General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Bad dealer posts!!!

Search this Thread

Old 11-18-2007, 07:44 AM
kyroger
Road Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Bad dealer posts!!!

Dude....Try Hooked on Phonics and Spell Check.

Old 11-18-2007, 07:47 AM
Time2ride
Road Captain
Received 15 Likes on 8 Posts

ORIGINAL: lilmike9

I just read the bad dealer posts and must say I never realized how many first time H-D owners here want every one to believe that there long time riders. BULLSH**T!! I'm a service writer for H-D and am amazed at all crap I'm reading. Now I'm not saying the bad experiences are not fact cause even as an employee Ive had them, but some of the stuff I'm hearing is just plan made up or maybe said "Rider" has a bruised ego because he/she chooses to be ignorant to the product and or the way warranty /esp works.
They wont void your warranty if they you don't want them to do a recall like the rocker box guy. And cd doors just dont fall off/you know who you are.
Why do people think that they've been raised to a new level just because they buy a Harley? Will it make you cool ? Only in your head. All dealerships are in competition with one another. Just because we have the same sign out front dose not mean anything and that's why some dealers offer different services then others, like pick ups, deliveries, drive in appointments, scheduled appointments. And if you think one of the technicians are going to call you, think again that's what the service advisor is for. You new bees think that your new bike comes with no hassles or problems, boy were you wrong. We know when someone messes something up then claims it's warranty, give me a break. No one is perfect even H-D and there employees and yes there are many ignorant employees out there but if you educate your self on your ride odds of having agood experience are better. And if you don't even know what yourtire presser should be or where the oil goes you should not be on a bike in the first place. I know what riding does for me and looking cool was not the reason I started riding unlike many here. Learn your bike, give her a name, read your warranty paper work, get a service manual and stop crying because you choose not to educate your self. And one last thing, if it says Harley Davidson its going to be expensive but we all know that SO STOP CRYING OR GO METRIC!!!
Like the time the service advisor told me the paint was flaking off of my oil tank because my chaps that I don't wear were rubbing against it? I sat on the bike and asked him to show me how it would be possible for my legs to hit the oil tank while riding. He saw it my way and warrantied the tank.

Old 11-18-2007, 08:05 AM
laz
Extreme HDF Member
Veteran: Air Force
Received 9,633 Likes on 3,439 Posts

I just read the bad dealer posts and must say I never realized how many first time H-D owners here want every one to believe that there long time riders. BULLSH**T!! I'm a service writer for H-D and am amazed at all crap I'm reading. Now I'm not saying the bad experiences are not fact cause even as an employee Ive had them, but some of the stuff I'm hearing is just plan made up or maybe said "Rider" has a bruised ego because he/she chooses to be ignorant to the product and or the way warranty /esp works.
They wont void your warranty if they you don't want them to do a recall like the rocker box guy. And cd doors just dont fall off/you know who you are.
Why do people think that they've been raised to a new level just because they buy a Harley? Will it make you cool ? Only in your head. All dealerships are in competition with one another. Just because we have the same sign out front dose not mean anything and that's why some dealers offer different services then others, like pick ups, deliveries, drive in appointments, scheduled appointments. And if you think one of the technicians are going to call you, think again that's what the service advisor is for. You new bees think that your new bike comes with no hassles or problems, boy were you wrong. We know when someone messes something up then claims it's warranty, give me a break. No one is perfect even H-D and there employees and yes there are many ignorant employees out there but if you educate your self on your ride odds of having agood experience are better. And if you don't even know what yourtire presser should be or where the oil goes you should not be on a bike in the first place. I know what riding does for me and looking cool was not the reason I started riding unlike many here. Learn your bike, give her a name, read your warranty paper work, get a service manual and stop crying because you choose not to educate your self. And one last thing, if it says Harley Davidson its going to be expensive but we all know that SO STOP CRYING OR GO METRIC!!!
Something tells me this guy is either a troll or really, really, really out of touch. If he takes this attitude to work with him, I pity the fools who've bought bikes from his dealership.

