General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

As I sit here with nothing to do......

Search this Thread

Old 11-02-2007, 11:40 PM
Cliff Diver
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default As I sit here with nothing to do......

What are you doing this fine Friday nite (for you all), Saturday morning (for me)? It is quiet here in the area I am in. So I will tell a story.
My wife told my 8 yr old she was gonna sell my bike, since I am planning on buying a new one when i get back from Iraq. He told her she wasnt allowed cause that was daddys bike and he was gonna ride it when he grew up to be like daddy(If i wasnt such a dick I might have teared up when I heard that). I dont mind doing nothing over here it means things are quiet and ask anyone over here, quiet usually means things are good for the time. But a call to home a story of your youngest wanting to be like you can make a bad day a good day. I could ride a pink unicycle with purple ribbons and my son would want nothing more in life than to ride one too. Aint kids great. Ok enough of the sappy stuff. Go ahead share your stories about your kids I need some humor and good stories right now to make this day go by faster. Now for another cup of coffee a cig and hope it keeps quiet.

Old 11-03-2007, 12:51 AM
07RoadGlide
Banned
Default RE: As I sit here with nothing to do......

Funny thing happened to me just l;ast week, kinda on the same lines. My wife went out to start my truck and the battery wouldn't turn the truck over (wound up being a lose cable). ANyhow, Jacob (my 3 1/2 year old) said "mommy, I think daddy would like a new truck. We need to go to Harley Davidson (one of the things my son enjoys doing when I'm around) and buy him a brand new blue truck with 4 doors, so we can all ride in it. LOL. He chose blue because that's his favorite color, and a 4 door because I have a regular cab truck now and only 2 of us can fit in it. I guess he thinks Harley makes trucks too, and that would probably be the best truck for me (in his eyes anyhow). Yeah, I kow Ford makes a HD truck, but it wouldn't be the same. Oh, to end it all, the wife said I CAN'T get a new truck. LOL. Oh, I was also told last weekend, by my son, that I'm taking him for a ride when I get home and mom has to stay home. hahahahahaha Gotta love kids. They know no wrong and always speak their minds.

Old 11-03-2007, 02:53 AM
Harleypingman
Extreme HDF Member
Received 44 Likes on 40 Posts

First, thank you both for your service to our country.

Years ago, when my children were young children, I accepted a position in Chicago and we relocated from Atlanta. We spent a night in a motel and got up the next morning to continue the drive to Chicago. My wife took two kids with her and our middle child, Claire, rode with me. We make it about 35 or so miles when my daughter tells me she forgot her "Blankie" (you know, the worn out blanket/comforter she'd had since she came home from the hospital) at the motel. Well, this is before the advent of cell phones so I flash my lights to my wife driving ahead of me and, after she stops, I tell her I'm taking Claire back to the motel to retrieve the Blankie, andmy wife should continue onward and I will catch up to her--you know, keep the troups moving, stay on schedule, etc.

Weretrieve the Blankie and I proceed to haul *** to catch up with my wife. After a few hours of driving I'm thinking I shouldhave caught up to her but haven't; and, I start doing that old math problem of one train leaving ahead of the other and howlong will it take for the second train to catch the first one if the second is going X mph faster.

My chace continued into the late afternoon, I am calling my parents and her parents to see if they've heard from my wife and they hadn't, of course. Meanwhile my young daughter is getting worried, blaming herself, and crying occasionally.

We finally stop for the night; still not having caughtup with my wife and two other kids. And as my daughter and I are having a somewhat somber dinner, my daughter says to me: "You know Daddy, life is nothing without Mommy." She was probably 6 or 7 years old at the time--and my recollection of that still gets me.

The happy ending is that my daughter and I arrived in the hotel my wife and I had agreed to use before moving into our new house the next day, and I ordered room service for all of us even though the wife and two kids hadn't arrived yet--ten minutes after the food and drinks arrived, the wife and kids show up. We still haven't figured out how we missed each other--gofigure.

Thanks, again, for your service and you and the rest of the troups stay safe.

