General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Man Dies after crashing motorcycle when port-o-potty falls off the back of a truck

Search this Thread

Old 12-25-2005, 07:15 PM
Chewy
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Man Dies after crashing motorcycle when port-o-potty falls off the back of a truck

Article here:

http://www.argusleader.com/apps/pbcs...512230324/1001

Old 12-25-2005, 07:27 PM
Peekaboo Bob
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: Man Dies after crashing motorcycle when port-o-potty falls off the back of a truck

What a sh!tty way to go [:@]

Old 12-25-2005, 11:55 PM
BirchwhiteHD
Road Master
Default RE: Man Dies after crashing motorcycle when port-o-potty falls off the back of a truck

what are the odds of something like that happening ? ,myself i get abit nervous riding behind anyone carrying something in the back of their truck,and always get as far away from someone like that,to avoid such a thing.

Old 12-26-2005, 12:21 AM
gsparesa
Tourer

Flushed from a full house?

Old 12-26-2005, 12:49 AM
Terry TK
Big Kahuna HDF Member
Received 157 Likes on 53 Posts

This happened during Sturgis this past summer. I remember seeing it on CNN or FOX News. What a terrible way to go. A couple I knew about 10 yrs ago got killed on their bike when a rusted out pickup truck lost it's bed on the interstate. It flew off and landed on top of them. Never follow anything that is hauling anything that looks like there is even a chance it can fall off.

[sm=biker2.gif]

Old 12-26-2005, 02:54 AM
Rhubarb
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

I really wish people would follow that rule.

I find myself hauling some big loads in my truck, and I always tie/cover the load securely.
I've never lost anything, but I just don't understand the need to tailgate me.
Don't they see the crap piled in there... Don't they think about what could happen if it left for whatever reason?

Drives me crazy.

Old 12-26-2005, 03:07 AM
Tripper
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 1 Post

I was following a camper van carrying a large inflated raft tied to the roof at a safe distance, but other drivers, including some bikes, insisted on passing me and riding this guys bumber all at 70mph in a 50mph speed zone. But since I was only going 55 mph they out distanced me pretty quick.

Old 12-26-2005, 04:00 AM
geno3j
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Wow dat sux.

Just hope it was empty. What a crappy thing to happen. Dat's the *****, that anyone has to die let alona crap like that. Sorry.. just too wild of a way to go. If it where me I would expect to be the "butt" of all jokes. Sorry just my sick humor.

Old 12-26-2005, 04:09 AM
Terry TK
Big Kahuna HDF Member
Received 157 Likes on 53 Posts

I've had one close call that taught me a lesson. I was following a "Sanford and Son" pickup on a two lane. He was loaded with cut and split wood. He hit a big bump and about ten pieces of chopped wood came bouncing down the road at me. I made it through the maze but about crapped my pants. I've also seen couches levitate out of the back of pickups. The wind catches them just right and they just kinda float out of the back. And how about gravel and sand trucks............that really hurts[:@]. After reading this thread I will never follow a Port-O-Potty truck again.

Terry
[sm=biker2.gif]

Old 12-26-2005, 09:24 AM
Basz
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

In a cage once on the interstate. I was about 4-5 car lengths behind a semi/trailer.
His rear wheel launched a truckers mud flap like a frisbee right at my windshield - I don't know how but it stopped half way through the windhield completley covering me in glass shards.
Had it come through, it would of decapitated me. [:-]

I would not of stood a chance on a bike.

This happened years ago. To this day I keep more of a distance behind anybody - especially trucks.

Quick Reply: Man Dies after crashing motorcycle when port-o-potty falls off the back of a truck