General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Harley bashing MSF instructors

Search this Thread

Old 11-02-2007 | 07:50 PM
Cynic
Road Captain
Default RE: Harley bashing MSF instructors

ORIGINAL: Idiot

Last night I completed the classroom portion of my Rider's Ed class. I seriously could not get over how passionately my intstructors hate Harley.

I don't give a **** what anyone thinks about Harley and I took it with a sense of humor. Then all the other students had to jump on the anti-Harley bandwagon too saying itsjust an image thing, nothing else. They complained that Harley sells beginner's bikes that are too big for them, and it turns riders off, and they lose three sales ... etc etc

I had to laugh when I looked around the room at this bunch of IDIOTS I was with. One had an issue with the fact that the training material equates 1oz liquor to a 12 oz beer for alcohol content. He had to debate it with the instructor just to make sure the class went extra long.

Some broad in there kept asking questions about if it is safer for her to tow her dog in a bike-trailer or a side car. She also volunteered that, from her experience sailing, she knows that people should not start off riding Harleys if they ever really wanna learn to ride.

I seriously felt like Mr Murphy in One Flew Over The Cuckoos Nest
What else is new? [sm=insomnia.gif][sm=insomnia.gif][sm=insomnia.gif]

Old 11-02-2007 | 08:28 PM
krub6t9
Extreme HDF Member

I took msf in march and instuctors were very good. Not one word was said about what kind of bike to buy. are bashing of any kind.

[IMG]local://upfiles/39516/5D0D52FEE90845D68A3DD4B72311DD49.jpg[/IMG]

Old 11-02-2007 | 08:36 PM
codyshop
Tourer

If you think that's bad, bring a Glock to a firearms safety class. Those 1911 idiots make your MSF instructor look a cub scout. Ray

Old 11-02-2007 | 08:45 PM
badwhine
Outstanding HDF Member

ORIGINAL: Idiot

Last night I completed the classroom portion of my Rider's Ed class. I seriously could not get over how passionately my intstructors hate Harley.

I don't give a **** what anyone thinks about Harley and I took it with a sense of humor. Then all the other students had to jump on the anti-Harley bandwagon too saying itsjust an image thing, nothing else. They complained that Harley sells beginner's bikes that are too big for them, and it turns riders off, and they lose three sales ... etc etc

I had to laugh when I looked around the room at this bunch of IDIOTS I was with. One had an issue with the fact that the training material equates 1oz liquor to a 12 oz beer for alcohol content. He had to debate it with the instructor just to make sure the class went extra long.

Some broad in there kept asking questions about if it is safer for her to tow her dog in a bike-trailer or a side car. She also volunteered that, from her experience sailing, she knows that people should not start off riding Harleys if they ever really wanna learn to ride.

I seriously felt like Mr Murphy in One Flew Over The Cuckoos Nest

Uhh--what does it matter? did you go there looking for positve reenforcement for your product choice? doubt others, never yourselff

Old 11-02-2007 | 09:46 PM
Johnny Law
Cruiser

Make sure you put comments in your critique in the back of your student guide and send it off or give it to thier sponsor. That is the only way to fix idiots.
JL

Old 11-02-2007 | 09:51 PM
Whiskers
Seasoned HDF Member

The ABATE instructors at my class were both good guys...one rode a rocket the other a HD...and neither expoused an opinion, good or bad, about what each other rode or what the class members owned. They were happy knowing we wanted to ride a scoot.

Old 11-03-2007 | 12:51 AM
Tralfaz
Road Master

My MSF instructor owned a Sportster. When I talked about getting a Yamaha or a Honda (shopping around at the time) he said "Those Japanese cruisers just ain't got no soul."

Old 11-03-2007 | 01:29 AM
SoftailBrian
Outstanding HDF Member

My response would be, "Okay, now that we've been through the brand bashing class, how about we move on to the part were we accually learn how to ride a bike".

Old 11-03-2007 | 04:42 AM
Jrsess
Ultimate HDF Member

Sounds like the instructor is as ignorant as some of his students! Jrsess

Old 11-03-2007 | 08:14 AM
Rides2007Harley
Road Warrior

ORIGINAL: JohnT

These types of threads bring out the most bizarre responses. What difference does it make what someone else says about Harleys? It's a motorcycle, a possession not unlike your TV set, your car, truck washing machine, dog, and everything else you own or owe money on. Do you defend your choices in those areas as vehemently? I doubt it.
I find it bizarre that you would not defend something you are a part of and believe in. By the way, someone badmouths my dog and you had better believe I am going to defend him and things could get ugly.

Quick Reply: Harley bashing MSF instructors