General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

HD verses Victory

Search this Thread

Old 11-05-2007 | 06:18 PM
johnny canuck
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: HD verses Victory

I rode the Cory Ness Limited Edition at Sturgis and it was a blast to ride, sounded greatand looked sharp. If I could steal one I'd put it in the garagebeside my 07 Ultra and ride it when I wanted to be bad and without the wife! Definitely a city bike though, from bar to bar.
I agree, their dealer network, especially in Canada, is a major downside and resale is a real problem. Guess I've talked myself out of the Victory. OK, how about the Kawasaki Concours?

Old 11-05-2007 | 06:58 PM
mid_life_crisis
Tourer

I know this is getting off topic......a friend of mine was involved in a minor accident a few weeks ago and it shook him up and he didnt want to get on the bike and ride it home.....so I drove it for him.
It was a Suzuki Boulevard and its a cruiser bike.....with a winshield and bags.....I ride a sporty and there is noway I would trade bikes lol......felt like my sporty weighed 2 times what the suzuki did and the front end is light and didnt handle like my bike.
Ive driven an Ultra classic and a dyna glide before thoose bikes had about the same feel on the road as my sporty.......quess the plastic changes the feel of the bikes

wayne

Old 11-05-2007 | 07:50 PM
Rides2007Harley
Road Warrior
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Some of the new Victorys look sharp. I have never ridden one but they have made some great improvements in the bikes appearance.

Old 11-05-2007 | 08:02 PM
madden23
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I wish Victory success, would I buy one, no. Never ridden one, never wanted to, couldn't get past their looks. Plus I've always loved Harleys, I'd feel like "cheating" to even ride one. lol. Peace.

Old 11-05-2007 | 10:04 PM
ChromeJunkie
Seasoned HDF Member
Veteran: Navy
Received 4,242 Likes on 1,848 Posts

The only line of Victory's I have seen that I would consider is the Vegas. And with some bitching about the price of HD, the Victory isn't exactly cheap(inexpensive).At $14-18K for the vegas line, they really arentmuch less than the Softail family.

Old 11-05-2007 | 10:08 PM
ImYourHuckleberry
Road Master
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Ride what you want. It's not at all out of the question for me to end up with another V-Max in the future, parked next to my Harley(s).

Old 11-05-2007 | 10:19 PM
IRready
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I owned two Victory's. The dealer support SUKS. Bikes are solid mechanically but don't feel solid under you. I own a HD now and will never look back. HD is a better ride.....Nuff said.......

Old 11-05-2007 | 10:20 PM
modeluxe
Banned

ORIGINAL: 1200babe

I love my HD but recently rode a friends Victory Kingpin and loved the bike. The fit and finish was fabulous- no bumpy welds any where on the frame- all was smoothed out and properly finished off. The guages were easy to read, the bike shifted well and handled great in the mountain twisties. The big motor gave plenty of power going up hill and had rapid acceleration.The Arlene Ness editons are just plain georgeous and all models offer a lot of accessories. I say hooray for choices. I just plain love almost anything on 2 wheels, irregardless of where it is made. I will never be so close minded to think just one brand of bike is the entire world.
Until something truly comparable becomes available, I don't mind being close-minded at all.

Old 11-05-2007 | 10:24 PM
Yellotang
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Victory is the Walmart brand in the American Motorcycle Community. Plus being a metric is absurd.

[align=left] [/align]

Old 11-05-2007 | 10:58 PM
2ForTheRoad
Road Master
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Victory makes this bike......enough said [sm=exactly.gif]

[IMG]local://upfiles/39603/9B098209B38F4767B64BABD11DC584F1.jpg[/IMG]

Quick Reply: HD verses Victory