General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What with the "send me a donation" signature

Search this Thread

Old 11-16-2007, 04:53 PM
GasCan
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: What with this "send me a donation" signature

Just read the link Annubis posted. Did not understand that Terry (Admin) had already checked this out. Without knowing of that post, I assumed this guy was looking for handouts. It's better knowing andunderstanding it was already supported with a thread and admin approval. Never knew that thread existed. Perhaps that link should be posted in his signature so others don't draw misconceptions.

Good luck with your little guys operations. Glad it's not something life threatening as was stated in someones post above. I have 2 little guys myself, 7 months and 3 years, and one has also endured 3 surgeries so yes, I understand very much what this is all about, especially after reading the thread from Anubiss. Thanks for that.

Old 11-16-2007, 04:58 PM
Rides2007Harley
Road Warrior
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

ORIGINAL: GlideMan

Just read the link Annubis posted. Did not understand that Terry (Admin) had already checked this out. Without knowing of that post, I assumed this guy was looking for handouts. It's better knowing andunderstanding it was already supported with a thread and admin approval. Never knew that thread existed. Perhaps that link should be posted in his signature so others don't draw misconceptions.

Good luck with your little guys operations. Glad it's not something life threatening as was mis-stated by someones post above.
I can't speak because I don't know all the facts but the child (Douglas) has numerous conditions and some of them the insurance will pay for and others they won't. I do know that his father put his Sportster up for sale on another board to help his son and that was enough for me to dig a little deeper.

No harm done GlideMan, maybe this thread will generate a few more donations.

Old 11-16-2007, 04:59 PM
floydpink
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm sure everyone's intentions are good.

I just read Anubiss' sig line and had a flashback to aGrateful Dead show and forget the song it's from, but remember seeing Bob Weir perform it in an altered state. Sorry to veer off topic.

Old 11-16-2007, 06:12 PM
jbphoto
Road Warrior
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

ORIGINAL: Rides2007Harley

Good luck with your little guys operations. Glad it's not something life threatening as was mis-stated by someones post above.
I can't speak because I don't know all the facts but the child (Douglas) has numerous conditions and some of them the insurance will pay for and others they won't. I do know that his father put his Sportster up for sale on another board to help his son and that was enough for me to dig a little deeper.

No harm done GlideMan, maybe this thread will generate a few more donations.
Yep, it did Rides. Just wrote out my check and there'll be more to come.

Old 11-16-2007, 06:18 PM
DocHarley
Outstanding HDF Member
Default RE: What with the "send me a donation" signature

deleted thread as it appears many have taken my comment out of context.

No flame intended.

Good idea. This one could have ended up very ugly.

But at the same time, Thanks for reminding me, I need to make another donation.

https://www.hdforums.com/m_2369137/tm.htm

Old 11-16-2007, 06:33 PM
balley
Elite HDF Member

deleted thread as it appears many have taken my comment out of context.

No flame intended.
It is my son.if you need some justification, PM Terry or ******, ask them about Douglas, they have seen pics. Read his story at the website. I hope you would do the same for your child or children. God Bless You.
Keith Alley

Old 11-16-2007, 06:34 PM
balley
Elite HDF Member

Thank you docharley. I will give you a call and an update on Douglas when we get to NY.

Old 11-16-2007, 06:39 PM
DocHarley
Outstanding HDF Member

ORIGINAL: balley

Thank you docharley. I will give you a call and an update on Douglas when we get to NY.
Good luckmy brother.

Old 11-16-2007, 06:44 PM
HeatherC
Extreme HDF Member
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Yes all has been check out by admin. I myself have spoken to Keith and his wife on the telephone. I know if it were my kid I wouldn't hesistate to use every resourse I could find to raise the money.

Keith, is the $3600 still accurate. If so that's just not good enough. Come on people....dig a little deeper.

Old 11-16-2007, 06:45 PM
GasCan
Outstanding HDF Member

Balley,

I am curious, but aren't there Charitible Organizations that will help with your cause? I know I have personally crossed paths with a pilot that works for some special group that flys kids around that USA for such types of specialty operations where the parents or guardians can't foot the bill, and I know there are many philantrophists that often donate funds to secure operations for children? Have you approached these groups or the Shriners to see if they can offset your costs rather than you trying to raise it personally? How about your local church or religious group?

Just curious as to why you have to raise all the funds yourself? I have seen many children with special requirements flown around the world for specialty operations including doctors volunteering for such cases when such a condition exists? What groups have you approached and what have they said to date?

Quick Reply: What with the "send me a donation" signature