General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Any Evil Knevil fans about?????

Search this Thread

Old 11-04-2007, 12:20 PM
Dunk 2
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Any Evil Knevil fans about?????

I gotEvel's autograph last year (maybe two) at a cycle rally in PA. Seems like a good guy. Noone will ever compare.

Anyone remember Bob Gill? I remember watching him attempt a lake jump as a kid............. he fell short and hit the bank just in front of the landing ramp.

Old 11-04-2007, 12:28 PM
sl3slinger
Banned

ORIGINAL: SFTail06

SL3Slinger. I think there was some type of fight with the hells angels. It was at one of his jumps and I think some of the audience actually came down out of the stands and helped him out.
yeah thats right, i remember him talking about it on the show, hes just not to fond of those guys and we ll leave it at that.

Old 11-04-2007, 02:22 PM
Drum
Road Captain
Received 20 Likes on 16 Posts

ORIGINAL: Bear64

Evil Knevil, little known fact, the guy that painted his bikes and the big Rig art work lives across the river in Moline, ILL. personal friend of mine, not tight but when I stop in his shop we talk of the old times, he also did some artwork for me..G. Sedlack be his name..hell of a nice guy..must say though, even though old Evil was in town several times, I never got to meet him..Geo. has all kinds of pictures of Evil and his bikes on his walls of his studio..and with that info and 50 cents you can get a senior citizen coffee someplace.

[IMG]local://upfiles/3092/59F1B859ABF94AB99F90F233737D4EB2.jpg[/IMG]
George also played what I called the ape man on creature feature. Hey Bear, if yo know George, you must also know Hank & Wally

Old 11-04-2007, 03:52 PM
metal_mike
Road Warrior
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i must've had every evel toy made when i was a kid... and my 1st helmet for my 1st mini bike was a hand painted [by me] version of evel's...looked like crap but i swore it was the coolest thing ever!

long live evel!!

Old 11-04-2007, 05:29 PM
oldfartjc
Outstanding HDF Member

ORIGINAL: electaRICK

I can remember tuning in to the tube ,early 70's to watch old evil do his thing...
I'm thinkin it would be neat to have some of that old footage.

gotta admit, he was a crazy bastad, jumpin a heavy bike with terrible suspension!
I used to live about 1/2 mile fromEvel Knievelwhen I lived in Butte, Montana before I moved to Arizona about 23 years ago. I didn't know himreal well except to say hi or to wave at him when he drove by my house or when I ran into him at his favorite watering hole in Butte, but I knew his father Robert Knievel Sr. who owned a auto dealership in Butte and his daughter Tracy who used to work at a bank where I used to service their computers in my younger days. I do have some footage on Super 8 film that I took in Butte many years ago and some stuff I recorded off of the TV along with color slides of him performing at different 4th of Julyparades in Butte. He was definitely quite the character and a Butte, Montana icon.I have pictures of his Christmas decorations on his front lawnthat show a huge motorcycle all lit up doing a wheelie with Santa and his bag of toys riding it. He really decorated up his house and grounds during the holiday's. I have a picture sitting in front of me right now showing my 2 sons who where 5 and 3 years old at the time standing in front of his X-2 Skycycle after it's attempt to cross the Snake River Canyon. It was on display at his fathers auto dealership in Butte. Well anyway I didn't mean to write a book, so I will have to dig up a couple of my many pictures of Evel and post them.

Old 11-04-2007, 07:52 PM
masterblaster
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 258 Likes on 100 Posts

Seen his sky cycle at Biketoberfest in Daytona, had the old jump bikes there also, skimpy frames, he had ***** and was vrazy. Guess what you dont know sometimes wont kill ya. Remember sitting in front of the 19" black and white TV with my cousins and uncles, must have been 20 of us in the parlor ( thats what they were in the old days not family rooms). Great memories.

Old 11-04-2007, 08:11 PM
firemankrug
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Can't help you with footage, but I did get to see him jump overa bunch of cars at the Utah State Fair in the late sixty's or early seventy's. I was pretty young but can still rememberhim walking withacane, then getting on his bike and riding wheelies the length of the track he was on. The jump was great, he was quite a showman. Then the main event of the evening The Cowsills!!

Old 11-04-2007, 08:24 PM
Wecroft
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 10 Likes on 4 Posts

ORIGINAL: sl3slinger

ORIGINAL: SFTail06

SL3Slinger. I think there was some type of fight with the hells angels. It was at one of his jumps and I think some of the audience actually came down out of the stands and helped him out.
yeah thats right, i remember him talking about it on the show, hes just not to fond of those guys and we ll leave it at that.
He didn't start the fight. Five HA's attacked him at a performance in Texas for his anti drug stance. Audiance members beat the **** out of the HA's.

Old 11-04-2007, 09:35 PM
drdiesel1
Road Captain

I remember going to the fair every year to watch him jump. (he never crashed either)I remember when he was planning the Snake River jump. He came out on his jet bike and blew the fence down..Riding a short travel suspension bike that weighed 600+ pounds really took some big *****. I think he was the best. Especiallyfor what he was using.Not these little 200 LBS dirtbikes with 14 inches of travel.

Old 11-04-2007, 09:39 PM
zukeeper
Elite HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Evil is the man , no doubt about it...............and freaken nuts

Quick Reply: Any Evil Knevil fans about?????