General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Dissatisfied with Harleys

Search this Thread

Old 11-06-2007, 08:29 PM
kingk9
Banned
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Dissatisfied with Harleys

I am fairly new to this forum, but have noticed a surprising number of people post here that sing the praises of other bikes over the Harleys that they say they own. Some of these people have posts in the 100s, and some in the thousands. Discounting the idiots that sign up just to stir up sh*t because thay get aroused by doing it, I really don't understand the motivation of the others. I would never come to a Harley forum and bitch about Harleys. Wouldn't even cross my mind. If I was pissed about my bike I would bitch to the dealer, Harley Davidson, or myself for buying the wrong bike. I wouldn't come to a place where presumably most love their Harleys and bitch there. They dinagrate the styling, the sound, the lack of speed, the manuverability, the cost, and proclaim that almost any other brand of bike is much better. Why announce to 50,000 people that you just spent a sh*tload of money on something you don't even like? I really am fasinated by this. I'm just not smart enough to understand it. I'll probably get incinerated for posting this, but I'd really like to understand what would motivate people to do this, and then continue to do it for months.

Old 11-06-2007, 08:36 PM
carpetride
Elite HDF Member
Received 24 Likes on 18 Posts
Default RE: Dissatisfied with Harleys

[sm=violin.gif]

[sm=popcorn.gif]

Old 11-06-2007, 08:41 PM
madden23
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Who knows, I love my Harley, I spent a lot of time and money getting it to where I wanted it, no complaints, I had fun doing it. My wife commented the other day, "You never spent this much time on your other bikes, what's the difference?" My answer, "They were not Harleys." Actually she was satisfied with that answer, god bless her! Peace.

Old 11-06-2007, 08:42 PM
CSI
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts

Would help if ya could provide a link to one of the offending threads.

Old 11-06-2007, 08:45 PM
Mac57
Road Warrior

Some people are not satisfied just hearing themselves bitch, they have to see it in print too. I simply ignore them.
I have never been as happy with a bike as I've been with my Electra Glide.The dated styling and overall archaic design of the bike is exactly what I love about it. Some riders are techno junkies. To each his own.

Old 11-06-2007, 08:47 PM
Firecap501
Former Sponsor
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have owned other bikes, and I now own a Harley and I love it to death. I love working on my bike and making it mine. All makes of bikes have their own problems go to the metric sights and you will find guys bitching about thier bike, and the dealers, so now go TROLL else where

Old 11-06-2007, 08:50 PM
SPRINGER
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 3,270 Likes on 1,976 Posts

I agree, can you do so?
ORIGINAL: CSI Topeka

Old 11-06-2007, 08:50 PM
Roses
Road Captain

Some people are never satisfied with anything. Then others, are only happy when they are B1tching. And last but not least...some people buy things just to belong to a particular group they find appealing. They do not really understand what it is they want so they will never be happy with the object that was a means to an end and not the end itself.

Old 11-06-2007, 08:51 PM
kingk9
Banned
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Not threads, posts. I'm not offended, just curious.

Old 11-06-2007, 09:00 PM
marcss
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Constructive criticisism is a good thing. Who knows, maybe Harley R & D people are checking out this site! Nothing is perfect, and a little ranting or venting is a good thing. But bitching just to bitch., I don't see that much of it here directed to Harley's generally. It's pretty much a Harley loving crowd for the most part.. me included. Vent on rant of ranting over..

Quick Reply: Dissatisfied with Harleys