General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Im sorry to all!!!

Search this Thread

Old 11-19-2007, 02:31 PM
steel insane
Road Warrior
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default RE: Im sorry to all!!!

WTF? Don't know what you did, but if your man enough to apologize, I'm man enough to let you slide!

Now buy us all a round...[8D]

Old 11-19-2007, 03:25 PM
Brackneyc
Road Master
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

ORIGINAL: cbigbie191

I know it is hard to work with the public, most people are hard to get along with.
I agree with the first part, but I don't believe "most" people are hard to get along with."Some people...." absolutely. Most? Not in my experience. If a person finds that they don't get along with most people, it "might" be time for a good look at themselves. I'm not saying you, but in general.jmo.

Old 11-19-2007, 03:28 PM
Mountainkowboy
Grand HDF Member
Received 1,010 Likes on 544 Posts

Thats why I dont deal with the public anymore. I was a service manager for 23 years.

Old 11-19-2007, 07:28 PM
tallboy56
Road Master
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

There's a thing in this country called free enterprise. We don't HAVE to buy or sell any of these "luxury" things that we want and there certainly are choices. I cannot work for free(why would I?) and dealerships and the people employed by them are there for one main reason...to earn a living. Nothing's perfect...never will be. There will always be disgruntled customers and as long as there is good faith effort to satisfy their needs and wants, the majority will return...the one's that don't...well....

Old 11-20-2007, 12:11 AM
Marblemania
Road Master
Received 12 Likes on 1 Post

One sure fire way to END the Overy High Costs for a new bike is to NOT buy them. Work off the ones already on the market. (plenty of them around).
When their corporate profits fall, so will the prices.
All it would take is for a few "NO Sales" months and the prices would drop. They would get the message REAL quick.
From some of what I've seen in the showrooms lately, used bikes would be a bargain with all the "add ons" already on them and most only have a few thousand miles on them.

As for being "curt" with comments here, I think that is partly what this place is for. Let others know who, what, when and where when it comes to Harley Davidson Motorcycles.
[/align]

Old 11-20-2007, 12:27 AM
badwhine
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 8 Likes on 3 Posts

ORIGINAL: lilmike9

First off let me say I'm sorry to all i have offended that was not my intention. Many of you are right I did come across like and
A-hole and I'm sorry.
This is the deal I love whatI do and love to help and share with others what they can do to help them selves not get screwed by a big money making monster like H-D(if your being screwed). Like any biz they are in to win it and making money(lots of it) is the goal. Again I'm sorry for my attitude and did not mean to sound better then anyone else. And just for the record to be a H-D service writer is like standing in front a firing squad everyday.Frustration and stress levelsarebit on the high side. I have been in more trouble with my boss for going above and beyond forcustomers then customers being mad at me for what ever. As a service writer I'm not the maker of the bad news I'm just the one that has to tell you. Just know that when you go in for some kind of service the expectation needs to be set ASAP ! Informing yourselves is the best way to have control of the situation and set the expectation.
And one more thing, My former or present dealership has not been posted as a bad one on this site or any other. And that's a fact!!!
I worked for a top 10 shop for some years and was hired in to a top 4 shop. Why ? Because I love what I do and im good at it.I will respect your good and bad comments cause I'm seeing that I deserve a bit of bashing for my attitude in my last post.
Again I'm sorry and thanks for putting me in check.
Your job as service writer is a very difficult job and can be extremely frustrating. Yes it is"like standing in front of a firig squad every day", but don't let it distract you from being a pro. I was never offended by your comments but applaud your apology. I have been around for a few years and have a very thick skin.

Old 11-20-2007, 10:35 AM
rguilbert
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I just read your rant and then your apology, welcome to the forum and keep the good information coming!

Old 11-20-2007, 01:50 PM
glebo
Grand HDF Member
Veteran: Army
Received 1,095 Likes on 352 Posts

I don't think you need to apologize. Some people don't like the truth (that shoe don't fit all the folks here, just some).

Welcome to the forum. And yes dealing with joe public does bite the weanie. But most aren't bad, just some bad apples out there.

How would you like all us guys and gals on the forum to be your customers?? We aren't opinionated at all! We would be the perfect customers.

Old 11-20-2007, 02:10 PM
balley
Elite HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Its all good, Welcome from NC

Old 11-20-2007, 07:03 PM
HD7585
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Welcome, I thought your post was dead on and i agree with you.[8D]