General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Gerbing heated jacket liner

Search this Thread

Old 11-22-2007, 11:35 AM
spikehyre
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Gerbing heated jacket liner

28 degrees yesterday morning. When the temps hit 38 and the fog lifted I hit the road for a test run. New heated liner was amazing. I froze my friggin knee caps but from the waist up...pure toast. Hit northbound 101, ran at 75 and was very comfortable in T-shirt, liner and leather coat. Gloves and pants are next.

Old 11-22-2007, 12:42 PM
DougsDyna
Banned
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Gerbing heated jacket liner

Nottin like it!!
Heated grips, heated jacket liner and glove liners................. sooooooooooo warm.

DougJ

Old 11-22-2007, 12:49 PM
Cramps
Cruiser

Me too! I did just about the same thing on a ride around the Island yesterday morning and it was the first time I have used the jacket liner with the G3 gloves I just got a couple of weeks ago. What a fantastic difference! Thumbs up for Gerbing's and their service and quality!

Old 11-22-2007, 01:47 PM
azhole
Road Master

I bought the vest and gloves, and later a jacket liner, but have yet to use them. It only gets down to the mid 50's at the coldest here, lately, so I have yet to test them.
I bought the jacket liner for my dad, and read later that diabetics shouldn't use this gear, so I guess I'll just have to keep it for myself, darn It is getting colder so I'll probably test it soon.
BTW for cheap 'chaps' there wear some electric chaps on ebay. I think I paid under $40 for mine, but don't know if they work well or not.
With the pants liners you get you crotch protected from the cold wind. You don't get the protection with chaps though, so if you live in a cold climate you would want the pants liners or something to block the wind in the crotch area.

Old 11-22-2007, 02:22 PM
cogener8
Road Captain

Cant wait to get mine. I bought the G3 gloves thanks to the advise from the forum. I gotta say I really hope the liner helps out the wiring situation.Trying to make the wires run thru my leather and get the gloves on and the gauntlets around the sleeves is a chore.I have a 7 mile ride to work and want to use the bike as much as possible but if it takes 10 minutes of struggle to gear up I'll probably only use em for longer rides. Real toasty though.

Old 11-22-2007, 02:31 PM
Clammy
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 1,865 Likes on 808 Posts

I love my Gerbing's jacket liner and Warm and Safe heated gloves. Couldn't ride in the freezing cold without them... course, yesterday and today we got a huge snow dump, and the salt trucks have been out, so my riding season is done now...

Here's a sad sight - taken about an hour ago:

Cheers!
[sm=icon_rock.gif][sm=icon_rock.gif][sm=icon_rock.gif]

Old 11-22-2007, 02:33 PM
Comfortably Numb
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

What a shame. You need a bike cover.....I feel so bad I almost wanna send you one. I said 'almost'.

CN

Old 11-22-2007, 02:35 PM
Clammy
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 1,865 Likes on 808 Posts

ORIGINAL: Comfortably Numb

What a shame. You need a bike cover.....I feel so bad I almost wanna send you one. I said 'almost'.

CN
I'd really rather it never snowed!!!

Cheers!
[sm=icon_rock.gif][sm=icon_rock.gif][sm=icon_rock.gif]

Old 11-22-2007, 02:48 PM
greg09997
Road Warrior
Received 99 Likes on 50 Posts

Used my Jacket liner and Classic Gloves for first time yesterday afternoon. Was in Mid 30's on hwy 26 to Oregon Coast.

Actually had to turn the jacket down to 50%, but had the gloves all the way up. If you're going to use both, would be a good idea to go for the dual controler.

Old 11-22-2007, 04:09 PM
Chainman
Tourer

Clammy
If you don't have a garage then I believe I would put my bike in the house. But that's just me.

Quick Reply: Gerbing heated jacket liner