General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Harley bashing MSF instructors

Search this Thread

Old 11-02-2007 | 02:02 PM
Idiot
|
Tourer
Default Harley bashing MSF instructors

Last night I completed the classroom portion of my Rider's Ed class. I seriously could not get over how passionately my intstructors hate Harley.

I don't give a **** what anyone thinks about Harley and I took it with a sense of humor. Then all the other students had to jump on the anti-Harley bandwagon too saying itsjust an image thing, nothing else. They complained that Harley sells beginner's bikes that are too big for them, and it turns riders off, and they lose three sales ... etc etc

I had to laugh when I looked around the room at this bunch of IDIOTS I was with. One had an issue with the fact that the training material equates 1oz liquor to a 12 oz beer for alcohol content. He had to debate it with the instructor just to make sure the class went extra long.

Some broad in there kept asking questions about if it is safer for her to tow her dog in a bike-trailer or a side car. She also volunteered that, from her experience sailing, she knows that people should not start off riding Harleys if they ever really wanna learn to ride.

I seriously felt like Mr Murphy in One Flew Over The Cuckoos Nest

Old 11-02-2007 | 02:08 PM
firemankrug
Outstanding HDF Member
Default RE: Harley bashing MSF instructors

Fu*k em!!

Old 11-02-2007 | 02:12 PM
SUPER01
Road Warrior

That's a bummer for you.

WhenI took the class a few years back all 3 instructors rode Harleys they even brought them to class,made for a reallyenjoyable class.

Good luck.

Old 11-02-2007 | 02:15 PM
ken01976
Road Master

everyones entitled to their opinions and to spout them off. Its up to the listeners to wade through the BS and form their own opinions.

Old 11-02-2007 | 02:15 PM
petemac
Ultimate HDF Member

I'd call the company that put on the class, and the one that pays the instructor, and tell them about his unprofessional behavior. The guy sounds like a dope and the company would probably like to know.

Old 11-02-2007 | 02:18 PM
LIRIDE
Road Warrior

You should have stood up and said :

They was givin' me ten thousand watts a day and I'mhot to trot. The nextwoman who takes me out is gonna light up like a pinball machine, and pay off insilverdollars.~ R.P. McMurphy

Old 11-02-2007 | 02:29 PM
Dirty Harry
Stellar HDF Member

Last year when my wife took the MSR class at the local Harley shop, her instructor's nick name is "freek".........He's a really easy natured guy and a great instructor.........freek is about 45 years old and about 6'1"....weighs about 270..........he's got a potbelly........he is tattoed from his wrists all the way up the back of his neck....he has those things in his ear loobs that has streched them with about a 1' hole in them.............he has a moehawk hair cut with variuos other piercings and holds a black belt in two different marshal art devisionsand to top it off he's an ordained minister and has a CCW license................he rides his EG Ultra to the classes and no one bad mouths Harleys during his sessions

Old 11-02-2007 | 02:30 PM
MyFirstHD
Road Master

When I took the course the Instructors were ABATE members (the #1 group here in Michigan helping to train riders) and rode Harleys. When one guy said he had to pass because he was picking up his Road King the next week the instructor freaked.

Old 11-02-2007 | 02:31 PM
The Punisher
Banned

Should have taken theRider's Edge course that HD puts on. It's a little more expensive but totally pro HD. Our main instructor rode a GW but never once said a negative thing about Harley's. There were a couple of squid's in the class wiht crotch rockets at home but they never bashed HD either. I guess they knew their place.

Old 11-02-2007 | 02:34 PM
celticgent
Road Master

blame those particular instructors.

the class i took had nothing of the sort there.

in fact, the wife of the president(?)of the local HOG group was a student in the class i was in...

Quick Reply: Harley bashing MSF instructors