General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Has anyone ever gotten an answer on....

Search this Thread

Old 12-06-2007 | 09:12 AM
John TN
Big Kahuna HDF Member
Default RE: Has anyone ever gotten an answer on....

What we need is for folks having problems to go to the forum issues room link below and post the info Terry is asking for.

__________________________________________________ ___________________________
https://www.hdforums.com/m_2551141/tm.htm

Please list what Internet Provider you use
Please list what browser you use
Try running spyware, clearing your cookies and temp files and see if it helps any.
__________________________________________________ ___________________

Just trying to get the message out to the masses here and in the OT,,,,,Thanks again for your help.

Old 12-06-2007 | 10:44 AM
06train
Road Warrior

ORIGINAL: Bear64

ORIGINAL: cwilks

ORIGINAL: Bear64

ORIGINAL: cwilks

ORIGINAL: R1Geezrglide

You may have a virus scan program that is slowing the load. It could be holding up each page, scanning before it allows it to be displayed. I had a similar problem with conflicting virus programs. I was running Norton and AOL uses McAffee. Between the two programs interfering with each other, pages were slow to load. I still have issues with AOL and web pages freezing up. I switch to MSN and no problems. I now surf my forums from MSN exclusively.

That's the kind of info I'm looking for Glide......I just don't understand why its ONLY on this site...all the other ones I go to (VTF, B a r b e d, Doofs) I have no issues with...they load imediately (and I have all the same avatars and sigs ) [sm=dontgetit.gif] Oh yeah DSL here
Personally I think it is a Plot, just a nasty plot against you..something about you must really **** off the Forum, probably somebody here in admin. is just screwing with ya..be my thought anyway..[sm=icon_sneaky.gif][sm=imsorry.gif][sm=icon_rofl.gif][sm=icon_rofl.gif]

Bear.....I think ya got somethin there...I bet their eyeballin EVERTHING I post and that's taking longer...........I'm a bad...bad...boy

OR they just like t i t ti e s a bunch
its the ****, I know I sit and stare at them, then I drool in my keyboard, and now I have a mess here, thanks a lotand my wife ask me why I'm muttering like I do..and yes, looking at to much **** can cause your puter to be real slow..takes me 10 minutes to down load and I'm on cable.
I keep watchin cwilks's avatar thinkin the straps have to break ,,,SOOON..Been times I sit there for hours...

Old 12-06-2007 | 02:38 PM
rufrider
Advanced

Look at what is on the page first. That little sponsor thing at the top? LOL it's like when you go to the movie theater, their making you watch the commercial first. Forced advertizing.
Now if we all emailed the (sponsor) and told them how anoying their ads where I m sure they would take notice.
Can't blame the forums for getting a little money out of it.

Old 12-06-2007 | 02:50 PM
zuma
Road Captain

ORIGINAL: rufrider

Look at what is on the page first. That little sponsor thing at the top? LOL it's like when you go to the movie theater, their making you watch the commercial first. Forced advertizing.
Now if we all emailed the (sponsor) and told them how anoying their ads where I m sure they would take notice.
Can't blame the forums for getting a little money out of it.
It is a free site, are you willing to pay for servers and admin salary monitoring, system redundancy, power back up, software backup24 hours a day and software developement and everythingelse needed to run a site 24/7?

Old 12-06-2007 | 03:48 PM
rufrider
Advanced

I agree Zuma, nothing is free, for a long time anyway. I was just pointing out why I thought it might be slow. As well seeing the advert is up longer and alone there isent much of a hurry to make the site work faster.Probably would cost someone more money anyway.lol
I do notice it slower during peek hours as well.No big deal for me. I got lots of time.

Old 12-06-2007 | 04:19 PM
zuma
Road Captain

ORIGINAL: rufrider

I agree Zuma, nothing is free, for a long time anyway. I was just pointing out why I thought it might be slow. As well seeing the advert is up longer and alone there isent much of a hurry to make the site work faster.Probably would cost someone more money anyway.lol
I do notice it slower during peek hours as well.No big deal for me. I got lots of time.
There are a lot of pics on the threads including the ads, but I beleive it to be a backend database issue because it is quering records and then appearing.

And you are right it is not a big deal, as we all enjoy the site.

Old 12-06-2007 | 05:28 PM
lecomte38
Tourer

Try Mozila Firefox for a web browser. I just logged on with msn internet explorer and the load times were stupid slow. Went back to firefox and they load as fast as I click ( verizon dsl )

Old 12-06-2007 | 06:37 PM
I am Jerry
Road Master

I just did a test with Foxfire. It was even worse than the IE. I'm doomed, It is painfully slow. Still yet, all my other sites work just fine.

Old 12-06-2007 | 06:51 PM
Terry TK
Big Kahuna HDF Member

Please don't post your complaints here if you are not going to post them in the forums issues section. We are doing everything we can, as fast as we can but without the requested information, it's gonna take a lot longer.

The Sponsor's ads have nothing to do with the speed of the forum. That has been tested over and over. Without the sponsors we would not be here. I would not suggest that anyone email the sponsors to tell them how annoying they are.

Old 12-06-2007 | 06:53 PM
06train
Road Warrior

I can deal with the,,,,,,,whatever. It's the best H.D.site out there and its FREEEEEEE..FREEEEEEE..FREEEEEEE.And a good bunch of regulars with a willing administration.I like it here ...

Quick Reply: Has anyone ever gotten an answer on....