Old 11-03-2007, 03:16 AM
Cwboyscooby
Tourer

Well, I'm in Texas working on a sting operation trying to put some turds in jail. I'm bored too. My baby girl is only 6 months old, so I don't have any great stories to tell. I can however comment on how good it feels to see her start smiling and laughing the second she sees me home in the morning when I get home from from work. It really makes it all worthwhile.

Old 11-03-2007, 06:53 AM
Cliff Diver
Advanced

kids are wonderful aint they gotta love em and they are so honest with their opinions no sugar coating there.

Old 11-03-2007, 07:07 AM
electaRICK
Extreme HDF Member
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Cliff,,,,, first off,,,,, come here anytime,,,, would be glad to cheer up your day!!!
hats off to ya son!!!! thanks for what you do!!

ok , now for kid story, hope this brings a chuckle..
years ago,, youngest son,,, about 6-7, and about the time kindergarden cop was on TV,,,
you know, where Arnold Shwartz.. asks kids what daddy does,,, and the Gynecologist vagina answer.
plus son must have learned some basic birds n bees stuff in class,,,,,,, ok,, anyways..
my 2 boys, mom, and I eating supper,,, the above mentioned son,,, out of blue,,
says,,,, "boys have a *****"....
choke,, ahhemm,,, ah,, ya son,,, your right...
then,, "mom has a vagina"......
choke,,choke,,,,,, ah,,, yes she does....
he- "how does she pee"?
sneer....... welll girls ar built diff,,,,, bla bla.bla..
he thinks long and hard...........
most serious face ever,,,at 6 years old,,,, looks his mother and says,,,,
"Mom,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, you'll have to let me check that out sometime!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

CHOKE<SPUTT<SPEWWWWW,, food all over the table..... wife and I cracked up!!!!
oldest son,,,,, hunched over,,, sniker sniker
wish it was on camera!!!!!!!!!!

have a good day!be safe!!

Old 11-03-2007, 10:52 AM
dog155
Extreme HDF Member
Received 25 Likes on 25 Posts

My Saturday is going to be the start of some serious overtime cutting trees and putting lines back in the air.I just might see my wife in a week or so.Noel is giving us 3+ inches of rain whippedup by 60+mph gusts.Yee Haa

Old 11-03-2007, 12:31 PM
x2lee
Banned
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

thats funny
my family had went to the grocery store, my little girl was about 5. it was summertime and we all grabbed a load of bags and wemt into thge house. my little girl was waiting in the car becasue of the warm summer rain. we stood on th eporch and hollored fro her to come in but she wouldnt we went inside and watched for her. she cam in about 10 minuts later and she was livid, why didnt you come and get me? youKNOW i cant breathe under water!
ORIGINAL: electaRICK

Cliff,,,,, first off,,,,, come here anytime,,,, would be glad to cheer up your day!!!
hats off to ya son!!!! thanks for what you do!!

ok , now for kid story, hope this brings a chuckle..
years ago,, youngest son,,, about 6-7, and about the time kindergarden cop was on TV,,,
you know, where Arnold Shwartz.. asks kids what daddy does,,, and the Gynecologist vagina answer.
plus son must have learned some basic birds n bees stuff in class,,,,,,, ok,, anyways..
my 2 boys, mom, and I eating supper,,, the above mentioned son,,, out of blue,,
says,,,, "boys have a *****"....
choke,, ahhemm,,, ah,, ya son,,, your right...
then,, "mom has a vagina"......
choke,,choke,,,,,, ah,,, yes she does....
he- "how does she pee"?
sneer....... welll girls ar built diff,,,,, bla bla.bla..
he thinks long and hard...........
most serious face ever,,,at 6 years old,,,, looks his mother and says,,,,
"Mom,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, you'll have to let me check that out sometime!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

CHOKE<SPUTT<SPEWWWWW,, food all over the table..... wife and I cracked up!!!!
oldest son,,,,, hunched over,,, sniker sniker
wish it was on camera!!!!!!!!!!

have a good day!be safe!!