General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

105th harley ralley

Search this Thread

Old 11-01-2007, 09:31 AM
Bobzilla
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 105th harley ralley

Any one going to the 105th rally was just wondering never been to that part of the country .What was the 100th like any must see atractions just trying to plan the trip, hotels are all booked up already might have to take the camper[:@] any advise would be a great help

Old 11-01-2007, 09:50 AM
rh8234
Elite HDF Member
Received 34 Likes on 16 Posts
Default RE: 105th harley ralley

I was at the 100th and camped at Richard Bong State Recreation Area. It's about 47 miles from Milwaukee. I had a great time and will be going to the 105th. I found a hotel in Kenosha that wasn't booked up and had reasonable rates. I sure hope they can get Elton John to come again. LOL

Old 11-01-2007, 09:57 AM
Bobzilla
Road Captain

I found a spot at kettle morainestate park25 -30 miles man I sure hope elton isnt coming this time are the tickets that harley is selling worh wile .is it like Sturges just trying to get a picture of what to expect

Old 11-01-2007, 10:13 AM
rh8234
Elite HDF Member
Received 34 Likes on 16 Posts

When I went to the 100th, I had no tickets of any kind. I was still able to find tons of stuff to keep me busy and interested. Vendors everywhere and tens of thousands of bikes to look at and many interesting people to meet. You couldn't get into certain areas and activities without tickets, but I really didn't need to see Elton anyway. For the 105th, my girlfriend has ordered tickets for us, so we will be able to get into all the areas. It is a little like Sturgis in that there will be thousands of bikers there and parties going on all the time.

Old 11-01-2007, 10:25 AM
Rides2007Harley
Road Warrior
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

My wife and I went to the 100th and had a great time. The HOG XX party was excellent and they had some great music. We didn't buy a ticket to anything but still had a very good time and plenty of things in the surrounding area to visit.

Book your rooms early! I only live about 70 miles from Milwaukee but from what I understand the hotels sold out long before the event.

Old 11-01-2007, 10:39 AM
Bobzilla
Road Captain

sure isnt much info on the harley site from what I can find hotels are gone. What the hell 60 bucks or so just as well get the ticket package, just need to find some one to drive thecamper so I can ride. how is the trafic on the interstate around Millwaukee ? Was in the Charolette N.C.area a wile back now that is scarey

Old 11-01-2007, 12:05 PM
solorider
Outstanding HDF Member

ORIGINAL: Bobzilla

how is the trafic on the interstate around Millwaukee ?
Not bad compared to most cities,however, there is major construction going on with theinterstate system all around the downtown area. This is a multi-year project that will still be happening next summer, but they will probably do everything they can to assist riders during an event this large, especially since Milwaukee lives and breathes Harley. Things like extra signage, no construction vehicles after a certain hour or on certain days, or the opening of lanes on a temporary basis are not a far fetched expectation.

Old 11-01-2007, 12:14 PM
solorider
Outstanding HDF Member

ORIGINAL: Bobzilla

I found a spot at kettle morainestate park25 -30 miles
Kettle Moraine State Park has a couple of campgrounds--some sites with hookups--and they do take reservations. Waukesha County Parks, which are all located within 30 miles of Milwaukee,also have 'group campsites' that you can reserve if you plan on coming with even a small group of people (no minimum required). They also have several individual sites that are first come-first served. All of the County's sites are primitive but each facility does have a builiding near the campground where you can grab a shower and a water source centrally located for drinking and cooking. For more information check out this site:

www.waukeshacountyparks.com

Look under the activities menu on the left hand side of the homepage to find camping information.

Old 11-01-2007, 12:22 PM
Atomic Injector
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Come stay in Kenosha Wisconsin, it about 45 minutes from Milwaukee down the highway or you can take a nice scenic route and be there in about 1 hour 20 minutes. Their is a great motel on Lake Michigan and it's within walking distance of some good bars. Lake Michigan is only 15 minutes from the highway. Do a google search on Kenosha Wisconsin.

Old 11-01-2007, 12:29 PM
pkenyon1
Road Captain

I wouldnt bother...I would wait for the 106th next year!!

Quick Reply: 105th harley ralley