General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Man Dies after crashing motorcycle when port-o-potty falls off the back of a truck

Search this Thread

Old 12-16-2007, 12:46 AM
TXSwede
Elite HDF Member
Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts
Default RE: Man Dies after crashing motorcycle when port-o-potty falls off the back of a truck

It seems we would have enough current newspaper articles to discuss without dredging up 2 year old expired ones.

Just sayin'

Old 12-16-2007, 03:17 AM
renoa18
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Man Dies after crashing motorcycle when port-o-potty falls off the back of a truck

I was following my buddy who was on a Victory and his right side mirror fell off, I say and heard it hit the concrete and then I saw it coming straight for my head. I was able to duck my head in time and it missed me. If it would have hit me in the face it would have killed me at 70mph on the interstate. You need to make sure that the people you are riding with have everything tight on their bike.

Old 12-16-2007, 05:28 AM
Unome
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

ORIGINAL: Bruce00

damn..........I can't even imagine that scenario.

Many years ago, I was following a dump truck pulling a backhoe on a trailer on I-4 in Fla.
While waiting for a break in traffic, to go around him, the truck hit a bump in the road.
All the crap on the trailer jumped into the air....sand, wood and rocks!
You know what happened next!

I went into the emergency lane to try to miss the projectiles. Missed most, but at the last sec, I see a baseball size rock 3 feet from my head. All I had time to do was look down. The rock hit me on top of the head with the loudest crack I've ever heard.

Two things that still stay with me 30 years later.............

NEVER get behind any vehicle carrying cargo
and
always wear my helmet
Got one even better than that.

Driving down I-75 south of Atlanta in truck one day on way home from work. Get around Lakewood area and there is a truck hauling a bobcat on trailer. Road is smooth, no bumps. All of the sudden, the whole freaking trailer and bobcat comes loose and starts fishtailing all over road. It slid across 3 lanse and would up against the wall in emergency lane. No one hit it.

Old 12-16-2007, 07:19 AM
hoosierhog88
Road Warrior
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

edited

Old 12-22-2007, 08:15 PM
Cigar Aggie
Road Master

When I took my MSF course years back one of our instructors who in 45 years of riding never dropped his bike but told of the time he witnessed their road captain getting hit by a pickup trucks bed line that flew out. He died....several weeks ago riding to work I saw a bedliner in the median, obviously it had been run over by cagers a time or two but all I could think about was that story. Anytime I see a truck I try to stay clear of the back end......oh and saw a bunch of PVC plumbing pipe on Friday.....good thing I wasn't behind that truck either!

Old 12-22-2007, 08:42 PM
kpb46
Road Master

Beware of people pulling boats. They like to throw things in the boat and not secure them..cushions, life jackets coolers. Saw one once that still had the rods in the holders with fishing line flying in the breeze. Can you imagine getting a treble hook in the face at 60 mph ?? STILL ATTACHED TO THE BOAT !!!

Old 12-23-2007, 04:34 AM
mattw275
Cruiser

I'm gonna bring up the oldest thread I can find on this forum..maybe Terry's introduction post? nevermind. I never saw this one before so I guess it is cool when somebody finds something interesting that has hit the archives a couple years ago....