General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

If you're thinking about buying an FXRG jacket...

Search this Thread

Old 11-08-2007 | 12:04 PM
OldBoldPilot
|
Club Member
Veteran: Marine Corp
Riders Club Member
Default If you're thinking about buying an FXRG jacket...

Let me be clear: This is not a plug for a vendor, or the opening for a debate on the relative virtues of made-in-the-USA vs. made elsewhere, or FXRG vs. Fox Creek. It is intended to be a public service message for those who want that jacket and have been put off by the cost (MSRP $595 +tax).

I bought one yesterday from St. Paul HD for $459 + shipping. If you call (877-738-2168) and ask for Ken, and do the deal over the phone rather than on their eBay store, he'll also cut you a deal on shipping ($10 to Los Angeles). This is the best price I have seen for a brand new FXRG, including Zanotti and other discount sellers.

Absolutely zero affiliation with the vendor.

Hope this helps someone stay warm this winter.

Old 11-08-2007 | 12:35 PM
guitarman777
Road Captain
Default RE: If you're thinking about buying an FXRG jacket...

This is why I like this Forum... bikers helping bikers. Thanks for the connection, Pilot!

Old 11-08-2007 | 12:51 PM
kjmorgan
Road Captain

Still too expensive for my tasteconsidering all the other options out there.

Old 11-08-2007 | 01:03 PM
azhole
Road Master

Must have personal assistant, female, to help me put it on and take it off to pay that price. Does it come with one?

BTW I've found that if you're a dumb a$$ you should buy a jacket with metal zippers and not plastic/nylon, cause the non-metal ones like to melt when they touch the pipe, and then they don't zip past that point anymore, soooooo, take it for what it's worth. I told the salesgirl I didn't like plastic zips but that was all they had in the gun pocket jacket. I'll have to have it modified, so maybe I'm a fool for not paying to begin with, and maybe not.

Old 11-08-2007 | 01:05 PM
Drew
Tourer

ORIGINAL: azhole

Must have personal assistant, female, to help me put it on and take it off to pay that price. Does it come with one?

No, but it is made in China

I looked at one last week at the local dealer. Phooey!

Old 11-08-2007 | 01:07 PM
R1Geezrglide
Road Warrior

My last HD jacket I bought 14 years ago cost 400$. The FXRG jacket is the first jacket I've seen that might make me retire my old one. It is very well thought out and well made-a damn fine jacket. JMO....

Old 11-08-2007 | 02:17 PM
davewear
Road Warrior

great jacket, mine's been road tested and shows the scars but no scars on me throw the liner in there, t-shirt and a heated vest and i'm good for high 30's F.

Old 11-08-2007 | 02:25 PM
tjbintz
Cruiser

I've had many jackets but the FXRG has been one that has kept me the warmest in the coldest temps in the winter. This will be the 4th year I've had the coat and the only drawbacks are the cheap rubber stupid zipper pulls that break. Fortunately the FXRG has a 5 year warranty and they replaced all the zipper pulls with metal ones.

Yes it's expensive, but when you ride in cold temps expense is next to nothing compared to warmth.

Old 11-08-2007 | 02:26 PM
GTK
Ultimate HDF Member

Thanks for the tip,I don't have the funds now,but will keep that number for the future if they might be selling that low again.

Old 11-08-2007 | 02:37 PM
cderider
Cruiser

Take a look at JoeRocket jackets, they used to make stuff for HD and are way cheaper. I don't sell anything BTW.

Quick Reply: If you're thinking about buying an FXRG jacket...