General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Harley shades......??

Search this Thread

Old 11-03-2007, 05:44 PM
DenimStreet
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Harley shades......??

So what's the big deal!!?? That's $25 for the shades and $100 for the logo. Seems perfectly reasonable.[&:]

Old 11-03-2007, 06:24 PM
x2lee
Banned
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

i buy the 5 dollar ones i have some blue, browm\ black clear and yellow, they work good the keep the wind out good i lose a pair a week so i would be stupid to spend more, i think anyone who would spend 125 on sunglasses has more moneyt than gfood sense
ORIGINAL: electaRICK

I like spendin money,,, but a buck- n- a 1/4 for a pair of shades with the "Logo"
cant see it!

how can they be so expensive?

no tellin what I would have done to the dog, had he chewed them up?!!

Old 11-03-2007, 09:25 PM
DenimStreet
Ultimate HDF Member

[blockquote]
And you know EVERYONE needs "Gfood sense"!! LOL
ORIGINAL: x2lee

i buy the 5 dollar ones i have some blue, browm\ black clear and yellow, they work good the keep the wind out good i lose a pair a week so i would be stupid to spend more, i think anyone who would spend 125 on sunglasses has more moneyt than gfood sense
ORIGINAL: electaRICK

I like spendin money,,, but a buck- n- a 1/4 for a pair of shades with the "Logo"
cant see it!

how can they be so expensive?

no tellin what I would have done to the dog, had he chewed them up?!!
[/blockquote]

Old 11-03-2007, 09:33 PM
dircha
Cruiser
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Buck the trend of those wraparound shades and get yourself a pair of Ray-Ban polarized aviators instead

Classic.

Old 11-03-2007, 09:38 PM
ironhorselady
Road Master

I avoid the logo whenever I can and I go through shades like lightening. Lose 'em, scratch 'em, break 'em, so always buy cheap. But I just paid $30 (not so terrible) last weekend for some tight goggles that don't look like goggles, cause I hate freakin' goggles! lol Just got HD because I couldn't find any others (that don't look like goggles!!!! [:'(]did I mention that?) and I need them as it gets colder to keep my eyes from tearing and blinding me. Gotta see to ride. . .sigh. What a bother. And no, this is not the perfect moment where you can convince me to buy a full face. I'm open to the idea for the winter (kinda), but haven't found one that feels good yet and have been trying them on for a couple of years.

Old 11-03-2007, 09:39 PM
onephsyco1
Road Captain
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I cant see paying that much .
I bought A couple pair from here .
https://www.hdforums.com/forumid_272/tt.htm
I think they are pretty good for the money !

Jack

Old 11-03-2007, 09:41 PM
DenimStreet
Ultimate HDF Member

ORIGINAL: dircha

Buck the trend of those wraparound shades and get yourself a pair of Ray-Ban polarized aviators instead

Classic.

Alljokin aside...........you have to be really careful that the eyewear you choose has shatterproof lenses. One stone can lose you an eye. I don't think ray-bans are made for high impact.

Old 11-03-2007, 10:39 PM
mdewberry
Cruiser
Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

Just a suggestion, I wear HD safety glasses while riding. If they are ANSI approved and OSHA compliant, I think that they will save my eyes while riding. I wear contacts and have never had a problem with watering eyes and the best part is they are like $10.00 a piece. Any place that sells construction equipment, or rents equipment have them. Why spend big money on something that say's it will protect your eyes, when you can buy 10 pairs of TESTED eyewear for $100.00. By the way I carry extra's for that occasional extra rider!!! Do that with a pair of Wiley X's!!

Here's a couple of links to show:

http://www.tuffrhino.com/Harley_Davidson_s/309.htm
http://www.discountsafetygear.com/hadasapr.html

Old 11-03-2007, 10:46 PM
xxxflhrci
Extreme HDF Member
Received 25 Likes on 22 Posts

Yep, if you want safety lenses, you can get a box full pretty stylish wrap arounds from Northern Tool for the cost of one pair of HD or some other fancy branded glasses.

Old 11-03-2007, 11:06 PM
firefighter3666
Road Master
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Eight years ago I dropped $5500.00 on Lasik. Spent many years prior to that with prescription glasses and contacts with the UV filters. I ride with a pair of Panoptyx Polarized Transition glasses. Off the bike I have a set of Oakleys for work and another for out on the town. I don't wear HD glasses because I didn't like the fit, not due to cost.

Make sure that whatever you wear on the bike are ANSI rated for impact and don't be afraid to spend money on your eyes. You'll miss them when they are gone.

Quick Reply: Harley shades......??