General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Burrr!!

Search this Thread

Old 11-02-2007 | 10:33 PM
auctioneer
|
Cruiser
Default Burrr!!

The past couple of nights have been a bit cool riding home. Everyday after work I ride up to my wife's store and help her until closing. This past week we have been getting ready for the Christmas season and have been staying late to decorate. Last night it was 40 and tonight it was 43 when I left to go home. It has been warm in the afternoon when I go to the store but after the sun goes down it has been cooling down quick. I guess I need to start taking my cold weather gear with me!
[&:]

Old 11-02-2007 | 10:44 PM
hdpearson13
Road Warrior
Default RE: Burrr!!

My econimical solution is isulated coveralls, snowmobile gloves, neck gator and fullface. I know the cold feeling but love riding and tried to all year around in pa now i love NC

Old 11-02-2007 | 11:12 PM
shoptroll
Banned

34 to 35 degrees every morning this week 'cept for Thursday.

Old 11-02-2007 | 11:17 PM
Cliff Diver
Advanced

50 degrees here in the morning but still close to 90 during the day in sunny Iraq but let me tell you when you are used to 100's and it seems like all the sudden drops to 50 when you wake up well lets just say you feel it. Then again I cant wait to get back to Ohio in April sometime and Look like the kid from "A Christmas Story" all bundled up and ride. It wont matter to me how cold it is I will have to since I havnt been able to being over here. What happened to the good ole days of WWII and Korea when they had the Military Motorcycles? That would be nice I would ride everywhere on one of those. Would look a little odd uparmored but hey would be a ride.

Old 11-02-2007 | 11:23 PM
ButtMan1000
Outstanding HDF Member

I used to layer my clothing to stay warm in the cold.

I also looked like the Michelin Man,

I now use electrically heated undergarments that actually allow arm movement and zipper closing of my jacket,

M'mmm, Toasty,

Old 11-02-2007 | 11:56 PM
Gunkholes
Road Captain

Most of the year, I don't envy the heat & humidity of the sun belt; however, the season is changing. It was 27 deg when I got to Sea-Tac airport this morning. Good test for my new 1st Gear Kilimanjaro, but I guess it's time to break out the Gerbing liner & gloves.

Old 11-03-2007 | 12:30 AM
JB
Outstanding HDF Member

From 29 deg to 32 deg every morning this week going to work. Supposed to be colder next week, looks like its time to put the liner in the jacket! This is the first year Ive had the engine guard chaps for the bike and boy do they ever make a difference it hasn't been bad at all riding to work.

Old 11-03-2007 | 06:15 AM
electraride2
Cruiser

look at it this way .....no ones crying about heat issues on the 07s-08s

Old 11-03-2007 | 06:22 AM
Road_Clam
Road Captain

ORIGINAL: auctioneer

The past couple of nights have been a bit cool riding home. Everyday after work I ride up to my wife's store and help her until closing. This past week we have been getting ready for the Christmas season and have been staying late to decorate. Last night it was 40 and tonight it was 43 when I left to go home. It has been warm in the afternoon when I go to the store but after the sun goes down it has been cooling down quick. I guess I need to start taking my cold weather gear with me!
[&:]
Here is my 40F clothingrecipie for reasonable comfort.

1) WINDSHIELD.
2) Full face helmet (get over the image thing, and save your face)
3) Good quality heavy thermal underwear (Ski-Doo snowmobile manufacturedthermals are the best, period)
4) LOOSE fitting leather gloves with thinsulate liners.(loose allows the warmth to circulate around your fingers)
5) stay off the highway ! LOL

I've been fighting late fall cold riding for 15 years, and this is what works great for me.

Old 11-03-2007 | 06:42 AM
electaRICK
Extreme HDF Member

hmmmmm,,,,,, its fall,,,, x-mas is comin,,,,temp. is dropping......
and this is new to you????????????

god , how I would love to "wake up just yesterday"

Quick Reply: Burrr!!