General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Harley bashing MSF instructors

Search this Thread

Old 11-02-2007 | 05:07 PM
dog155
Extreme HDF Member
Default RE: Harley bashing MSF instructors

Jealousy is an aweful thing! Be Proud!

Old 11-02-2007 | 05:08 PM
faber
Ultimate HDF Member

I went through the course with my wife, who never rode before. Great course.

It was great becasue of the instructors. One rode a V-Rod; the other a Buell Lightning. These guys are also the Rider's Edge instructors (they alternate weekends, MSF/Rider's Edge.)

They said up front that they teach the same course at the H-D dealership, but they said that there they deal specifically with Harleys/Buells. At the MSF course, they remain brand-neutral. And they were.

EVen though these guys were H-D fans, they made sure to represent themselves differently by one guy riding a sport bike, the other a cruiser.

Can't say enough good thngs about them.

Old 11-02-2007 | 05:27 PM
Cryptoboy
Seasoned HDF Member
Veteran: Navy

I took the Team Arizona class (basically the same at the Riders Edge class). They were nocommittal about all the bikes (3 instructors total, one was more an observer though), and it turned out one I believe was a salesperson at a metric dealer, the other sold Harleys (I know because one of the kids in our class ended up buying a Buell Blast from him!)

Old 11-02-2007 | 05:33 PM
electaRICK
Extreme HDF Member

aint it great,,,,, and to think,,, couple of weeks, more idiots on the road with a new MC license

Old 11-02-2007 | 05:34 PM
zombie
Banned

ORIGINAL: JohnT

These types of threads bring out the most bizarre responses. What difference does it make what someone else says about Harleys? It's a motorcycle, a possession not unlike your TV set, your car, truck washing machine, dog, and everything else you own or owe money on. Do you defend your choices in those areas as vehemently? I doubt it. Something about owning a Harley brings out the best, and worst, in some people. Give it a rest. It's a motorcycle. There is no 'Harley' family, no brotherhood, just Harley marketing. Ride and enjoy and don't sweat the small stuff.
To quote someone else in this thread...and after all that, we've learned....you have an opinion.

Old 11-02-2007 | 05:40 PM
electaRICK
Extreme HDF Member

no HD family??? No Brotherhood????
wow,,, and I paid an extra $3,500 for it !

Old 11-02-2007 | 06:11 PM
pococj
Seasoned HDF Member

These types of threads bring out the most bizarre responses. What difference does it make what someone else says about Harleys? It's a motorcycle, a possession not unlike your TV set, your car, truck washing machine, dog, and everything else you own or owe money on. Do you defend your choices in those areas as vehemently? I doubt it. Something about owning a Harley brings out the best, and worst, in some people. Give it a rest. It's a motorcycle. There is no 'Harley' family, no brotherhood, just Harley marketing. Ride and enjoy and don't sweat the small stuff.
First off, when I pays me money to take a motorcycle safety class, I ain't payin' for anybody's stinkin' opinion on anything. I'm there to learn about motorcycle safety. For a so-called instructor to interject his opinions about anything into the class is stealing money from me 'cause he's wasting my time.

Next, like it or not, some of us are just a wee bit passionate about our muttersickles. What are you passionate about? Anything? Granted, my HD ain't the only thing I'm passionate about, but I am passionate about it.

And there is a Harley family that I've belonged to well before the current craze started. It started when my Dad bought his first HD back in the late 1930s. He still rode an HD when he died in his '70s. I've been riding, customizing, building 'em since 1973. My shop is designed to work on 'em. Myretired club patches are displayed over the door. My bedroom has a bookcase full of HD manuals, HD tales, HD history, and just general biker books. My leathers hang on one side of the door, and my current colors on the other side. To make it short - I eat, sleep, and breathe Harley-Davidsons.

Old 11-02-2007 | 06:40 PM
txfxstrider
Ultimate HDF Member

You are completely wrong. Harleys and dogs are special. Like they say "if you have to ask, you won't understand."

Old 11-02-2007 | 06:58 PM
GrandpaSpike
Tourer

Both my MSF instructors rode Wings. Pros and cons of bike brands never came up.

Old 11-02-2007 | 07:48 PM
Cynic
Road Captain

That **** won't get you anywhere unless you were clueless to begin with, and even that's debatable. If you really want to learn to ride and be comfortable with what your bike is doing at any given moment regardless of weather conditions learn the physics...**** the dumb ****...

Quick Reply: Harley bashing MSF instructors