General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Any Evil Knevil fans about?????

Search this Thread

Old 11-04-2007, 10:16 AM
Bear64
Banned
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Any Evil Knevil fans about?????

Evil Knevil, little known fact, the guy that painted his bikes and the big Rig art work lives across the river in Moline, ILL. personal friend of mine, not tight but when I stop in his shop we talk of the old times, he also did some artwork for me..G. Sedlack be his name..hell of a nice guy..must say though, even though old Evil was in town several times, I never got to meet him..Geo. has all kinds of pictures of Evil and his bikes on his walls of his studio..and with that info and 50 cents you can get a senior citizen coffee someplace.

[IMG]local://upfiles/3092/59F1B859ABF94AB99F90F233737D4EB2.jpg[/IMG]

Old 11-04-2007, 10:50 AM
DougsDyna
Banned

ORIGINAL: electaRICK

I can remember tuning in to the tube ,early 70's to watch old evil do his thing...
I'm thinkin it would be neat to have some of that old footage.

gotta admit, he was a crazy bastad, jumpin a heavy bike with terrible suspension!
Not film footage, but maybe a good place to start............. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Evel_Knievel

What a character!!

DougJ

Old 11-04-2007, 10:54 AM
Cynic
Road Captain

ORIGINAL: Bear64

Evil Knevil, little known fact, the guy that painted his bikes and the big Rig art work lives across the river in Moline, ILL. personal friend of mine, not tight but when I stop in his shop we talk of the old times, he also did some artwork for me..G. Sedlack be his name..hell of a nice guy..must say though, even though old Evil was in town several times, I never got to meet him..Geo. has all kinds of pictures of Evil and his bikes on his walls of his studio..and with that info and 50 cents you can get a senior citizen coffee someplace.

[IMG]local://upfiles/3092/59F1B859ABF94AB99F90F233737D4EB2.jpg[/IMG]
Thanks...nice FXE ?

Old 11-04-2007, 11:09 AM
JeepMaker
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Evil is cool.

Sadly, even though he never smoked, he has some type of fibrosis of the lungs. They are actually hardening. He requires oxygen all the time.

Old 11-04-2007, 11:14 AM
Donnylee
Stellar HDF Member
Received 854 Likes on 296 Posts

I ran into him in Spokane, Waa couple of years ago. He was in a custom painted Ford F-150 in his Knevel themewith his street scoot loaded in the back. He was headed home and meeting a friend there for dinner. He is a nice guy when approached, but his years are certainly showing when I ran into him. He appears very crippled up in his Golden years. The one thing I never realized is how tall and big Evil is. I know he has been also fighting hepatitus <spelling> for many years now.

As I kid I always liked him....He is an American Icon in my book!

Old 11-04-2007, 11:29 AM
MNPGRider
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 65 Likes on 51 Posts

This thread brings back some memories. Evel came to the Coon Rapids drag strip in 1972. Two of my friends on Kawasaki 500's and myself on a Triumph Bonneville drove down, into an incredible crowd--the largest they had ever had.

Evel's dual trailer semi was parked on the edge of the runway, and he came in by twin engine plane. The crowd surged onto the track, and the plane swerved and hit the back of the truck, breaking loose an engine, and punching a hole in the back of the truck.

He entertained us all with his jet powered cycle, did wheelies the length of the track on his jump bike, and then jumped over a line of vans.

On the way home, we got got in stop and go traffic in 90+ degree weather, and my Bonneville got so hot the plugs melted into the heads. I had to do a .060 bore to fix the scored cylinders.

Here's some very old pictures from my scrapbook. That's me at the age of 19 on top of a power pole wiring up a telephone!

[IMG]local://upfiles/38853/8036EF413F2146AA8491F359E7A3CCD6.jpg[/IMG]

Old 11-04-2007, 11:31 AM
x2lee
Banned
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

that was the biggest BS hype jump ever made by evil. He knew his bike wouldnt make that jump
any good base jumper could have pulled that pos jump off. Now I do have to give him his respects for most of his jumps. helluva daredevil he was. But the SRC.... just hype for money....
ORIGINAL: FXSTI Guy

If Evel had the equipment/technology that the freestyle riders have today, he'd have made it over Snake River no problem...Evel is a mans man...he should have had a automatic patent on the "No Fear" logo...unlike his son "Kaptain" Robbie...a name-filching wannabee IMO.

Old 11-04-2007, 11:35 AM
MNPGRider
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 65 Likes on 51 Posts

One of his other incidents was beating up a newsman, causing a "fall from grace" with the public, that he didn't recover from until Bobby started jumping. We saw him at the Buffalo Chip when he jumped the stage a few years back.

Bobby got DWI's two years in a row at Sturgis, if I recall correctly.

Old 11-04-2007, 11:40 AM
Terry TK
Big Kahuna HDF Member
Received 157 Likes on 53 Posts

I got to see Evel and his son perform at Kings Island Amusement park in Cincinnati (I believe in 1974). It was a trip. Robbie was pulling wheelies everywhere and Evel ended up breaking some worlds record. The Great Karl Walenda was walking across the park on a tight rope at the same time. That was a great summer.

Old 11-04-2007, 11:47 AM
electaRICK
Extreme HDF Member
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

I want a Evil lunch box!

Quick Reply: Any Evil Knevil fans about?????