontgetit.gif] Oh yeah DSL here
Personally I think it is a Plot, just a nasty plot against you..something about you must really **** off the Forum, probably somebody here in admin. is just screwing with ya..be my thought anyway..[sm=icon_sneaky.gif][sm=imsorry.gif][sm=icon_rofl.gif][sm=icon_rofl.gif]

Old 11-28-2007 | 11:52 AM
I am Jerry
Road Master

I feel your pain man. I've tried to have someone tell me why "only" this site is slow for me. And it's "only" on my home PC, Here at work it's fine. If any of the other 4 forums I visit daily were slow I'd just give up and say it's my PC. But all others work fine.

I ain't leavin' no matter how hard they try to slow me down..........lol

Old 11-28-2007 | 11:55 AM
cwilks
|
Banned

ORIGINAL: Bear64

Personally I think it is a Plot, just a nasty plot against you..something about you must really **** off the Forum, probably somebody here in admin. is just screwing with ya..be my thought anyway..[sm=icon_sneaky.gif][sm=imsorry.gif][sm=icon_rofl.gif][sm=icon_rofl.gif]

Bear.....I think ya got somethin there...I bet their eyeballin EVERTHING I post and that's taking longer...........I'm a bad...bad...boy

OR they just like t i t ti e s a bunch

Quick Reply: Has anyone ever gotten an answer on....