General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Anybody make any money with AMSOIL?

Search this Thread

Old 11-21-2007, 08:01 AM
fryeca
Tourer
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Anybody make any money with AMSOIL?

Just curious if anybody here makes any money as an AMSOIL dealer? Looking for a decent part time job...

Old 11-21-2007, 10:53 AM
Doug45601
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Anybody make any money with AMSOIL?

Tried Avon once, Tupperware, Shackley, Mary Kay, The only person who makes any money is the company owner standing on the backs of thoes who try to sell there products...

Better off being a greeter at Wal-Mart

Old 11-21-2007, 11:38 AM
rkcrwlr
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Anything is possible, but even Amsoil says that they are not the way to go if your looking to make a lot of money. You have to be high on the food chain to do it. I like Amsoil, but they can claim all they want its not a pyramid and i'll not beleive it.If it walks like a duck and quacks like a duck....

You only make a few bits on products. So you have to have your network below you turning the big numbers to get you there. Most "dealers" are in it to make enough $$ to cover thier own consumption. Not worth the hassles to me...

Old 11-21-2007, 11:41 AM
fryeca
Tourer

Thanks Doug...I only work four days a week and was getting board, need something else to do with my free time that's productive.

I even thought of getting a porter job at the local HD shop...then I'd be around something I'm passionate about AND making a buck at the same time.

Old 11-21-2007, 12:40 PM
fryeca
Tourer

I hear ya rkckcrwlr (rock crawler?).

I've read a lot about AMSOIL and their comparison tests...it makes mebeleive they have a good product.

I've never tried it; the extended drain intervalswould behard for me to try out on my SG...even Mobil1 extended drain says to stay with your manufacturers drain intervals until your warranty is up.

Old 11-21-2007, 12:47 PM
07SG
Cruiser

It will only cost you $30 a year and possibly a local business license to become a Dealer and find out if can make money. You can buy as little or as much as you want as you sell it. It's not a pyramid scheme, those are illegal.

If you do decide to do it I recommend you signup through one of the Amsoil site sponsors. It will cost you no more than a direct signup with Amsoil corp., and the sponsor will benefit as well.

Old 11-21-2007, 12:50 PM
R1Geezrglide
Road Warrior
Received 16 Likes on 7 Posts

I've never known anyone who has made it in those pyramid marketing ploys and I have known a few. Mostlythe participants end up servicing their family and friends. Maybe they make enough to buy themselves lunch once in a while.

Old 11-21-2007, 01:07 PM
fryeca
Tourer

Since I have soooo much time to do nothing for three days a week and IRIDE for most of that time?

How about a courier service from Orlando to the Georgia border...this would combine my enthusiasm of ridin' and traveling withsomething productive?

Sorry dudes...just brains-storming here at work while I wait for my weekend to start.

Old 11-21-2007, 02:05 PM
SpringerDude
Tourer

I'm a computer programmer and I used to work for a multi-level marketing company that had about 300,000 members (sales staff, associates, or whatever you want to call them). One of my jobs was to run database queries for commissions. Out of those 300k members, less than a dozen made more annually than I was making as a white collaremployee of the company (about $65k at the time). The few guys at the top did get rich, and some others made some decent money, but I could count them on two hands.

Old 11-21-2007, 02:11 PM
fryeca
Tourer

SpringerDuded,

It would be very interesting to see data like that from AMSOIL!

Quick Reply: Anybody make any money with AMSOIL?