General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Harley bashing MSF instructors

Search this Thread

Old 11-03-2007 | 08:30 AM
x2lee
Banned
Default RE: Harley bashing MSF instructors

I would have asked them to put all the off topic comments in a memo and the people who didnt think they were wasting their time and money could pick it up at the door and read it on thier own time. You are on my time now I and I dont pay people for taking a dump.
ORIGINAL: badwhine

ORIGINAL: Idiot

Last night I completed the classroom portion of my Rider's Ed class. I seriously could not get over how passionately my intstructors hate Harley.

I don't give a **** what anyone thinks about Harley and I took it with a sense of humor. Then all the other students had to jump on the anti-Harley bandwagon too saying itsjust an image thing, nothing else. They complained that Harley sells beginner's bikes that are too big for them, and it turns riders off, and they lose three sales ... etc etc

I had to laugh when I looked around the room at this bunch of IDIOTS I was with. One had an issue with the fact that the training material equates 1oz liquor to a 12 oz beer for alcohol content. He had to debate it with the instructor just to make sure the class went extra long.

Some broad in there kept asking questions about if it is safer for her to tow her dog in a bike-trailer or a side car. She also volunteered that, from her experience sailing, she knows that people should not start off riding Harleys if they ever really wanna learn to ride.

I seriously felt like Mr Murphy in One Flew Over The Cuckoos Nest

Uhh--what does it matter? did you go there looking for positve reenforcement for your product choice? doubt others, never yourselff

Old 11-03-2007 | 10:28 AM
MarAgt
Banned Camp

I took my MSF ERC on a military base, we all road different bikes, we all got along, and we were all glad we got the day off to ride motorcycles. Since it's mandatory to have an MSF card on DoD installations, they do the courses on base, during the work day, fo' free... I thought the class was great. No talk of brands. The instructor did discuss different types of bikes (sport, cruiser, touring) and handling effects. We hadfourHD's out of six participants. The instructoris a 'Winger and did every skill we did on his Wing first. When a guy does the figure eighton a big a$$Wing, several times, w/o puttin' his feet down, you don't knock anything he's teaching or riding.

Old 11-03-2007 | 10:39 AM
Hal64hd
Road Master
Veteran: Air Force

ORIGINAL: Rides2007Harley

ORIGINAL: JohnT

These types of threads bring out the most bizarre responses. What difference does it make what someone else says about Harleys? It's a motorcycle, a possession not unlike your TV set, your car, truck washing machine, dog, and everything else you own or owe money on. Do you defend your choices in those areas as vehemently? I doubt it.
I find it bizarre that you would not defend something you are a part of and believe in. By the way, someone badmouths my dog and you had better believe I am going to defend him and things could get ugly.
I would refuse to have a "battle of intelligence" with a unarmed person

Old 11-03-2007 | 10:50 AM
Donnylee
Stellar HDF Member

Any chance these two P-pants were riding them BMW mountain bikes with their skanes of polyester, and back backs..... It goes both ways.....They too look ridiculous, and those bikes are about as exciting as a dishwasher..... I would have give them back some of their own candor, andthings to pondor.

I have to ask, so what was their dream scoot? Vespa?

Old 11-03-2007 | 05:30 PM
dmac1968
Road Warrior

Hey dude,

Got a cool shot of my bike outside Sydney's Luna Park where the filmed the movie "The Punisher" with Dolph Lundgren back in the late 80's... Send me a good pic of your bike and you and I will do a photoshop jobbie on it if ya want.... just thought the two would go together...

email to spam@f1.net.au if you wanna send one.

DeanO

[IMG]local://upfiles/24695/6BA74317647845F7AEF2A2A047AD1BA8.jpg[/IMG]

Old 11-03-2007 | 06:38 PM
Blade68
Ultimate HDF Member

The only thing that I encountered was that the instructors would consistently mention that the Harley riders in the class would have problems with particular moves. Funny the two of us were the only ones that got perfect scores on the riding test. No real bashing to speak of though...

Old 11-03-2007 | 08:38 PM
dircha
Cruiser

Ridiculous.

A used HD Sportster is a good value and a great beginner's motorcycle.

Power delivery is always manageable, braking is very forgiving, handling is not twitchy, and it will perform as well as a beginner needs.

Not to mention it looks like what most Americans think a motorcycle should look like.

Maintenance is easy, there's no chain to lube, no coolant level to maintain, and more importantly there are no labor intensive valve adjustments.

That instructor needs an attitude adjustment.