General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

HD verses Victory

Search this Thread

Old 05-16-2008 | 01:44 PM
hdbiker
Banned
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: HD verses Victory

ORIGINAL: Lopoetve
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fuji_Heavy_Industries

From looking at things, Fuji was their sole supplier of engines till recently, and now is a 60% owner of the engine manufacturing group (Robin).
Fair enough, but there's nothing mentioned there about Victory engines. They're manufactured in Osceola, WI.

Old 05-16-2008 | 02:00 PM
cbigbie191
Road Master

ORIGINAL: bruder

I looked at victory and then did my homework on them,victory is made my polaris which is owned by the fuji corporation,which also ownes suzuki and subaru.they have also issued a major recall on all victories from 2000-2008. I will stay with my harley.
There has been NO recalls at all since 2006. Except for a minor charging issue on the new Vision. And that is only 1 minor recall on a brand new model.

Old 05-16-2008 | 03:44 PM
Lopoetve
Road Master
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

ORIGINAL: hdbiker

From looking at things, Fuji was their sole supplier of engines till recently, and now is a 60% owner of the engine manufacturing group (Robin).
Fair enough, but there's nothing mentioned there about Victory engines. They're manufactured in Osceola, WI.
True.dat, and never said they were. Still looking to try and confirm it, but somehow doesn't seem like it's true.

Old 05-16-2008 | 03:50 PM
06train
Road Warrior

There's a lot of wanna-B's out there. Nun to compare tothe H.D. ...

Old 05-16-2008 | 06:10 PM
IdaSpudSG
Outstanding HDF Member

ORIGINAL: sherif

Not a bad looking bike for $19K. They aren't cheap but it would be a $30K Big Dog or $40K HD. 1640 cc is a pretty big block for a light scoot like that. I'll bet it moves. I'd be open minded to owning one. I believe since they're American made they hold their value like the HD.
You may look a little like Elvis, you may even sound a little like Elvis, but everybody knows you ain't Elvis..

Old 05-19-2008 | 12:17 PM
hdbiker
Banned

ORIGINAL: hdbiker

True.dat, and never said they were. Still looking to try and confirm it, but somehow doesn't seem like it's true.
Been to the factory. Seen them on the line. Yes, they're made in Wisconson.

Old 05-20-2008 | 06:06 AM
AZ Rider
Road Warrior
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I looked at victory and then did my homework on them,victory is made my polaris which is owned by the fuji corporation,which also ownes suzuki and subaru.they have also issued a major recall on all victories from 2000-2008. I will stay with my harley.
They own a percentage of Polaris, they don't own Polaris. Big difference.

And Fuji does not and has not made any motorcycle engines for Victory. You need to understand the difference between Fuji's relationship with Polaris and Polaris'Victory motorcycle division.

"Fuji has provided more than 2 million engines used in Polaris snowmobiles, ATVs, watercraft and utility vehicles.Fuji has provided more than 2 million engines used in Polaris snowmobiles, ATVs, watercraft and utility vehicles."

Old 05-20-2008 | 06:28 AM
dog155
Extreme HDF Member
Received 25 Likes on 25 Posts

For some of us there is no comparison.It's Harley Davidson or 4 wheels.Well maybe a Ducati,Norton,Matchless,or other long time favorite. I personally cannot imagine not having a Harley!

Old 05-20-2008 | 06:52 AM
Stretchman
Stellar HDF Member
Veteran: Air Force
Received 225 Likes on 142 Posts

Before I'd buy another bike, I'd do a one off custom build, or even (gasp) a kit.

Old 05-20-2008 | 07:34 AM
travroc
Road Warrior
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

HD versus Victory...... that is like the New England Patriots versus the Miami Dolphins. (Sorry Dolphin fans)

Quick Reply: HD verses Victory