General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Iggerant Drivers

Search this Thread

Old 11-07-2007, 08:42 PM
pococj
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 1,296 Likes on 483 Posts
Default Iggerant Drivers

The work-week is 3 days old. I've had 3 close calls, one on each day. Monday, a Daingerfield, TX coppulled out in front of me. I had to go left of center to avoid. Tuesday, a Daingerfield cop (not the same one) almost pulled out into me. At least this one saw me at the last second and stopped. Both these were in the morning on my way to work.

Tonight on the way home (in Daingerfield again - go figure!) a woman got impatient because she was behind a pickup/trailer moving too slow to suit her. She almost pulled into me and I had to slide over, but couldn't go too far because of oncoming traffic. She got back into her lane, slowed down, then got behind me. Next time I glanced in my mirrors all I could see was both outside edges of her front fenders. She was so close to my butt I couldn't even see her! I sped up to get some room, lightly squeezed the brake handle to light the brake lamp, then eased off the throttle to slow down. She zoomed up my butt again, so Iflickered the brake lightuntil she backed off. She eased into the right lane, got up alongside me, but had to slow back down 'cause of another car. When I cleared that car i slid into the right lane, she whipped into the left, shot past me doing well above 80 (I was doing a tad over the limit at about 72), then got back into the right lane. Guess what's next? Yep, she slowed down to 60, 10 below the limit. I passed her and saw her Texas personalized plates - "I am a Realtor" BUYME. (She was good lookin' in an overly-made-up-I'm-a-bleached-blonde-realtor typeway, but I thought it was illegal to ***** yourself in Texas!)

I was about 1/4 mile ahead of her going into the next town, dropping down as the limit dropped. I got back into the left lane as I always do in town, and saw her coming up on me again. She shot past in the right lane and I sped up just to see how fast she was runnin'. We're now in a 40 zone but I hit 75 and paced her for a second or two, then backed off to the limit. When I got to the light she was right in front of me, LOL. She was now behind a loaded log truck, a loaded cattle truck, and a couple other vehicles, and the street was now 2-lane the rest of the way through town.

We sashayed throu town at the 35 limit or below, having to stop several times as cars turned off. I read her company name and her name printed on the back of her SUV. We parted company at the far side of town.

Hope she made it to wherever she was goin' without whackin' anybody.

I e-mailed her company.

Old 11-07-2007, 08:46 PM
Doug45601
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Iggerant Drivers

Getting later in the year and most arn't on the alert for bikers.

Old woman nearly hit me and I was setting still at a light and she was left turning and cut the corner so close... a few inches more and I would have left a tire mark on her door!

Got cut off by a big Jeep on the interstate lane change games.. whew.... Some people just don't get it!

Old 11-07-2007, 09:01 PM
shoptroll
Banned
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I had the Short Bus pull out in front of me today! The guy drove like he should have been a passenger!

Old 11-07-2007, 09:14 PM
madden23
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

some days(weeks) are just bad, goes with the territory.

Old 11-07-2007, 09:36 PM
Coaster
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

lol... love your posts

Old 11-08-2007, 04:18 AM
Chopperz
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Iggerant?

Old 11-08-2007, 05:33 AM
deadman77
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 138 Likes on 89 Posts

Was she drinkin coffee and writing while on the phone too?

Damn realtors.

MikeM

Old 11-08-2007, 05:58 AM
pococj
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 1,296 Likes on 483 Posts

ORIGINAL: Chopperz

Iggerant?
A word from a Texas Aggie joke book I read back in the '70s. It was in the line, "He's so iggerant he spells Jesus with a small g."

Old 11-08-2007, 06:17 AM
Mikey 1450
Road Master
Received 32 Likes on 26 Posts

I'll bet when she arrived at her destination, she was telling her co workers about all the crazy drivers she had to contend with on her way to work. You may have been mentioned as well. lol

Old 11-08-2007, 09:20 AM
oldgeezer
Grand HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Skip, if you had some chrome on your bike, you'd be more vizzable so iggerant drivers would see you more better.

Quick Reply: Iggerant Drivers