General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Anybody make any money with AMSOIL?

Search this Thread

Old 11-21-2007, 03:43 PM
dawg
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 3,239 Likes on 1,850 Posts
Default RE: Anybody make any money with AMSOIL?

I work part time at my local HD dealer in the parts dept. While I wouldn't get rich doing it, it does give me about $200-300 extra every pay period, plus I get a 20% discount on everything except bikes. I also can work on my own bike in the shop and use their tools providing that I am not on the clock and the store is open and I have prior permission. I can also watch the techs and help them and learn things to boot.

Old 11-21-2007, 03:54 PM
SpringerDude
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ORIGINAL: dawg

I work part time at my local HD dealer in the parts dept. While I wouldn't get rich doing it, it does give me about $200-300 extra every pay period, plus I get a 20% discount on everything except bikes. I also can work on my own bike in the shop and use their tools providing that I am not on the clock and the store is open and I have prior permission. I can also watch the techs and help them and learn things to boot.
Sounds like a fun part time job with good benefits. What department are you in? I've thought about doing the same, more for fun than anything else. Heck, I'd probably spend more than I make...

Old 11-21-2007, 03:54 PM
Doug45601
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

There ya go, try to get a position at the local HD Dealership.. My local Dealership is like going to an Rest home filled with retiree's

All the counter guys are as old as me or older and kinda refreshing to deal with someone willing to really help you and understand your needs... The young guys are OK but seem to be less helpful at times..

Of course the counter "girls" that deal with the HD clothing etc. are young and very helpful but I sometimes get a little upset when I'm always refered to a Hon, sweetie.. Makes me feel so-old..

The guys in the back parts counter, my age, usrally call me .... well we won't say... Ha..

Old 11-21-2007, 04:47 PM
ButtMan1000
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I have found my best earnings potential doing side jobs are thus:

1) Gigolo
2) Male Prostitute

Just make sure you do not do as I did anduse your home phone number as your work number.

The wife gets really pissed, [sm=chairshot.gif]

Old 11-21-2007, 07:44 PM
Ram
Outstanding HDF Member

ORIGINAL: ButtMan1000

I have found my best earnings potential doing side jobs are thus:

1) Gigolo
2) Male Prostitute

Just make sure you do not do as I did anduse your home phone number as your work number.

The wife gets really pissed, [sm=chairshot.gif]
Thats to funny! [sm=funnypostabove.gif]

Old 11-21-2007, 09:41 PM
dawg
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 3,239 Likes on 1,850 Posts

ORIGINAL: SpringerDude

ORIGINAL: dawg

Sounds like a fun part time job with good benefits. What department are you in? I've thought about doing the same, more for fun than anything else. Heck, I'd probably spend more than I make...
parts dept. It is fun and I do tend to spend a bit more than I should

Old 11-21-2007, 09:43 PM
connsmith
Banned

I hate to admit I tried the Amway deal... a friend of mine... anyway he did very well was a diamond dealer and made over 100k but he worked about 90 hours a week and did nothing else he lived it and his wife did too. They drank the koolaid... it is the only way to succeed. About 1 in10 will bite, and about 1 in 10 of them are work a ****... I wasn't[sm=badbadbad.gif]and you kill youself for that 1 percent to help you and if you are a nutbag you can do it... but not as a parttime gig... I may do the Amsoil just to try to pay for my own....

Old 11-21-2007, 11:17 PM
goodbirds
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 25 Likes on 20 Posts

In my youth I tried selling Miracle Maid cookware. I found that the product was hideously expensive, but we sold to young marrieds who were furnishing their first households, and our finance plan saddled them with a monthly expense for cookware fit for a commercial kitchen. My conscience got the better of me and I quit.

A friend down the street got involved in selling home air cleaners, vacuum cleaners. Once he sold the machines to all his friends, he had to quit because he had no market. BTW, the two machines alone sold for $3200. I am definitely not a fan of multilevel marketing, which is by the same name a pyramid scheme.

I keep thinking about being a part time parts delivery guy for NAPA, or a shuttle driver for one of the auto dealerships. Nah! It would get in the way of riding somewhere on a whim.

Old 11-22-2007, 04:45 AM
Navychief
Road Warrior
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Wish HDForums would pay me for the time I spend here, that would be a decent part-time job. I drank the Amway koolaid back in the mid 80s and made a little pocket change, knew quite a few who were doing really well but as mentioned above, they lived it and it's all they talked about. Not for me, I'll put in my 40 a week and take my pay from The Man.

Old 11-22-2007, 05:20 AM
dog155
Extreme HDF Member
Received 25 Likes on 25 Posts

There are people making a living selling Amsoil.They also have huge accounts,and buildings full of the products.Good Luck

Quick Reply: Anybody make any money with AMSOIL?