General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

HD verses Victory

Search this Thread

Old 05-13-2008 | 01:55 PM
simpkins
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: HD verses Victory

people posting about regretting a H-D purchase????

I have not seen one of these

Old 05-13-2008 | 02:32 PM
wbogley
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Victory is a fine machine, however theyare priced over HDs. The vision is priced above all the HD touring bikes, and the Hammer and kingpin are the same or over the Dyna and Softails.

Old 05-13-2008 | 02:49 PM
schumacher
Club Member
Received 15 Likes on 12 Posts

There's only one Rolex

Old 05-13-2008 | 03:04 PM
RoadKingRon1
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

ORIGINAL: steveg56

Here's where we have to be carful. Asking people on an HD forum about another bike brand is going to be bias to say the least. I have had 9 Harley's over the years and have just now started to take notice of the Victory as a possible purchase. I came here to see If I could find some information and educate myself on a newer (victory) company that has limited resources available. I agree, that the dealer support and resale might be an issue, but that could be a blessing too. More local dealerships equals more spent on chrome. I find when I purchase a new Harley, I have to spend a ton of money on parts just to get it to look different from the other 10 in the parking lot outside. At least with the new victory's I have seen, there isn't much to do as far as zesting it up, it's got most of it stock! Don't get me wrong, my next bike might be a Harley again, and I'm ok with that as I love them just like most of you here. I just feel Harley needs to step up in dressing up their stockers better for the price they are charging.

One other note, and I don't know how to say this respectfully. When you ask MOST Harley guys their opinions of the new modern looking Victorys (Jackpot) take their answers with a grain of salt, as some of those answering are still driving 78 Trans-ams with a giant Eagle tattoo'd across the hood.

And what might you drive? 10 to 1 it's Ford.....

Enjoy your victory (scooter) there big boy.....

Old 05-13-2008 | 03:26 PM
Billy.Drennan
Intermediate

Who gives a S$%t about victory vs. Harley. Clearly the folks here chose Harley.

I like all bikes. I just like MY Harley better. If you have a Harley and regret your purchase, sell it and move on. If you like victories better, great buy one. I'll still wave at ya on the road. Hell, I wave a Vespas when I see them.

As for what is made in America vs Not Made in America. Many of us would be shocked at what is made where. I don't get too wrapped up about that. I support America with my Harley by buying gear in America, etc... However, I know that Hondas have a lot of American made stuff also and Victories are made in America.

Victories are faster out of the box, yeah. But if I wanted speed I'd buy a Buell. I bought a Harley because I wanted one. I could care less what other folks want, but I respect their/your desires and look forward to riding with you all!

Old 05-13-2008 | 04:50 PM
Gart
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Quote from steve: "as some of those answering are still driving 78 Trans-ams with a giant Eagle tattoo'd across the hood."

I like my car.

[IMG]local://upfiles/56079/02A211DF4319455A9B7220D4F0EE5FDC.jpg[/IMG]

Old 05-13-2008 | 05:41 PM
SIXR
Banned
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Old post but Vic still sucks hind t!t to any HD. Plus they hooked up with Ness[:'(].

Old 05-13-2008 | 06:31 PM
faber
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Sheesh....

A guy working in the US buys an American-made bike from an American-owned dealer. The profits go to the American-managed subsidiary of an international automotive manufacturer, that actually makes more cars/watercraft/ATVs/side-by-sides here than in its "home" country. The American-managed, US-based subsidiary, that also sponsors American riders in national and international racing, does profit-share with the international headquarters. The executives in the home country spend big money on sending their kids to university in America for at least a year, sometimes all four. And they also spend serious coin to go on ski vacations here and to major American theme parks (Disney World, etc.). Their kids spend money on US-designer jeans like True Religion and US products like iPods and PS3 games from US companies. These execs also probably ride motorcycles of their own brand, but wear full leathers bought from the Japan-based subsidiary of a small Portland, OR custom motorcycle leather supplier. They get their bikes fixed with parts made in Mexico, shipped to the US and across it by American trucking, and then distributed back to the home country by their own US subsidiary.

Until Honda recently shut down its motorcycle production in the US, this was the scenario for most major brands, and still many.

International economics, i.e. macroeconomics, has changed a little since 1939.

Old 05-13-2008 | 07:25 PM
Road Toad
Road Warrior
Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

Well, think what you want, and your all entitled to your opinions, but Victory isn't a bad bike. (except maybe the Vision)(fugly thing)
I have an 07 Ultra, and an 04 Heritage, and an 06 Kingpin. I like all three bikes and they all have there place in my riding. I have to say that the Kingpin is my favorite for my local and one-two day rides. It is quick, handles better, easier maintenance than my Harleys, cost less ( a lot less ). All it took for me was a test ride and I was sold. I like it and that is all that matters to me.
If you don't like what I ride, or wear,,,,,,, DILLIGAF??

Oh, and before someone gives me the link to the VMC forums, save your time, already registered there.

Let the flames begin...

Old 05-13-2008 | 07:30 PM
ILTim
Cruiser

I work in american manufacturing, largely automotive, and I have NEVER seen GM parts produced in america. Ford, Chrysler, Toyota, and Nissan are the biggest american producers in my part of the biz. Sometimes honda, bmw, mitsubishi. If I wanted to "buy american" in a way that supported my co-workers and others in my industry, I'd buy toyota, nissan,or ford (I drive a ford). I don't give a damn about the corporate exec 1%'ers.

Anyway, I don't let that stuff influence my decisions TOO much, its just one of many factors.

Quick Reply: HD verses Victory