Old 11-18-2007, 08:36 AM
Bear64
Banned
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I guess I'm very blessed with a good dealer and a good tech. that works on my bikes,,,one of the service writers is truly dumber then a box of rocks, but if you know your bike, and know a little about it, it really helps to be able to talk to somebody with a little knowledge..if in doubt about the service writers abilities, ask to speak to the service manager, and to the tech. that is going to work on your bike. some things just do happen to a bike that is ridden, light bulbs can and will fail at any time, 3 months after you buy your bike, although still on warranty they are not going to replace the bulb free, at the least they will charge for the bulb, probably not the labor..paint flaking is a problem?? wear from chaps or your pants isn't a warranty problem..my riding style causes me to rub on the gas tank, hench I have scuff marks on it, not a problem for the warranty dept. there is always the choice to make, if you know your right? then ask the service writer to get the service manager, if he don't make you happy ask for the shop manager. BUT, one thing here, try to control your temper, its not always good to start off with a bad attuide...Some out there truly do not know there bike well enough to know for sure what is wrong, thats why you ask to speak to a tech..explain it to him, IF you do not like the Techs response ask for another, it is your money that your going to spend..sometimes it is damn near impossible to make some customers happy, try not to be one of them, yes you do deserve the very best when it comes to your ride. once you find a good dealer, good tech, go back to them, Techs make their money on good customers, repeat customers, like I said I go right to the service manger or even right to the tech. after I tell the tech sometimes he will tell the service writer what to write up..thats so he will know in his own words just what it is that is wrong.. there is a lot of things that we as customers can do that will make it a more pleasant thing to go to the dealer..But always remember this, the dealer is there to make money, if you walk in and tell him I can get this cheaper someplace else, tires I seem to remember, he probably will not drop his price, on the other hand he might, if he doesn't don't get angry, its business, go buy your tires someplace else, but then don't be a jerk and come back and ask him to mount them for you, as a dealer I would tell you no, get them mounted where you buy them..I know some guys that do buy mail order tires cheaper then the dealer sells them, but they also mount them themselves or they pay a Indy shop to mount them..if your truly unhappy with your dealer, look for another one then..but perhaps what you really need to consider is "am I being un-reasonable here"? and no I'm not a dealer, and I'm no longer a wrench, but I was and I have heard it all when I was working at a shop..oh, one more thing here, there are truly bad dealers and service writers, and techs out there, just YOU be smart enough to know is it them?? or me??

Old 11-18-2007, 08:45 AM
fireman9513
Road Captain

I bought a 2005 1200 custom sportster on june 28th of this year.
I took it back several times because of excessive valvetrain noise.
The service writer treated me like I was stupid, told me to change fluids to synthetic and that it would quiet it down, never even listened to or rode the bike.
Now here I am a cleancut guy talking to a big burly tatooed real macho fat true Harley guy so I couldnt possibly know what I was talking about.
I am trained in the small engine industry and kholer engines use the same style valve train set up as a harley engine.
We had lifter problems in the early 90's on some engines.
back on point, I had enough of this jerk and didnt go back to the dealer, then one day the wife and I went for a 100 mole ride and when we get back the bike is blowing blue smoke, I take it in and the valve seals are shot.
The bike has less then 5000 miles.
That writer is no longer there and the new guy takes care of me with no problems at all.
The old writer was let go for the same shitty type attitude your displaying.
You let your boss get enough complaints about you and you a$$ will be history also and you will have no one to blame but you ignorant self!

Old 11-18-2007, 08:47 AM
DougsDyna
Banned

[sm=boosign.gif][sm=forgetit.gif][sm=huh.gif][sm=icon_blah.gif]Oh, like complaining it took 2 years and 18500 miles to get the nuetralswitch SAFETY recall done, and the primary tranny bearing replaced (after it finally wrecked the whole tranny). Or maybe pointing out the paint is peeling off the master cylinder cover (2 months old), and the service manager just tries to sell ya a chrome one.............. Yea, some of us just complain tooooooooo much!![sm=boohoo.gif]

Noneof these things issues were out of the ordinary for any vehicle............. The response from the dealership was a **** poor excuse for service.

Is it too much to ask from a parts counter guy to call you, when that $1000 or so worth of parts you ordered arrive, etc..............[sm=sigh.gif][sm=smiley21.gif]

Since HD markets their product as the best, maybe the customer is expecting decent service from the dealerships.

Just sayin

DougJ

Old 11-18-2007, 09:03 AM
sharknu
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

LIL MIKE....here let me take your brand new $25,000 motorcycle and put a couple scratches in the front of the gas tank and see how you like it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! There is a reason people complain!!!!!!
Sharknu

Old 11-18-2007, 09:07 AM
electaRICK
Extreme HDF Member
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

man-O-man,,,, what we got here,,, is a bunch of long winded typists!!
lol

Old 11-18-2007, 09:16 AM
sleepman54
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Out of over 47,000 users on this forum why is it hard to believe that some people have had bad experiences at dealerships? Just from reading your post I would gather that there are several people out there who would complain about the service you provide, if in fact you do work at a dealership. I think I smell a troll who's missing their GED. [8D]

Old 11-18-2007, 09:19 AM
Bear64
Banned

ORIGINAL: electaRICK

man-O-man,,,, what we got here,,, is a bunch of long winded typists!!
lol
its Sunday and I'm bored.

Quick Reply: Bad dealer posts!!!