General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

HD verses Victory

Search this Thread

Old 11-07-2007 | 08:44 AM
DirtyDave
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: HD verses Victory

I own a customized 91 FXSTS and a Just started customizing 06 Victory 8-Ball.
The fit and finish is no better or worse. I work on my bikes and don't need a dealer for anything. I do love riding my Victory up to the HD dealer for sh%ts and gins and visa versa.
The reason I bought the Vic instead of a second HD is because everybody has or are going to get a Harley. I bought my first HD because it was American made and not everyone had one. In fact people were trying to talk me out of buying one.

Old 11-07-2007 | 08:58 AM
dyna07custom
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Rode a Victory Kingpinwas not at all impressed same opinion as you lousy fit and finish and felt like I was working to ride it. Harley may not be cheap but better value than Victory

Old 11-07-2007 | 09:01 AM
AZdryheat
Road Captain
Received 40 Likes on 20 Posts

My buddy's Vision is getting some mods done and his Victory dealer loaned him an 8-ball and then a Kingpin to ride in the meantime. I've ridden all three bikes now and like them alot: quick, smooth, handle well(I don't like how they look, though, still prefer HD looks). Anybody ever hear of a dealership loaning out bikes while their's was in the shop?

Old 11-07-2007 | 09:40 AM
MNPGRider
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 65 Likes on 51 Posts

[quote]ORIGINAL: AZdryheat

My buddy's Vision is getting some mods done and his Victory dealer loaned him an 8-ball and then a Kingpin to ride in the meantime. I've ridden all three bikes now and like them alot: quick, smooth, handle well(I don't like how they look, though, still prefer HD looks). Anybody ever hear of a dealership loaning out bikes while their's was in the shop?/quote]

Our dealer gives us a demo to take out for dinner, every time we have the bike in for service. The one time they thought they might not get done (when one of their techs went home sick), they would have given us a bike to ride home on.

Old 11-07-2007 | 12:40 PM
chornbe
Road Master
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

ORIGINAL: pip369

I totally agree. I have owned 3 HD's. If HD wasn't around it would be Vic or Indian for me. The only rice grinder I will ride is my dirt bikes. (Are there any american made dirt bikes out there???) Nothing against foriegn street bikesthey are just not for me.

[sm=biker2.gif]
Just a point of fact, there are more foreign-made parts on your Harley than there are on several models of Hondas.

Old 11-07-2007 | 05:17 PM
Candy Azz
Banned
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ORIGINAL: chornbe
Just a point of fact, there are more foreign-made parts on your Harley than there are on several models of Hondas.
And where do all the profits go? Who's economy does the sale of the Honda benefit? Think it through.

Old 11-07-2007 | 06:47 PM
hondo96inch
Cruiser

ORIGINAL: Candy Azz

ORIGINAL: chornbe
And where do all the profits go? Who's economy does the sale of the Honda benefit? Think it through.
And where does all thefactory wage moneypaid to US workers of US made hondas, nissans, toyotas, hyndais, etc get spent? Who's economy benefits?

Old 11-07-2007 | 06:56 PM
Candy Azz
Banned

The worker making $12.00/hr. or the Jap. management making $100,000.00 on up per year? Or maybe the Jap. designers/accountants/HR/Adverrising Dept./etc.? Or maybe the Jap./Chinese steel/aluminum/plastic companies? You tell me.

Old 11-08-2007 | 12:44 PM
azhole
Road Master

I would think that HD management makes every bit as much as the japanese do, and maybe more, and their cost of living is much higher. Not arguing, I was raised union and buy American, but it's the middle man, and packaging and shipping that take alot of the money, not to mention the stealership.
The fact that most of us need some type of add on to make the bike right for us is some that the price doesn't reflect well. I don't know that I'd get a victory if I did change from HD anyway.

Old 05-13-2008 | 01:45 PM
steveg56
Road Captain
Received 75 Likes on 42 Posts

Here's where we have to be carful. Asking people on an HD forum about another bike brand is going to be bias to say the least. I have had 9 Harley's over the years and have just now started to take notice of the Victory as a possible purchase. I came here to see If I could find some information and educate myself on a newer (victory) company that has limited resources available. I agree, that the dealer support and resale might be an issue, but that could be a blessing too. More local dealerships equals more spent on chrome. I find when I purchase a new Harley, I have to spend a ton of money on parts just to get it to look different from the other 10 in the parking lot outside. At least with the new victory's I have seen, there isn't much to do as far as zesting it up, it's got most of it stock! Don't get me wrong, my next bike might be a Harley again, and I'm ok with that as I love them just like most of you here. I just feel Harley needs to step up in dressing up their stockers better for the price they are charging.

One other note, and I don't know how to say this respectfully. When you ask MOST Harley guys their opinions of the new modern looking Victorys (Jackpot) take their answers with a grain of salt, as some of those answering are still driving 78 Trans-ams with a giant Eagle tattoo'd across the hood.

Quick Reply: HD verses Victory