General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What with the "send me a donation" signature

Search this Thread

Old 11-16-2007, 08:40 PM
balley
Elite HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: What with the "send me a donation" signature

ORIGINAL: darkside

ORIGINAL: TxHarleyGuy2007

ORIGINAL: balleysgirl

GlidemanI dont know who you are or who you think you are starting a thread and asking questions that have nothing to do with you what so ever!!! It is none of your business why we are raising money on our own
Temperments aside on what is obviously an extremely sensitive issue - but Glideman (and anyone else for that matter) has absolutely EVERY right to ask what they perceive to be legitimate questions surrounding the open solicitation of proposed personal funds. Anytime anyone solicits donations, theymay besubject (and should be evenly prepared for) to inquiry. They should not 'lash out' at anyone who dares question them surrounding same. I myself have received solicitations via PM surrounding this very cause. My personal opinions notwithstanding,but don'tthose in receipt of said solicitation for monies have some right to put forth a valid inquiry as to the what's, where's, and why's? If people don't want to contribute, that's one thing. But they should not be slandered for asking questions surrouding the deal either. Lastly, I wish your son and your family nothing short of the best. This, from a financial, health, and spiritual standpoint. Just my .02.
We should call Guiness about this freak of nature. Ive never seen a thread with two AZZHOLESUntil now
Texasharley and Glideman?

Old 11-16-2007, 08:43 PM
GasCan
Outstanding HDF Member

Hey darkside. F*ck you! Period!

Old 11-16-2007, 08:44 PM
darkside
Banned
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Didn't come out right the first time PM sent

Old 11-16-2007, 08:46 PM
darkside
Banned

ORIGINAL: GlideMan

Thanks for the offer. I,m flattered butI,m actually one of the guys from Cali that doesn't swing that way. Thanks though

Old 11-16-2007, 08:49 PM
ScooterHD69
Cruiser

ORIGINAL: GlideMan

I thought you left this thread?

Old 11-16-2007, 08:51 PM
balley
Elite HDF Member

Ok, I am not going to say much, sorry if me and the wife sounded too harsh, we are going through alot. Anytime anyone has questions, contact us. We have not problem with answering. That is why our info is out there. Thanks all for your help. God Bless you all and ride safe. My son is of the most importance and i will spend my time working on his case. Glideman, if you have any info to forward let me know. Contact info on the site. www.cudf.org.
I wish this would not turn into a battle on the thread.
Ride Safe All,
Keith Alley

Old 11-16-2007, 08:55 PM
turtleman57
Road Captain

WTF is wrong with you people. Please stop it now. If you want to donate, do so. If not let it be. This family has enough problems. My heart and prayers go out to your family at this time. And even more so to the few that need justification.

Old 11-16-2007, 09:04 PM
mojojones
Road Warrior
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

My prayers go out for Douglas Ray and his tireless parents. My family know the horrors of a sick child also. My sister's youngest daughter has a rare neurological condition called "Batten's Disease". It unfortunately is ALWAYS fatal. My neice is somewhat fortunate that her body makes a small amount of the missing enzyme and it has beenslower progressing. My sister is tireless in her efforts to raise money for the Batten Foundation though it will probably be too late for her child. It is extremely rare, and because of this,pharmaceutical companies have no interest in funding research as there would be no payoff from finding a treatment; there would be just too few patients. The government has no interest in funding research for a disease that only affectsa handful of children in the world.......and who usually die as infants or toddlers.
The good news is that parents of these children have done like Douglas Ray's parents and taken it upon themselves to do anything they can and raise their own funding for research.
My neice, Taylor, has been chosen to receive experimental stem cell replacement therapy in January. It is risky, and my sister is scared.......my brother is a neurosurgeon andhas advised my sister that this is Taylor's best chance.....no mater the risk.

Balley and Balleysgirl: keep the faith and keep on fighting........yours will be a happy tale in the end.

To learn about Taylor and her fight, go to www.taylorstale.com

information is the first step in the fight!

Old 11-16-2007, 09:08 PM
balleysgirl
Tourer

ORIGINAL: mojojones

My prayers go out for Douglas Ray and his tireless parents. My family know the horrors of a sick child also. My sister's youngest daughter has a rare neurological condition called "Batten's Disease". It unfortunately is ALWAYS fatal. My neice is somewhat fortunate that her body makes a small amount of the missing enzyme and it has beenslower progressing. My sister is tireless in her efforts to raise money for the Batten Foundation though it will probably be too late for her child. It is extremely rare, and because of this,pharmaceutical companies have no interest in funding research as there would be no payoff from finding a treatment; there would be just too few patients. The government has no interest in funding research for a disease that only affectsa handful of children in the world.......and who usually die as infants or toddlers.
The good news is that parents of these children have done like Douglas Ray's parents and taken it upon themselves to do anything they can and raise their own funding for research.
My neice, Taylor, has been chosen to receive experimental stem cell replacement therapy in January. It is risky, and my sister is scared.......my brother is a neurosurgeon andhas advised my sister that this is Taylor's best chance.....no mater the risk.

Balley and Balleysgirl: keep the faith and keep on fighting........yours will be a happy tale in the end.

To learn about Taylor and her fight, go to www.taylorstale.com

information is the first step in the fight!

I am so sorry to such a horrible story. My thoughts and prayers go out to Taylor and her family! Remember God works miracles.

Old 11-16-2007, 09:12 PM
balley
Elite HDF Member

mojojones, I sent a pm.

Quick Reply: What with the "send me a donation" signature