General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Iggerant Drivers

Search this Thread

Old 11-08-2007, 09:24 AM
aviator
Elite HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Default RE: Iggerant Drivers

ORIGINAL: oldgeezer

Skip, if you had some chrome on your bike, you'd be more vizzable so iggerant drivers would see you more better.
now that's funny.......

Old 11-08-2007, 11:09 AM
Rebel Ryder
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

seems that Daingerfield is pretty dangerous and living up to its name.

Old 11-08-2007, 06:51 PM
pococj
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 1,296 Likes on 483 Posts

Skip, if you had some chrome on your bike, you'd be more vizzable so iggerant drivers would see you more better.

Heck, I was ridin' THE MAMA's Nightster! It has shiny pipes, and shiny spokes. Don't that count?

Besides, I'm 6'2", weigh 240, and was wearin' leathers. All that fat, meat, and hide oughtta be at least a little visible!

Old 11-09-2007, 09:22 AM
oldgeezer
Grand HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

ORIGINAL: pococj

Heck, I was ridin' THE MAMA's Nightster! It has shiny pipes, and shiny spokes. Don't that count?

Besides, I'm 6'2", weigh 240, and was wearin' leathers. All that fat, meat, and hide oughtta be at least a little visible!
So you finally broke down and bought her an HD. Still have the Savage?

Old 11-09-2007, 09:57 AM
nilro
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Being from Texas I speak from experience. These guys buy their wives HUGE SUVs (Hummers, Suburbans, Yukon XLs) and they are used to smaller cars. It sometimes feel like playing frogger when your out there on the road. But, a lot of them are going back to cars now because of the better fuel mileage.

Maybe that's the reason for the higher gas prices. The government might have got this one right.

Old 11-09-2007, 12:23 PM
pococj
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 1,296 Likes on 483 Posts

Yep, still have it. Sounds like a frog fartin' in a blast furnace with that 650 one-lunger poppin' out a Jardine header!

Old 11-09-2007, 01:15 PM
oldgeezer
Grand HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Yep, still have it. Sounds like a frog fartin' in a blast furnace with that 650 one-lunger poppin' out a Jardine header!
[/quote]

We had one for a while and it was a blast to ride. Oddly enough, a Harley slip on would work for the pipe. Loved the old "thumper".

Old 11-09-2007, 01:54 PM
cbigbie191
Road Master

I put a high intensity headlight bulb in and have been cut off much less lately.

Old 11-09-2007, 07:55 PM
UH60Hwkdrvr
Road Captain
Received 64 Likes on 16 Posts

I agree: It comes with the territory. We can't educate all the "iggerant" driver's about safe vehicle operation when it comes to motorcycles. Too many folks get all worked up about near misses, that it takes the enjoyment out of riding. Not to mention, the years added to your life, from all the stress and anger they seem to create. Just take a deep breath, accept the fact that you are invisible and thank God your defensive riding skills kept you safe.

Enjoy!

Michael

Old 11-09-2007, 09:32 PM
rkrescue
4th Gear

Daingerfield Texas.

I was coming through this fine town one evening a few years ago working my way towards Longivew for thenite. Been dark about one hour and the day was long. With my friend several bikes ahead of me I noticed a car coming towards us showering sparks off the pavement. The scene looked like something that you see on the TV show COPS after all the tires are gone and running on the rims. Highway was dark and out of the nite and ahead of the car comes the front transaxle, half shaft, tire and wheel across the highway at us. This thing was wobbling about 15 miles an hour with the half shaft flailing like a football rolling. That is the hardest I have had to serve to miss something. After it was done I pulled over to catch my breath and take stock. Oh yeah, the people in the car pulled into the Dairy Queen, got out and were standing at the counter to order something when I drove off. I am sure they are very careful drivers and were heavily insured, just needed a DQ Dude.

Quick Reply: Iggerant Drivers