General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Test riding a Boss Hoss Trike...

Search this Thread

Old 11-12-2007, 08:56 AM
97FXSTSB
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 39 Likes on 12 Posts
Default RE: Test riding a Boss Hoss Trike...

Did you test ride the Can-Am Spyder too? Jus wondering.

Old 11-12-2007, 09:01 AM
electaRICK
Extreme HDF Member
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

bluerose,,, I'm thinkin your goin in the wrong direction here,,,,,,
havnt you seen them 4 wheeled "scooters" for the elderly , toolin down the sidewalks on TV ads??

just a thought!?
lol

Old 11-12-2007, 12:57 PM
steveh326
Road Warrior
Received 143 Likes on 61 Posts

ORIGINAL: 97FXSTSB

I test rode the CanAm Spyder in Daytona this year... had to watch a 10 minute video, pass a breathalyzer, and pass a parking lot cone course to demonstrate you could handle the thing before they would let you out on the streets with traffic. PITA but they were a lot of fun... the snowmobile roots on that thing were very evident, but they were fast and powerful and fun.

I test rode a Boss Hoss trike last year... man I hated that thing. Came to a sharp curve in the road, wasn't sure I could get the handlebars hauled around to make the turn... damn thing just wanted to go straight. Not sure if all trikes are like that (the CanAm wasn't but the wheels are backwards on it) or just the boss hoss... but I didn't care for that at all.

I also rode the Boss Hoss bikes, now those I DID like... handled better than I thought they would. I have limited experience with Boss Hoss owners, but based on my experiences at rally's and such, it seems like the potential buyer has to pass an ******* prerequisite test before they will actually sell them one.

Old 11-12-2007, 01:24 PM
Bluerose

ORIGINAL: steveh326

ORIGINAL: 97FXSTSB

I test rode the CanAm Spyder in Daytona this year... had to watch a 10 minute video, pass a breathalyzer, and pass a parking lot cone course to demonstrate you could handle the thing before they would let you out on the streets with traffic. PITA but they were a lot of fun... the snowmobile roots on that thing were very evident, but they were fast and powerful and fun.

I test rode a Boss Hoss trike last year... man I hated that thing. Came to a sharp curve in the road, wasn't sure I could get the handlebars hauled around to make the turn... damn thing just wanted to go straight. Not sure if all trikes are like that (the CanAm wasn't but the wheels are backwards on it) or just the boss hoss... but I didn't care for that at all.

I also rode the Boss Hoss bikes, now those I DID like... handled better than I thought they would. I have limited experience with Boss Hoss owners, but based on my experiences at rally's and such, it seems like the potential buyer has to pass an ******* prerequisite test before they will actually sell them one.
Didn't ride the CanAm Spyder. Had folks that didn't have time to go through the 45 minute gaunlet they had to ride the spyder....we sat in front of thier video (which was more then 10 minutes) found out it would be a 45 minute thing just to go on the ride and figured we had better things to do.

Sooo...just ended up riding the Boss Hoss and the Ultra Glide. Harley just gave us the bikes and said "Bye" Dinger, Anubisss and I had a great ride. I didn't see the SE Ultra until I got back from the ride.....I would have taken that one . Later in the day they were leading rides because thier direction signs went missing and ppl were getting lost.....[&:]

I agree with the ride on the Boss Hoss Trike.....not for me due to handling and suspension...if that is the way all trikes ride I would be inclined to stay away from them.

Old 11-12-2007, 03:49 PM
jbnl163
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I've been following Boss Hoss bikes and trikes for a couple of years now. I've noticed, upon close inspection, lot's of imperfections. I went into the shop area at the Harbor City, CA dealer and saw a custom trike being prepped for a lady in Arizona. I pointed out several tiny cracks in the brand new body. I don't think they want me back there anymore.

Old 11-12-2007, 05:22 PM
VetteSiNz
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

LS2 powered trike ... wow at least 400 hp. It's must be a corvette engine. I wonder why you said the trottle is very touchy.[8D]

Old 11-12-2007, 05:28 PM
Dinger
Road Master

They were very particular as to anyone test riding any ofthe LS2 bikes! I was disappointed when they told me NO. But it didn't last long, once hopped ona standard 350 bike andgoosed thethrottlea few times.....

I don't even think the feeling of an airliner spooling up for takeoff had the same thrust. There were moments I thought I was going to splat myself into the back of a truck.......like a bug on the windshield!

Old 11-12-2007, 05:30 PM
anubisss
Banned
Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts

I'm the reason we left the Spyder test ride area. Had a hot date...

Old 11-12-2007, 05:36 PM
Dinger
Road Master

Oh well, ignore this reply...the photo didn't work...[:'(]

Old 11-12-2007, 06:35 PM
Comfortably Numb
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Uh....I'll pass, but thanks anyway.
The day I need a trike will be the day I stop riding.

CN

Quick Reply: Test riding a Boss Hoss Trike...